This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gen 5 the worst generation?

#141beebarbPosted 1/9/2013 4:19:23 PM
They are all good to me, so this is just the one I never really got that into (not necessarily the worst).

Generation III.
---
We shall rise again to start anew.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644
#142QuetzalmaPosted 1/9/2013 4:23:01 PM
I'd say its a tie between Gen 2 and Gen 1 (depending if you are into Nostalgia, but Gen 2 is the most forgettable one imo)
Gen 5 has the best battle mechanics(obviously), reusable TMs and pretty cool story
Gen 4 brought the Physical/Special split(best thing ever)
Gen 3 had the best map(imo), fun secret bases, awesome contests and awesome legendaries
Gen 2 brought Held Items, splitted Special into SpA and SpD, Steel/Dark typing and some balancing to the types
Gen 1, what started it all..
#143Pendragon71037Posted 1/9/2013 4:24:43 PM
Oh, ****. It's started already. >_<
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 5. Proud member of the Omastar Club. All hail Omastar! Official Torterra of the White 2 board.
#144NaichingeruPosted 1/9/2013 4:32:01 PM
ecylis posted...
Gen 3 is the worst

---
GT: Sensei Ponzor.
"The greatest part of mankind floats betwixt vice and virtue."
#145Robot_SoopaPosted 1/9/2013 4:46:52 PM(edited)
Gen IV.

Suffered from a lot of the problem people have with Gen II but without many of the redeeming qualities to make up for it.

Also has some of the worst designs and ruined a lot of existing Pokemon with terrible new evolutions and sadly that's what a LOT of the new Pokemon were in Gen IV. Just pre-evos or evos to existing Pokemon. Keep in mind I support the act itself, the designs were just really bad.

Also soooooooooooooo sloooooooooooooow.
#146CM_PonchPosted 1/9/2013 4:47:31 PM
5>4>3>2>1

Gen 1
Pros:
Introduced the series
Cons:
Had multiple glitches
Easily had the worst battle system
Overpowered Psychics
No post game.

Gen 2 -
Pros:
Introduced Day/Night
Hold Items
Breeding
Dark/Steel Types

Cons:
Day/Night restricted Pokemon available
Horrible Pokemon selection, Johto pokemon were often set aside for Kanto Pokemon, some Johto pokemon weren't even in Johto
Horrible level scaling, there is no good reason for the Kanto leaders to be weaker than the E4 you just fought
Barren Kanto
Tiny Johto
Lack of Dark and Steel types

Gen 3
Pros:
New IV/EV system
Expanded Item system
Advanced berry system
Contest
Natures
Abilities
Best battle frontier
Secret bases
Record Mixing
First use of Wifi in the series and the end of Link Cables

Cons:
Not compatible with Gen 1 and 2 due to technology
No Mystery Gift

Gen 4
Pros:
True Wifi
Attack split
Poffins
Pokewalker
IR

Cons:
Slow surf speed
Diamond and Pearl were slow, Platinum and HGSS fixed this
HGSS showing how empty Kanto and Johto were in GSC

Gen 5
Pros:
Constant local wifi with IR
Most streamlined menus
Dream World made more pokemon useful
Seasons
Best story
Most developed characters
PWT
Key system

Cons:
Dream World limited to an hour per day
Season restrict areas
Unable to activate own keys
---
KingRohitVerma has the best wang in the universe
http://i.imgur.com/RIwMn.png
#147TJSpykePosted 1/9/2013 5:11:14 PM
LOL, NO. Generation III (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald) is by far the worse. That is my opinion and the general consensus among gamers. The games were terrible, and the Pokemon were not that good (except for a few exceptions). Generation II was the best (especially the re-makes). Generation IV was awesome too
---
Wii ID code: 4338 5973 3223 4003
AC: CF Tim Spyke 3480-6279-5331
#148TJSpykePosted 1/9/2013 5:21:10 PM
CM_Ponch posted...
5>4>3>2>1

Gen 1
Cons:
Had multiple glitches
Easily had the worst battle system
Overpowered Psychics
No post game.

Gen 2 -
Cons:
Day/Night restricted Pokemon available
Horrible Pokemon selection, Johto pokemon were often set aside for Kanto Pokemon, some Johto pokemon weren't even in Johto
Horrible level scaling, there is no good reason for the Kanto leaders to be weaker than the E4 you just fought
Barren Kanto
Tiny Johto
Lack of Dark and Steel types

Gen 3
Cons:
Not compatible with Gen 1 and 2 due to technology
No Mystery Gift

Gen 4
Cons:
Slow surf speed
Diamond and Pearl were slow, Platinum and HGSS fixed this
HGSS showing how empty Kanto and Johto were in GSC

Gen 5
Cons:
Dream World limited to an hour per day
Season restrict areas
Unable to activate own keys

Gonna refute your comments.

Gen I:
Every gen has some types really powerful, and psychics could be beaten. The Battle system was fine.

Gen II:
Restricted Pokemon on time was realistic, and not that difficult because you had plenty of time. The Kanto trainers are not supposed to be harder, they are supposed to be another regions gym leaders and you are now in that region (imagine how terrible it would be for Kanto trainers to have 8 gym leaders as strong as the Elite 4). Johto was pretty cool, the Pokemon selection was good.

Gen III:
Wow, you lacked so many cons. Like the worst map in the franchise, least interesting story. Terrible Pokemon too.

Gen IV:
Slow? I don't think so. Perfect speed and really good. And HG/SS were not barren, nor were they in G/S/C

Gen V:
Got this around the time I started playing less video games in general. So I have barely play this gen
---
Wii ID code: 4338 5973 3223 4003
AC: CF Tim Spyke 3480-6279-5331
#149slmcknettPosted 1/9/2013 5:23:06 PM
3 > 5 > 2 > 1 > 4
---
Official Luxord of the Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Board
#150CM_PonchPosted 1/9/2013 5:33:10 PM
Gen I:
Every gen has some types really powerful, and psychics could be beaten. The Battle system was fine.

In gen 1, the only pokemon that could stand up to Psychics were Bug and Ghost. The only Bug attack was the pathetically weak Pin Missile, the only two gen 1 pokemon who could learn it were Beedrill and Jolteon. The three ghost types all poison types, which meant the psychics tore them apart. Psychic dominated the gen 1 metagame. And Gen 1 easily had the worst battle system.

Gen II:
Restricted Pokemon on time was realistic, and not that difficult because you had plenty of time. The Kanto trainers are not supposed to be harder, they are supposed to be another regions gym leaders and you are now in that region (imagine how terrible it would be for Kanto trainers to have 8 gym leaders as strong as the Elite 4). Johto was pretty cool, the Pokemon selection was good.

I love being restricted in my pokemon selection because of school.
Then the Kanto leaders should have come before the Elite 4, by the time you reach Kanto you can bulldoze the entire region.
Johto was empty
It's pokemon selection was so good most of its native pokemon weren't even native to it</sarcasm>

Gen III:
Wow, you lacked so many cons. Like the worst map in the franchise, least interesting story. Terrible Pokemon too.

No, Johto and GSC Kanto had worse maps, and GSC Team Rocket literally spent the Johto portion of the game crying for Giovanni.
And you really think these were all horrible?
http://i.imgur.com/k3v08.png
The nostalgia is strong in you, especially if you prefer these
http://i.imgur.com/N3pOS.png

Gen IV:
Slow? I don't think so. Perfect speed and really good. And HG/SS were not barren, nor were they in G/S/C

Gen 4 was slow, this isn't an opinion, if anything gen 3 had perfect speed. Your nostalgia is showing for Johto once again.
---
KingRohitVerma has the best wang in the universe
http://i.imgur.com/RIwMn.png