This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gen 5 the worst generation?

#171Soanevalcke6Posted 1/9/2013 5:42:17 PM
High Tier:
Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
HeartGold/SoulSilver

Mid Tier:
Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
FireRed/LeafGreen

Mid-Low:
Gold/Silver/Crystal
Black2/White2

Low:
Red/Green/Blue/Yellow
Black/White.

I wouldn't say it's the worst, but I'd say its one of the Worst.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#172CM_PonchPosted 1/9/2013 5:46:18 PM
Most of Gen 2 is in UU or higher.

Tier placement has nothing to do with a pokemon being bland...

Everything withing the battle screen is notably pale as in pastel-colored compared to the overworld. Even older Pokes that were much more colorful have a more faded/subdued coloring to them.

So this is more colorful
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3c/Croconaw_screen.png
Than this
http://img.gawkerassets.com/post/9/2013/01/pokemon-battle-gen3-rubysapphire2.png

No, the reason why they did that was a lack of backwards compatability. Not becuase they were emphasizing the new Pokemon. The coding for all 386 Pokemon were on this game. How do I know? Action Replay can not create "cheats" it can only givce you things that are actually present within the game as it doesn't have the ability to mod. Now why would they do that knowing they were going to have them all available one way or another? If there was backwards compatability than seeing Charizard, Murkrow, etc. means that at some point, in any way shape or form, you'd be able to attain one.

There was no backwards compatibility due to tech limitations, and the data for older pokemon obviously existed in RS.

In Crystal the your challenge was done increments of 10 ( Lv.0-9). However in RSE it's either Lv. 50 or OPEN LEVEL In theory Open Level should mean any level is possible, however, you choosing this option usually pits you against Lv.100s, hardly fair in 9 cases out of 10.

So RS's required skill, got it.

You have the time on GSC without having to enter buildings. Yet in RSE you get the PokeNav which doesn't display time even though the time based events are easily missed without a day/night system? Yet they bothered to include Match Call (which is only useful for Gym Leader Rematches).
Third gen only had the clock for Eevee evolutions and stuff like Shoal Cave. And you would only easily miss Day/Night events if you didn't know how a clock worked or you for some reason couldn't look outside. And at least RSE had a Gym Leader rematch, GSC didn't leaving the E4 as the strongest rematchable trainers in the game.

Block Puzzles aren't bad. Warping puzzles aren't bad. The bike puzzles are bad but not impossible. Having to figure out how to read braille to do a puzzle they could've just as easily explained in the Unown language or using romanized characters is bad.
Or they could try something new, you seem to have had no problem figuring out what letters the unown corresponded to.

Please don't make comments if you don't know what you're talking about. They're not in HGSS. They're in Platinum only as event Pokemon. In every other case you have to import or receive them from a trade.
Oh, I made a mistake, they were available in Platinum. Through an event which gave you Regigigas, the very pokemon you're complaining about being unable to get.

Wrong. Red's Pokemon are on higher levels than Steven's. Mt.Silver has higher leveled Pokemon that come at better levels overall than Smeargle.
So it's better than GSC. Red's pokemon were higher leveled with a larger gap. Steven was lower with a smaller gap.

Wrong. Mew nor Mewtwo is on the cover of RBY or G. Mewtwo is available via backwards compatability. Mew can be obtain via a glitch so it's possible to have one even now on RBY with that Mew event long since gone.
You can't even get Ho-oh and Lugia onto RS without having a Game Cube or trading from later games.

I said nothing about RBY or G. In fact nothing you said addresses here addresses either point.
---
KingRohitVerma has the best wang in the universe
http://i.imgur.com/RIwMn.png
#173l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 1/9/2013 5:50:53 PM
Runeboggle posted...
You cannot hate them. If you do, you were obviously raised on III/IV/V.

I hate Gen II, and my first game was Pokemon Yellow for the GB.
Get over it, nostalgiaboy.

Turn on your sarcasm aid, Grandpa!
---
The key to being a genius, or just a good person in general, is to be stupid in moderation.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#174imdebomb2Posted 1/9/2013 5:51:32 PM
I'm 21, dude.

...though I did **** your grandmother.
---
Not changing my signature until this signature is changed. Started February 17th, 2008.
#175Gamerater66Posted 1/9/2013 5:58:35 PM
I can't tell, really.
#176PsychoWolfXPosted 1/9/2013 6:00:58 PM
I love Snivy
I love how TM's can be reused.
The new flashy graphics were pretty nice.

Everything else about Gen 5 can go straight to hell.
#1773xceptionPosted 1/9/2013 6:06:15 PM
1st is awesome because started with the pokemon series, second it was nice, third is my favorite and fifth it was pretty cool, so worst to me would be...4th gen.
I never really enjoyed Diamond or Platinum, although I really liked the pokemon they introduced.
---
If there is a future, we want it now.
#178ShadowMario3Posted 1/9/2013 6:09:19 PM
1>2>5>4>3.
---
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowMario3
#179imdebomb2Posted 1/9/2013 6:10:26 PM
ShadowMario3 posted...
1>2>5>4>3.

This
---
Not changing my signature until this signature is changed. Started February 17th, 2008.
#180TehTrumpCardPosted 1/9/2013 6:21:57 PM
Most of Gen 2 is in UU or higher.
Tier placement has nothing to do with a pokemon being bland...
I meant bland solely in a competitive/battle perspective.

Everything within the battle screen is notably pale as in pastel-colored compared to the overworld. Even older Pokes that were much more colorful have a more faded/subdued coloring to them.
So this is more colorful
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3c/Croconaw_screen.png
Than this
http://img.gawkerassets.com/post/9/2013/01/pokemon-battle-gen3-rubysapphire2.png

Congrats you picked a few of the Gen 3 Pokemon that didn't have this effect and forgot to mention anything not gen 3 looking pale compared to later installments. Or how most of the Hoenn Pokes still even look more colorful in later gens.

No ...
There was no backwards compatibility due to tech limitations, and the data for older pokemon obviously existed in RS.
They still don't even properly "fix" this problem, as I've already said.

In Crystal...
So RS's required skill, got it.
If you facing Pokemon with 25+ levels over you (without items) in what way, shape, or form is that skill? That's like facing Steven with level 30s and saying it's challenging because there's such a level gap that he OHKOs. Play any other RPG where level isn't a determining factor and you'll understand exactly what I skill means. If you're talking about skill than you should know that most competitive Pokemon battles take place with all Pokemon being on the same level. (the only time they aren't on equal levels is during Random Battles on Showdown and playing against your friends in non-Flat Battle format.

Match Call (which is only useful for Gym Leader Rematches).
GSC Rival Battles are more likely to occur than the Gym Leader Rematches.

Block Puzzles....
Or they could try something new, you seem to have had no problem figuring out what letters the unown corresponded to.

The Unown langauge is based on the Alphabet. There's only a few hard to read letters that don't stop you from understanding the entire message.

Please don't make comments...
Oh, I made a mistake, they were available in Platinum. Through an event which gave you Regigigas, the very pokemon you're complaining about being unable to get.
It was an offline event at Toys R' Us in the USA that, like most offline events, aren't advertised unless you frequent the store. I don't live near Toys R' Us. Had it been an online event via Mystery Gift like the Rotom Keys, I might have been able to get them.

Red's Pokemon are on higher levels than Steven's....
So it's better than GSC. Red's pokemon were higher leveled with a larger gap. Steven was lower with a smaller gap.
You fight Pokemon between 40-53 with only the higher leveled Pokemon as you get closer to Red.

Wrong...
I said nothing about RBY or G. In fact nothing you said addresses here addresses either point.
You said having Cover Legends as Event Pokemon would be exactly like GSC. There isn't a Cover Legend that is also an Event Pokemon in GSC.
---
If everyone was right who'd be the gigalomaniac? "Whose eyes are those eyes?"
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN: TehTrumpCard n ReimuHakure-