This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how to prevent hacking (without taking away iv)

#21ryudin89Posted 1/9/2013 11:48:09 AM
I mean no offense TC but I can't stand you right now. What you want to do is basically making Pokemon into Diablo 3.

People hate excessive DRM for a reason. It's nothing but a pain in the ass! I'm sorry that you hate hacking so much but please keep this stupid crap away from my pokemon K thanks.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr
#22joker120Posted 1/9/2013 11:52:31 AM
kabigon20 posted...
omniryu posted...
kabigon20 posted...
No. Those ideas suck. They just nee to make the IV system not stupid so we dont need to hack them anymore.

When you're going to include ranks, global leaderboard, and other rewarding system they're going to cheat anyway.

And your ideas still suck. They just inconvenience everyone and bog the game down. Black and White already have hack detection. They only allow legal pokemon to be used. Even though people hack their pokemon, they still have to be legal before they can be used. So either you man up and hack, or RNG your pokemon or prepare to spend weeks iv breeding a decent team. The only real solution to this is to change the IV system so you dont have to spend so much time breeding anymore.

I agree. I get that the devs created IVs to make the pokemon seem unique but the reality the only people who care about the IVs are competitive battlers who only want perfect IVs. Everyone else(majority of fans) don't even know they exist. The only effect removing them would have is that Gamefreak would have to redo how the type of hidden power is calculated. they can easily create an npc that give any pokemon hidden power with it's type being based on your answers to questions. This will eliminate hacked perfect pokemon as all pokemon have the potential to be perfect. Training pokeon will only be a matter of nurture and no longer nature so to speak.
---
soul silver FC:1505 7978 9391; pearl FC:3911 0786 2278
#23tcsavatoPosted 1/9/2013 11:57:22 AM
Banning clone pokemon is stupid since it is still possible to run into the exact same pokemon. With randomness such as in the pokemon games, if you can run into a specific combo once, you can run into it again. No matter how improobable it is, if the posibility exists for normal players, why run the risk of inconviniencing them?
#24Nacht004Posted 1/9/2013 12:04:40 PM
Maybe I have a very naive point of view regarding this, maybe because Gen 4 was the last time I legitimately bred a team out and Gen 5 I used pokesav, but I honestly don't see what the big deal is about "hacking" my team. They're all legal, technically. They have no moves outside of their moveset that they could learn through breeding, TMs, naturally, or otherwise. They have no abilities other than the ones they could earn. Their stats are perfectly maxxed to within their ability. There is literally nothing technically illegal about them other then the fact that I created them in 10 minutes as opposed to spending another 100+ hours which I no longer have available to me since I entered the real world from college.

If my team had stats all in the 999s and movesets or abilities that they shouldn't be able to, I would definitely agree, but I think there needs to be some sanity and understanding when it comes to this.
---
There's really nothing to say.
GT - Pb Farmer
#25omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 7:10:39 PM
tcsavato posted...
Banning clone pokemon is stupid since it is still possible to run into the exact same pokemon. With randomness such as in the pokemon games, if you can run into a specific combo once, you can run into it again. No matter how improobable it is, if the posibility exists for normal players, why run the risk of inconviniencing them?

Not the same Pokémon with in the game. Banning clone spawn from the gts and trade glitch. People intentionally glitch the game to clone via trade. Which is why I said make the original trainer tied to the friend code. So it can track who is and clone and who has one.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#26helldewPosted 1/9/2013 9:20:44 PM
I agree. I get that the devs created IVs to make the pokemon seem unique but the reality the only people who care about the IVs are competitive battlers who only want perfect IVs. Everyone else(majority of fans) don't even know they exist. The only effect removing them would have is that Gamefreak would have to redo how the type of hidden power is calculated. they can easily create an npc that give any pokemon hidden power with it's type being based on your answers to questions. This will eliminate hacked perfect pokemon as all pokemon have the potential to be perfect. Training pokeon will only be a matter of nurture and no longer nature so to speak.

heres an easy way to do hidden powers. take how many types there are pick a number between however many types there are. problem solved. it would be a lot less information per pokemon and it would be a lot more straightfoward and you wouldnt have to worry about being screwed on your HP.

Not the same Pokémon with in the game. Banning clone spawn from the gts and trade glitch. People intentionally glitch the game to clone via trade. Which is why I said make the original trainer tied to the friend code. So it can track who is and clone and who has one.

again why the hell would nintendo make an entire system to check this. its plain dumb from a money standpoint. pokemon is a isolated experiance more often then a mutiplayer game unlike MMOs.

and DRM sucks why would anyone ever want more of it... whats next your gonna ask for online only to play the single player to "get rid of hackers"?
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#27Alty1Posted 1/9/2013 9:23:50 PM
Somebody get this man a job at Ubisoft!
---
Uwe Boll makes terrible movies. Anyone who tells you otherwise is Uwe Boll - Seanbaby
http://theanteheroes.com/AceAttorneys/DamonGant.png
#28omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 9:34:08 PM
helldew posted...

heres an easy way to do hidden powers. take how many types there are pick a number between however many types there are. problem solved. it would be a lot less information per pokemon and it would be a lot more straightfoward and you wouldnt have to worry about being screwed on your HP.

again why the hell would nintendo make an entire system to check this. its plain dumb from a money standpoint. pokemon is a isolated experiance more often then a mutiplayer game unlike MMOs.

and DRM sucks why would anyone ever want more of it... whats next your gonna ask for online only to play the single player to "get rid of hackers"?

It isn't a form of drm. It keeping cheaters off line. And hello Nintendo spent millions on the dream world. Don't wanna get ban online? Don't clone, cheat, or hack.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#29perfectchaos83Posted 1/9/2013 9:40:40 PM

Yes it is. A Pokemon is just a string of numbers and no matter how improbable it is, the possibility exists that you can run into the same sting of numbers again, within the same game.
---
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb303/metallic_trance/fashionista.png
Bianca and Noel have swapped clothes! By metallic_trance. :3
#30ryudin89Posted 1/9/2013 9:41:07 PM
omniryu posted...
It isn't a form of drm.

What did you just say?

1. Heavily connect the game to the internet.
2. Constant patch and system update. As in you must ALWAYS have the latest update for both the title and the system to play online.
3. Cloud storage, have the game record all of your battle in the game and send it to the server.
4. Tie the Pokémon original trainer with the 3DS friend code
6. Deny access to local trade until a patch or update is installed.

All of this can be considered DRM. This is the same type of crap that PC gamers have to deal with when going through Origin or buying EA/Ubisoft games. And they hate it too. The only thing this will accomplish is pissing people off.

Tl;DR: This is a bad idea. If you want obnoxious crap to deal with just to play single-player then become a PC gamer TC.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr