This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ask a Creative Designer Anything

#1UltimacantiPosted 1/9/2013 11:26:18 AM
Hello. I am part of the creative design team that works on the localization of Pokemon under Nintendo of America in collaboration with Game Freak.

You may not believe me, but I do so much love the rumor mill and enjoy giving people small tidbits just enough not to be breaching my job contract. To solidify my claim I will give you a few facts.

1. We had the 5 new Pokemon designs on paper at the beginning of December and finalized the English names before Christmas break. I can offer proof if needed.

2. We were given small summaries about the design aspects of each of the Pokemon to help us develop the names.

3. We actually have 10 other designs, of which 5 more are planned to be released in March.

I will give you guys some time to guess what the "Z" legendary is since it is one of the 10 others we were given. If someone gets close or I get bored, I will tell you.

Hint: Yveltal is based on Yatagarasu. Xerneas is based on Shishigami. (Japanese mythos)

Feel free to ask me about the other designs, etc etc.
---
"I need a legion of 300 chickens, about yey high, to be lit afire and catapulted at our enemies on the eastern front!!"~Aragorn, Return of the King
#2DemonSlayer92Posted 1/9/2013 11:27:53 AM
Will the new Pokemon be closer to the cool/intimidating or the cute/non-threatening side of the slider?
---
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=6096902
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=6103703
#3imdebomb2Posted 1/9/2013 11:28:19 AM
Can we eat Pokemon in this game?

I hope you can eat Pokemon in this game.

I miss me some delicious Slowpoke Tail.

Flank of Miltank, medium rare.

Ratatouille ala Pichu, which is divine with a splash of lemon and sprinkle of thyme...

Cream of Squirtle Soup. Extra creamy.
---
Not changing my signature until this signature is changed. Started February 17th, 2008.
#4MugilokoPosted 1/9/2013 11:28:21 AM
lol
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/VcOip.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#5mcnichojPosted 1/9/2013 11:29:15 AM
Nice VIP status on your profile mang.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner.
#6arvilinoPosted 1/9/2013 11:29:45 AM
Is it Z for Zoroark?
#7Sid3wind3r12Posted 1/9/2013 11:30:32 AM
I find it tough to believe that if you were who you say you are, you would tell us that there is a Z legendary. I mean, yeah, we are kind of expecting it, but that's still a big thing to give away.
---
I believe in Jesus Christ, and am completely proud of it.
"Imagination is for Turbonerds who can't handle how kickbutt reality is!"
#8Ultimacanti(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 11:30:38 AM
DemonSlayer92 posted...
Will the new Pokemon be closer to the cool/intimidating or the cute/non-threatening side of the slider?

Of the designs I have now, I'd say 7 are cutesy and 3 are intimidating. Actually, one of the cute ones is kind of blurring the edge (think cute but deadly).
---
"I need a legion of 300 chickens, about yey high, to be lit afire and catapulted at our enemies on the eastern front!!"~Aragorn, Return of the King
#9imdebomb2Posted 1/9/2013 11:31:45 AM
You didn't answer my question.
---
Not changing my signature until this signature is changed. Started February 17th, 2008.
#10Ultimacanti(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 11:34:25 AM
Sid3wind3r12 posted...
I find it tough to believe that if you were who you say you are, you would tell us that there is a Z legendary. I mean, yeah, we are kind of expecting it, but that's still a big thing to give away.

To be fair, I myself do not know for sure that this is the "Z" legendary, but based on the obvious trend and the fact that it is a legendary with an obvious Z-like shape, I strongly believe this to be the case.
---