This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gen 5 the worst generation?

#191CM_PonchPosted 1/9/2013 7:48:54 PM
Introduced Day Night

Restricted available pokemon

Realtime Clock

See above, fixed in RSE

Breeding Eggs

Expanded in later gens

Day Night Wild Pokemon and Evolutions

Advanced in future games

Travel back to Kanto

Was barren and had no story

Fight Red and Blue/Green *So called God of Trainers in the pokemon community >.>*
They were horribly underleveled by the time you reach them. It'd be great if they were a challenge, but after the E4 they're just filler until you hit Red.
---
KingRohitVerma has the best wang in the universe
http://i.imgur.com/RIwMn.png
#192AugustDreamingPosted 1/9/2013 7:54:13 PM
gnerdus posted...
Gen 2 is the worst.

---
Poke White FC ( June ) - 1507 1398 3559
http://www.youtube.com/user/AugustDreams
#193Ebony_BlackPosted 1/9/2013 8:02:55 PM
Generation 2 is the biggest overrated pile of mediocrity ever. Yes, it gave us a lot of features that are series staples, but Johto was the dinkiest region by far. The region was not only small, but incredibly straight forward. It's literally just point a to point b to point c and so on. Then once you got through the entire Johto region with your Pokemon team barely even at level 40, you got to go to a watered down Kanto with nothing to do but fight, fight, and fight more battles with pitiful actual level increasing. And most of the Johto Pokemon stink, and the ones that are actually good take so much time and effort to get, that it restricts what kind of a unique team you can have during your playthrough.

I think people look at GS with nostalgia goggles and think "Man in that game you could get 16 badges!!!" acting as if that made those games ANY better than the others. 16 badges certainly didn't make the game any longer or more memorable

And no, Generation 5 is far from the worst. I would say it's in the top three best. G2 and G4 were the worst.
#194SegavsCapcomPosted 1/9/2013 8:11:41 PM
No matter how much praise it gets, Gen I is the worst.

It's unbalanced, it's choppy, it's poorly paced, and even for Gameboy standards the Pokemon look awful.

I was born in 1993. Green was my first game. I played it again recently and it's mediocre.

Gen III is the best, but Gen V is a close second.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#195yoshirpgPosted 1/9/2013 8:14:18 PM
HelloIamMe posted...
Honestly, I would have to say Generation... Two. I don't know why, but there's just nothing memorable save for the introduction of Eggs, Dark, Steel, and Whitney's Miltank.

screw whitney's miltank.

I'm tired of how everyone makes a big deal about her miltank. It wasn't hard to beat, at least for me, in japanese silver, english silver and soulsilver
---
Pokemon WHITE 2 FC: 4556-8603-2383 Name: Nate
Youtube website: http://www.youtube.com/user/scigamerfan07
#196DeepsPrawPosted 1/9/2013 8:16:15 PM
gnerdus posted...
Gen 2 is the worst.

---
oh yeah. i am a dog. i smoke cigarettes and vote democratic because i am classy - the dog
http://youtu.be/foC7lLXFiPc
#197mad_hax_manPosted 1/9/2013 8:18:47 PM
I wouldn't say it was the worst, but I did feel that for what was meant to be a new start, it was kind of stale.

Yeah, it kind of played with the plot and formula of Gen III and IV, but it didn't really change it. It got me thinking on whether or not it was time to move away from both the evil organization trying to change the world with a super mega ultra pokemon plot and the eight gym leader-> elite four plot.

And while I think it had some of the best designs, it also has easily the worst, with the Ice Cream pokemon and the Garbage bag pokemon, and a region design that was so llnear.
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
#198NorwegianWood28Posted 1/9/2013 8:30:54 PM
You don't need to learn braille to do the puzzles in RSE. The first tablet lists the whole alphabet. It's a puzzle for the reason.
---
I once had a girl, or should I say, she once had me.
#199RhetoricalDreamPosted 1/9/2013 8:32:43 PM
Ha, what I find amusing about these arguments is that, while there are definitely people who irrationally say Gen I and II are the best simply out of nostalgia, there are also people who irrationally say those gens suck out of some kind of aggressive anti-nostalgia sentiment. The "it was older, and that makes it inherently better" is countered by "it's newer, and that makes it inherently better".

I'm not sure if the Pokemon or Star Wars fanbase is worse when it comes to this "new vs old" infighting.
#200TehTrumpCardPosted 1/9/2013 8:35:34 PM
Then Gen 2 would in fact be blander than three
Most of Gen 2 is in UU or higher.

You claimed the Gen 2 battle screen was more colorful, yet it was just Pokemon vs Pokemon on a white screen compared to Gen 3's Pokemon on a patch of land, a darker background, and more colors on the menu options.
And here's two gen 3 pokemon alongside two gen 2 pokemon
http://people.rit.edu/~rvi9743/imm/project2/media/emerald_double_battle.gif
At this point you're just trying to hate Gen 3

Not really... I don't hate Gen 3 because I think FR/LG are solid games. I just don't like RSE.
The battle screen is just colored. Please don't confuse this with actual "backgrounds" in later generations.

Because it was impossible, not to mention your 2nd gen pokemon would have to be completely redone due to Gen 3's new IV/EV system
CM_Ponch | Posted: 1/9/2013 8:46:18 PM | #172
In fact nothing you said addresses here addresses either point.

And the GSC trainers were horribly underleveled by the time you needed them
Same goes for Match Call battles. And you mean your GSC rival.

Show me another competitive RPG or another like pokemon which requires you to train multiple members.
Pokemon is no different from any other RPG. All of the Pokemon function together. You cannot ever win using a single Pokemon on your team (except in terms of leveling). You're merely using specific part of your team to attack another part and countering and etc. until you defeat the entire team/being. Battle Hall is the only part of later games that is strictly 1v1.

So then GSC is even worse because you won't be on Red's level unless you grind against trainers you already tower over
Pretty sure Red can be taken on in your late 40s, early 50s with no problem since it's all since it
required skill, got it.

And the brail used is a real language.
But only blind people or those who know/work with blind people know Braille. It's not a fair puzzle if you can't possibly solve it on your own. Actual puzzle games can have difficult puzzles but they don't blatantly force the players to seek assistance.

I learned about the event from Gamefaqs.
I don't live near Toys R' Us. Had it been an online event via Mystery Gift like the Rotom Keys, I might have been able to get them.

Someone didn't read...

Red's strongest is twenty levels above the strongest wild. This is a problem
GSC
required skill, got it.

Are you claiming Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza are event legendaries?
No.
If you don't know what an Event Legend is just kindly as anyone on the Pokemon Boards, myself included, and we'll gladly tell you.
---
If everyone was right who'd be the gigalomaniac? "Whose eyes are those eyes?"
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN: TehTrumpCard n ReimuHakure-