This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how to prevent hacking (without taking away iv)

#1omniryuPosted 1/9/2013 10:03:44 AM
1. Heavily connect the game to the internet.
2. Constant patch and system update. As in you must ALWAYS have the latest update for both the title and the system to play online.
3. Cloud storage, have the game record all of your battle in the game and send it to the server.
4. Tie the Pokémon original trainer with the 3DS friend code
5. Strike the ban hammer
6. Deny access to local trade until a patch or update is installed.
7. Free DLC Pokémon, so people won't use any hack or AR to unlock legendary Pokémons

I'm still on the fence about no previous gen trading allowed. But each point has a purpose. Number 2 is obvious. Three is to prevent fake IV by documenting all the battle you including experience, iv, and ev stats. Four, is to prevent the GTS and trading glitch. So when the game search the server and two people have the same Pokémon from friend code 1234-1234-1234-1234. They will deny you access from the Nintendo Network, and force a patch to delete your clone.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#2omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 10:04:51 AM
Enjoy your cheat free game.
---
#3kabigon20Posted 1/9/2013 10:05:13 AM
No. Those ideas suck. They just nee to make the IV system not stupid so we dont need to hack them anymore.
---
Brawl fc: 0946-1910-2716 Pokemon Black 2 fc: 5372-8298-8628
Ruby/Sapphire remakes will be part of 6th gen on 3DS. If not, I'll close my account.
#4omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 10:07:24 AM
kabigon20 posted...
No. Those ideas suck. They just nee to make the IV system not stupid so we dont need to hack them anymore.

When you're going to include ranks, global leaderboard, and other rewarding system they're going to cheat anyway.
---
#5Roc_RaidaPosted 1/9/2013 10:08:56 AM
kabigon20 posted...

Umm, you could remove IV and EVs (basically every Pokemon you find are the same, stats wise) and people will still have "reason" to cheat. -_-
#6kabigon20Posted 1/9/2013 10:10:10 AM
Roc_Raida posted...
kabigon20 posted...

Umm, you could remove IV and EVs (basically every Pokemon you find are the same, stats wise) and people will still have "reason" to cheat. -_-

Theres cheaters in every game ever made. Get over it.
---
Brawl fc: 0946-1910-2716 Pokemon Black 2 fc: 5372-8298-8628
Ruby/Sapphire remakes will be part of 6th gen on 3DS. If not, I'll close my account.
#7TruePowerSeekerPosted 1/9/2013 10:10:11 AM
1. It is portable so that won't work
2. That would take so much effort by Nintendo to please a small number that it is pointless.
3. Again it is a portable game. You can't always connect to the internet to play
4. What would that do? Make hacked pokemon just be read as traded so they level faster?
5. Then anyone who buys the game used and the previous owner cheated is screwed over
6. That just makes it a pain in the ass to trade pokemon and causes more problems than it solves.
7. I would like this over events.

All those ideas would do is inconvenience the majority to keep the minority from *****ing.
---
http://tinyurl.com/abm7qr6
#8COlimar788Posted 1/9/2013 10:11:45 AM
Not only is this sort of internet-management an inherently terrible idea, Nintendo's online structure is far from being able to reliably handle something like this. Oh, and it's pointless, especially since it would have no way of removing RNGing, the most prominent form of "hacking" anyway.
---
Twilight Sparkle is best pony.
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7169-9510
#9mcnichojPosted 1/9/2013 10:12:25 AM
omniryu posted...
This is the only thing I can't support.
You know how uninformed the casual player is that most of us that keep our games updated would never be able to trade with those that have never connected their 3DS to the internet.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner.
#10helldewPosted 1/9/2013 10:13:36 AM
1. Heavily connect the game to the internet.
2. Constant patch and system update. As in you must ALWAYS have the latest update for both the title and the system to play online.
3. Cloud storage, have the game record all of your battle in the game and send it to the server.
4. Tie the Pokémon original trainer with the 3DS friend code
5. Strike the ban hammer
7. Free DLC Pokémon, so people won't use any hack or AR to unlock legendary Pokémons

This this folks is called letting the bad people ruin everything for the good people.

No one wants a portable game that is heavily connected to the internet. i dont want to be DLing patches constantly either. Cloud storage thing just sounds like a waste of time money server maintenance. People will hack their OTs and if the 3DS FC system and this will be a pain with owners of more then one system. The ban hammer thing is stupid what if you get traded a hacked pokemon then you get banned?

the events actaully being distrubted is proably the main option i like.

what they should focus on ISNT scrweing honest players over they should focus on making it so people shouldnt want to ./have no real incentive to hack to begin with.

grant us ways to change IVs (maybe using money considering how useless it is otherwise). plus it would give us something to grind for and buy. and it wouldnt mean our pokemon are auto useless. It would allow us to have some flexibility on HPs to and natures already give huge variety + theres EVs on top of that.

Make event pokemon not in the game but yeah as Free DLC so people wont be able to hack them in to begin with and actually release events world wide not 90% in japan...
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.