This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how to prevent hacking (without taking away iv)

#41ryudin89Posted 1/9/2013 10:00:42 PM
wufei8706 posted...
Their IV's, EV's, moves it has, everything.

It prevented illegal pokemon from being used. But it also dissolved trading into a witch hunt since you can't even tell the difference between a legal poke and a hacked poke with legal settings.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr
#42perfectchaos83Posted 1/9/2013 10:02:32 PM
I don't see how it would stop hacking since most people make it look as legal as possible.
---
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb303/metallic_trance/yachirumii.png
Thanks, metallic_trance!
#43Sky_RayquazaPosted 1/9/2013 10:03:31 PM
omniryu posted...
1. Heavily connect the game to the internet.

Stopped reading there.

Not everybody lives in a place where internet is good.
---
Official Lemmy Koopa of this site.
Official Root Beer Float of the IDF.
#44ClassyOldHatPosted 1/9/2013 11:40:43 PM
omniryu posted...
COlimar788 posted...
Not only is this sort of internet-management an inherently terrible idea, Nintendo's online structure is far from being able to reliably handle something like this. Oh, and it's pointless, especially since it would have no way of removing RNGing, the most prominent form of "hacking" anyway.

Which is why you have cloud storage. Which track all the Pokémon you catch and officially level up. So if a Pokémon has inexplicably have high stats and a specific nature. They will be banned from the Nintendo network.

And to whomever say that Nintendo doesn't use cloud storage. Yes, they do. That was the whole point of dream world.

So, punish people who innocently stumble upon good Pokemon without even knowing what IVs are, because it "looks like a legit hack?" Don't see how that could go wrong.
#45SinExDeathPosted 1/10/2013 1:34:11 AM
1. NO!! What if someone was about to beat a gym leader or get to their 200th win in the battle facility then, click! Gotta start over because your signal was interupted. and it's all thanks to having the game heavely connected to the internet in order to please the minority.
2. Might be the best way to stop online cheating but would greatly make trading annoying.
3. No clue, no opinion.
4. Could already be implimented in X/Y.
6. See 2.
7. Only good idea presented imo.
---
Asketh Ky to Sol, "Heaven or Hell?" and Sol, being of Gear did say "Let's Rock."
Roman Cancels 1:14
#46omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 7:00:04 AM
ClassyOldHat posted...
omniryu posted...
COlimar788 posted...
Not only is this sort of internet-management an inherently terrible idea, Nintendo's online structure is far from being able to reliably handle something like this. Oh, and it's pointless, especially since it would have no way of removing RNGing, the most prominent form of "hacking" anyway.

Which is why you have cloud storage. Which track all the Pokémon you catch and officially level up. So if a Pokémon has inexplicably have high stats and a specific nature. They will be banned from the Nintendo network.

And to whomever say that Nintendo doesn't use cloud storage. Yes, they do. That was the whole point of dream world.

So, punish people who innocently stumble upon good Pokemon without even knowing what IVs are, because it "looks like a legit hack?" Don't see how that could go wrong.

No, you misunderstood what I was getting across. If the game and the game itself generate a good iv and favorable nature type Pokémon it will be ok. But if a Pokémon was generated by the game with a unfavorable nature or not so good iv and their iv and nature change without the game documenting the battles you would normally go through and upload to the servers, basically a hack and rng, then you're either ban or that specific Pokémon in question is ban.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#47Scorpion122178Posted 1/11/2013 7:01:59 AM
"prevent hacking"

I laughed out loud.
---
GT: Scorpion0489
Currently playing: Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, Borderlands 2, Halo 4, TESV Skyrim
#48omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 7:05:22 AM
Scorpion122178 posted...
"prevent hacking"

I laughed out loud.

totally possible
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#49ChronoAcePosted 1/11/2013 7:05:25 AM
The only way you will ever see a hack free Pokemon game is if they ever make a Pokemon MMO.

Now of course they can make hacking a whole lot less popular if they get rid of IVs. I wonder what excuse people would use then? "I can't spend 5 minutes EV training my Pokemon I work 5 jobs and have 10 kids!"
#50Nate_DihldorffPosted 1/11/2013 7:06:44 AM
omniryu posted...
Scorpion122178 posted...
"prevent hacking"

I laughed out loud.

totally possible

Actually, no, it's not.
---
Random GameFAQs user in regards to a used game: "No tutorial since its from GameStop."