This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gen 5 the worst generation?

#161tamayamawuvPosted 1/9/2013 6:03:08 PM
cubsnhawksfan77 posted...
cubsnhawksfan77 posted...
LOL @ these KIDS who think the news games can touch gold/silver

I love how you nostalgialosers resort to labeling those who aren't sheep to the old Gens as "kids". Unless you're serious, it's not a very effective insult lol.

FIXED it for you KIDDO

Resorting to correcting grammar is really one of the lowest things you can do. NOT EVERYONE'S FIRST LANGUAGE IS ENGLISH, fyi.

Just because someone's spelling, etc. is bad doesn't mean they're young, either.

I personally think Gen I was the worst (D/P would be second worst for me), because its gameplay and design is inferior to the other games. Red was pretty much my first game ever, and I loved it, but I can't deny that the games have improved a lot over time.
#162AnclationPosted 1/9/2013 6:04:34 PM
gnerdus posted...
Gen 2 is the worst.
#163kakashik99992Posted 1/9/2013 6:05:23 PM
Gen 3
---
My pokemon run http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/150
#164Cages_R_FunPosted 1/9/2013 6:10:19 PM
HelloIamMe posted...
Honestly, I would have to say Generation... Two. I don't know why, but there's just nothing memorable save for the introduction of Eggs, Dark, Steel, and Whitney's Miltank.

That milktank was certainly a pain...To be honest I really cant remember 4 besides bidoof but that's because me and my fiance...really don't like it...At all.
#165AuroraSilverainPosted 1/9/2013 6:14:16 PM
Gen 3 was the worst gen.

Gen 5 is the best gen.

Even though gen 1 is my favorite I can admit it's not the best.
---
UFP- Unidentified Flying Pancake.
The O-Men! Saving the world one cheerio at a time!
#166The_DeskPosted 1/9/2013 6:17:37 PM
no gen 3 was the worst.
#167mjc0961Posted 1/9/2013 6:23:58 PM(edited)
SBNetopir posted...
Gen 5 would be worst, had TMs not been made reusable.

This. That leaves Gen 2 to be the worst.

TehTrumpCard posted...
But worst of all, you need to catch 200 Pokemon for 1 Johto starter.

The only bad thing about that is that they give you a Johto starter. All that work and you get one of those three pieces of s***? They should have given a better reward than that.

Aside from that one small flaw, Gen 3 is easily the best and I laugh at those who say it's the worst. "Oh no I haz to surf. I'm going to ignore that they increased surf speed drastically and whine that surfing is slow."
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#168mjc0961Posted 1/9/2013 6:30:39 PM
Infernus93 posted...
HelloIamMe posted...
Honestly, I would have to say Generation... Two. I don't know why, but there's just nothing memorable save for the introduction of Eggs, Dark, Steel, and Whitney's Miltank.

And the special split. And hold items. And sprites being animated. And time (day/night) passing. And item registry. And etc.

Gen 5 is far from the worst. Both B/W and B2/W2 are very solid additions.

The first two are legit, but that doesn't make the games themselves fun to play. They had useful changes that later games better took advantage of, but Gold and Silver were still completely devoid of fun.

Sprites being animated? That was useless in Gen 2 because it was just a complete waste of time. You have to sit there and watch things awkwardly fidget around before you can actually play and after that they remained static sprites like the older games, it was f***ing horrible. The new games did this properly by having them constantly animated so you aren't forced to sit and watch the animation once before it goes static and you get to play.

Time passing? Huge negative addition to the series, and one I wish they'd retire already. "What's that, you're an adult with a job and a life who can't play during all the different times available in the game? F*** you then, you don't get to experience all the content or catch all the Pokémon!" User unfriendly features like Pokemon's time should be removed from the game, not praised!

Item registry? What? That was a gen 1 feature, and it wasn't expanded on until gen 5. Unless you don't mean mapping an item to the select/Y button, in which case what the f*** are you talking about because there is no other item registering in the games!

etc? In other words, there was no more s*** in your ass for you to pull out and throw into your post.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#169TehTrumpCardPosted 1/9/2013 6:31:42 PM
CM_Ponch posted...

Bland Pokemon outside a select few
Pretty sure you're talking about Gen 2 here
Most of Gen 2 is in UU or higher.

Bad colorings
lol wut...
Everything withing the battle screen is notably pale as in pastel-colored compared to the overworld. Even older Pokes that were much more colorful have a more faded/subdued coloring to them.

Lack of a national Dex for the beginning of the generation.
To put focus on the new pokemon, something GSC should have done
No, the reason why they did that was a lack of backwards compatability. Not becuase they were emphasizing the new Pokemon. The coding for all 386 Pokemon were on this game. How do I know? Action Replay can not create "cheats" it can only givce you things that are actually present within the game as it doesn't have the ability to mod. Now why would they do that knowing they were going to have them all available one way or another? If there was backwards compatability than seeing Charizard, Murkrow, etc. means that at some point, in any way shape or form, you'd be able to attain one.

terribly re-worked Battle Tower
In Crystal the your challenge was done increments of 10 ( Lv.0-9). However in RSE it's either Lv. 50 or OPEN LEVEL In theory Open Level should mean any level is possible, however, you choosing this option usually pits you against Lv.100s, hardly fair in 9 cases out of 10.

The most confusing use of time in all Pokemon games
Only if you didn't know how a clock worked.
You have the time on GSC without having to enter buildings. Yet in RSE you get the PokeNav which doesn't display time even though the time based events are easily missed without a day/night system? Yet they bothered to include Match Call (which is only useful for Gym Leader Rematches).

Braille (no disrespect to the blind), you know it's bad when you need to use an external source to solve a puzzle that is literally impossible (without knowing braille)
Having to think and learn makes a puzzle bad?
Block Puzzles aren't bad. Warping puzzles aren't bad. The bike puzzles are bad but not impossible. Having to figure out how to read braille to do a puzzle they could've just as easily explained in the Unown language or using romanized characters is bad.

The Regis are too important (as they are required in gen 4 for Regigigas and they're puzzles are tedious.
You could get them in HGSS...
Please don't make comments if you don't know what you're talking about. They're not in HGSS. They're in Platinum only as event Pokemon. In every other case you have to import or receive them from a trade.

The only high leveled Pokemon outside of Gym leaders was Smeargle
So it would be just like GSC
Wrong. Red's Pokemon are on higher levels than Steven's. Mt.Silver has higher leveled Pokemon that come at better levels overall than Smeargle.

Cover legendaries are exclusively event Pokes.
Just like Gold and Silver...
Wrong. Mew nor Mewtwo is on the cover of RBY or G. Mewtwo is available via backwards compatability. Mew can be obtain via a glitch so it's possible to have one even now on RBY with that Mew event long since gone.
You can't even get Ho-oh and Lugia onto RS without having a Game Cube or trading from later games.
---
If everyone was right who'd be the gigalomaniac? "Whose eyes are those eyes?"
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN: TehTrumpCard n ReimuHakure-
#170mjc0961Posted 1/9/2013 6:37:00 PM(edited)
imdebomb2 posted...
*snip*

Untouchable. Yeah right. I bet half the things you like about Gen 2 are things that were introduced to fix problems from Gen 1. Like the dark and steel types, do you like those? Do you think gen 2 did good adding those? Here's a hint, those were added because Psychic types were horribly unbalanced in gen 1. Yes, a problem in gen 1 that they did something to fix in gen 2. This means gen 1 is not "UNTOUCHABLE".

Also, did you like Heart Gold and Soul Silver? They implemented changes into those games to fix problems the originals had too. Hey, guess what, if they did things to try and improve the original titles, that means that the original titles had problems! Gen 2 is also not "UNTOUCHABLE".

Also. Writing. Like. This. Does. Not. Magically. Make. Your. Points. VALID
---