This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gen 5 the worst generation?

#181imdebomb2Posted 1/9/2013 7:22:56 PM
TehTrumpCard posted...
Most of Gen 2 is in UU or higher.
Tier placement has nothing to do with a pokemon being bland...
I meant bland solely in a competitive/battle perspective.

Everything within the battle screen is notably pale as in pastel-colored compared to the overworld. Even older Pokes that were much more colorful have a more faded/subdued coloring to them.
So this is more colorful
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3c/Croconaw_screen.png
Than this
http://img.gawkerassets.com/post/9/2013/01/pokemon-battle-gen3-rubysapphire2.png

Congrats you picked a few of the Gen 3 Pokemon that didn't have this effect and forgot to mention anything not gen 3 looking pale compared to later installments. Or how most of the Hoenn Pokes still even look more colorful in later gens.

No ...
There was no backwards compatibility due to tech limitations, and the data for older pokemon obviously existed in RS.
They still don't even properly "fix" this problem, as I've already said.

In Crystal...
So RS's required skill, got it.
If you facing Pokemon with 25+ levels over you (without items) in what way, shape, or form is that skill? That's like facing Steven with level 30s and saying it's challenging because there's such a level gap that he OHKOs. Play any other RPG where level isn't a determining factor and you'll understand exactly what I skill means. If you're talking about skill than you should know that most competitive Pokemon battles take place with all Pokemon being on the same level. (the only time they aren't on equal levels is during Random Battles on Showdown and playing against your friends in non-Flat Battle format.

Match Call (which is only useful for Gym Leader Rematches).
GSC Rival Battles are more likely to occur than the Gym Leader Rematches.

Block Puzzles....
Or they could try something new, you seem to have had no problem figuring out what letters the unown corresponded to.

The Unown langauge is based on the Alphabet. There's only a few hard to read letters that don't stop you from understanding the entire message.

Please don't make comments...
Oh, I made a mistake, they were available in Platinum. Through an event which gave you Regigigas, the very pokemon you're complaining about being unable to get.
It was an offline event at Toys R' Us in the USA that, like most offline events, aren't advertised unless you frequent the store. I don't live near Toys R' Us. Had it been an online event via Mystery Gift like the Rotom Keys, I might have been able to get them.

Red's Pokemon are on higher levels than Steven's....
So it's better than GSC. Red's pokemon were higher leveled with a larger gap. Steven was lower with a smaller gap.
You fight Pokemon between 40-53 with only the higher leveled Pokemon as you get closer to Red.

Wrong...
I said nothing about RBY or G. In fact nothing you said addresses here addresses either point.
You said having Cover Legends as Event Pokemon would be exactly like GSC. There isn't a Cover Legend that is also an Event Pokemon in GSC.

I bet you're dying for a response, eh?
---
Not changing my signature until this signature is changed. Started February 17th, 2008.
#182nblasteroinPosted 1/9/2013 7:23:46 PM
Gen 2 is meh.
---
3DS FC : 1891 - 2262 - 3841
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 4814 - 4828 - 7842
#183TehTrumpCardPosted 1/9/2013 7:28:14 PM(edited)
imdebomb2 posted...
I bet you're dying for a response, eh?

I only responded because I was quoted. Otherwise I wouldn't be debating/arguing.
---
If everyone was right who'd be the gigalomaniac? "Whose eyes are those eyes?"
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN: TehTrumpCard n ReimuHakure-
#184Lord_ProsperPosted 1/9/2013 7:35:33 PM
I really loved that thing Gen III did with making up for the lack of backwards compatibility by making everyone wait 1-2 years to be able to catch all the Pokemon.
#185Carbuncle009Posted 1/9/2013 7:37:30 PM
gnerdus posted...
Gen 2 is the worst.

---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 4 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I'm proud to be a brony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw
#186tigerhart94Posted 1/9/2013 7:40:28 PM
I find the 5th to be the worst. For me, the pokemon were forgettable. For the other gens, I can at least remember a few of the pokemons names. Black was still an okay game, but the others were better in my opinion.
#187Radiant_Sol12Posted 1/9/2013 7:41:57 PM
Gen 1 and Gen 2 are the worst. Every gen after them were steady improvements. So far Gen 5 is the best.

This board really needs to take off its nostalgia goggles.
---
"If the Illusive Man was voice by Charlie instead of Martin he'd be snorting coke off Miranda's ass." -Revan73
GT: Radiant Sol
#188CM_PonchPosted 1/9/2013 7:42:08 PM
I meant bland solely in a competitive/battle perspective.

Then Gen 2 would in fact be blander than three

Congrats you picked a few of the Gen 3 Pokemon that didn't have this effect and forgot to mention anything not gen 3 looking pale compared to later installments. Or how most of the Hoenn Pokes still even look more colorful in later gens.

You claimed the Gen 2 battle screen was more colorful, yet it was just Pokemon vs Pokemon on a white screen compared to Gen 3's Pokemon on a patch of land, a darker background, and more colors on the menu options.
And here's two gen 3 pokemon alongside two gen 2 pokemon
http://people.rit.edu/~rvi9743/imm/project2/media/emerald_double_battle.gif
At this point you're just trying to hate Gen 3

They still don't even properly "fix" this problem, as I've already said.

Because it was impossible, not to mention your 2nd gen pokemon would have to be completely redone due to Gen 3's new IV/EV system

GSC Rival Battles are more likely to occur than the Gym Leader Rematches.

And the GSC trainers were horribly underleveled by the time you needed them

If you facing Pokemon with 25+ levels over you (without items) in what way, shape, or form is that skill? That's like facing Steven with level 30s and saying it's challenging because there's such a level gap that he OHKOs.

It means you actually have to work on your team

That's like facing Steven with level 30s and saying it's challenging because there's such a level gap that he OHKOs. Play any other RPG where level isn't a determining factor and you'll understand exactly what I skill means.
Show me another competitive RPG or another like pokemon which requires you to train multiple members.

If you're talking about skill than you should know that most competitive Pokemon battles take place with all Pokemon being on the same level. (the only time they aren't on equal levels is during Random Battles on Showdown and playing against your friends in non-Flat Battle format.

So then GSC is even worse because you won't be on Red's level unless you grind against trainers you already tower over

The Unown langauge is based on the Alphabet. There's only a few hard to read letters that don't stop you from understanding the entire message.
And the brail used is a real language

It was an offline event at Toys R' Us in the USA that, like most offline events, aren't advertised unless you frequent the store. I don't live near Toys R' Us. Had it been an online event via Mystery Gift like the Rotom Keys, I might have been able to get them.

I learned about the event from Gamefaqs

You fight Pokemon between 40-53 with only the higher leveled Pokemon as you get closer to Red.
Red's strongest is twenty levels above the strongest wild. This is a problem

You said having Cover Legends as Event Pokemon would be exactly like GSC. There isn't a Cover Legend that is also an Event Pokemon in GSC.
Are you claiming Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza are event legendaries?
---
KingRohitVerma has the best wang in the universe
http://i.imgur.com/RIwMn.png
#189dooms14Posted 1/9/2013 7:44:16 PM
Why are people saying 2 is the worst.

Introduced Day Night
Realtime Clock
Breeding Eggs
Day Night Wild Pokemon and Evolutions
Travel back to Kanto
Fight Red and Blue/Green *So called God of Trainers in the pokemon community >.>*

Probably more i forgot to mention
#190TyranidomegaPosted 1/9/2013 7:47:28 PM
*Sigh* why is this topic even here? We should all be anticipating Gen 6 now instead of more ***ty Genwars.
---
Official hot fudge sundae of the IDF
Official Hydreigon of the Pokemon B/W 2 Boards.