This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how to prevent hacking (without taking away iv)

#11songwriter724Posted 1/9/2013 11:13:37 AM
I'd prefer the AR myself due to being stolen from by jerks in a trade off. :/ And no I don't cheat otherwise with AR...
---
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=1725184 Maya 0259 2642 0182 Pokemon SGT:: 47 DWP Helped: 3 White: Kay : 4342 0525 2445 B2: Koihime: Coming Soon
#12SlimeStackPosted 1/9/2013 11:14:43 AM(edited)
The thing is, pirates and cheaters can often find ways of bypassing all these checks.

Legitimate players on the other hand have no way of avoiding this constant probing and checking.
#13RoanarkPosted 1/9/2013 11:14:03 AM
Well, let's discuss world peace, preventing all hunger, and the end of all natural disasters while we're at it.
Sound like a plan?
#14omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 11:15:47 AM
TruePowerSeeker posted...
1. It is portable so that won't work
2. That would take so much effort by Nintendo to please a small number that it is pointless.
3. Again it is a portable game. You can't always connect to the internet to play
4. What would that do? Make hacked pokemon just be read as traded so they level faster?
5. Then anyone who buys the game used and the previous owner cheated is screwed over
6. That just makes it a pain in the ass to trade pokemon and causes more problems than it solves.
7. I would like this over events.

All those ideas would do is inconvenience the majority to keep the minority from *****ing.

You didn't read my paragraph. Number four is to prevent clone Pokémon from being used online. It is easy to update. Majority of people have some sort of internet access.
Chances are if you're a kid and in school there is a McDonald's near it and you can use the free WiFi. Or you can ask your neighbor. If you don't have wiifi access yourself.

And
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#15kabigon20Posted 1/9/2013 11:16:59 AM
omniryu posted...
kabigon20 posted...
No. Those ideas suck. They just nee to make the IV system not stupid so we dont need to hack them anymore.

When you're going to include ranks, global leaderboard, and other rewarding system they're going to cheat anyway.

And your ideas still suck. They just inconvenience everyone and bog the game down. Black and White already have hack detection. They only allow legal pokemon to be used. Even though people hack their pokemon, they still have to be legal before they can be used. So either you man up and hack, or RNG your pokemon or prepare to spend weeks iv breeding a decent team. The only real solution to this is to change the IV system so you dont have to spend so much time breeding anymore.
---
Brawl fc: 0946-1910-2716 Pokemon Black 2 fc: 5372-8298-8628
Ruby/Sapphire remakes will be part of 6th gen on 3DS. If not, I'll close my account.
#16omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 11:20:46 AM
COlimar788 posted...
Not only is this sort of internet-management an inherently terrible idea, Nintendo's online structure is far from being able to reliably handle something like this. Oh, and it's pointless, especially since it would have no way of removing RNGing, the most prominent form of "hacking" anyway.

Which is why you have cloud storage. Which track all the Pokémon you catch and officially level up. So if a Pokémon has inexplicably have high stats and a specific nature. They will be banned from the Nintendo network.

And to whomever say that Nintendo doesn't use cloud storage. Yes, they do. That was the whole point of dream world.
---
#17Grand_BluePosted 1/9/2013 11:23:36 AM
If you have enough time to hack a Pokemon game, then you probably have no life or you are too lazy to play it the right way. I can't believe people are bored to the point where they hack Pokemon games. Play the game like it was meant to be played. Hackers ruin it for everyone.
#18songwriter724Posted 1/9/2013 11:24:31 AM
I hope some jerk steals a beloved Pokemon of yours over a trade back... With that I'm done with you.
---
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=1725184 Maya 0259 2642 0182 Pokemon SGT:: 47 DWP Helped: 3 White: Kay : 4342 0525 2445 B2: Koihime: Coming Soon
#19omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 11:33:43 AM
songwriter724 posted...
I hope some jerk steals a beloved Pokemon of yours over a trade back... With that I'm done with you.

Well ouch.
---
#20mondrae205Posted 1/9/2013 11:34:43 AM
omniryu posted...
songwriter724 posted...

Well ouch.

yeah, that is meAN.
---
Congratulations, random chance is random and based on chance -Naucitos
Official Arceus of pokemon X board