This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gen 5 the worst generation?

#21CharizardFirePosted 1/9/2013 12:37:04 PM
Gen 3 is the worst.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#22imdebomb2Posted 1/9/2013 12:37:15 PM
"Pokémon was always better before (insert current generation here)". Usually either centered around complaints that new Pokemon are not as "cool" looking as older ones, or complaints that adding extra evolutions have ruined that Pokemon forever. (Never mind that giving a Pokemon an evolved form makes it stronger and more worthwhile to use.) Diamond/Pearl also had the usual complaints, plus claims that a dramatic re-balancing of all the moves (creating special and physical categories) ruined competitive battling forever.

The main reaction to HeartGold and SoulSilver seem to be "They replaced Kris with Lyra! I hate her!"

the grass looks slightly different! WHAAA!?

The game has more detail?! Ruination!

Whitney's Miltank is one level lower in HG/SS?!?! EPIC FAIL GAMEFREAK!

Perhaps a little conspiracy theory to go with it? "JUNICHI MASUDA IS BLACKMAILING THE TAJIRI-SAN TO TAKE OVER POKEMON!"

Lopunny, Gardevoir, et al led to cries of "FURRYMON" across the Internet. A Japanese video game with Cute Monster Girls? That's just crazy talk.

As soon as its silhouette was revealed, Zoroark was accused of being a Replacement Scrappy of Lucario. Seriously, WHAT?!

When people saw Pokemon from 3rd and 4th Gen: A few Pokemon look like robots instead of animals?! Say WHAT?!

It's even more hilarious when you consider that there were some robotic and unnatural-looking Pokemon in the first two generations too. Just look at Magnemite, Porygon, Voltorb, and Skarmory, among others.

The Tin Tower is now called Bell Tower. They Changed It, Now It Sucks.

The titles of the new games are BLACK and WHITE?! Oh no the, series is now absolutely going emo/racist by the NAME ALONE

Hilariously enough, people said Ruby and Sapphire onward ruined Pokémon FOREVER because their names were gems instead of colors and Game Freak was "running out of ideas." (Nevermind that Gold and Silver are also precious metals and Crystal is... well, a gem). With Black and White, they went back to colors, and people are saying they're ruined FOREVER because they went back to colors, clearly indicating that they ran out of places to look for ideas.

The starters for Black and White have been revealed. People are, you guessed it, screaming 'RUINED FOREVER!'

The in-battle sprites are now animated. But the back-view sprites look low-res and blown-up! Nintendo doesn't care about Pokémon anymore!

The legendaries for Black and White were just revealed. What?! Black on white and white on black?! The black legendary ''slightly resembles Palkia?!! More cries ensued.

The English names are somewhat cornier than the last four gens! NINTENDO IS RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS! (Of course, the Nostalgia Filter prevents anyone from realizing that even Gen 2 had names like Feraligatr...)

Amusingly enough, as you may note from the above screams, most people don't really care that Game Freak is the one that actually makes the games. People just want to blame Nintendo for everything, it seems.

One particular troper got so annoyed with the whining that he wrote this.

The sad part? If one reads through the thread linked to above, some fans either agreed with it being RUINED FOREVER, or pointed out that the fan who ranted was wrong and it was only ruined around one of the more recent generations, both parties missing the blatant sarcasm.
---
Not changing my signature until this signature is changed. Started February 17th, 2008.
#23imdebomb2Posted 1/9/2013 12:37:33 PM
Triple Battles have been confirmed from Black and White on serebii.net. Hilarity is bound to ensue.

The evil team for Pokemon Black and White was revealed on Oha Suta recently. The fan reaction? Cries of "The villains are named Team Plasma!?" or "They dress like KNIGHTS!? They don't look evil!" have rung out across the internet.

The most amusing part of this is that, while people are screaming "RUINED FOREVER!!!" at all moments, the amount of Pokemon fans doesn't lower at all. It seems that many of the people screaming about the Pokemon Apocalypse still play the new games anyway.

Apocalypse? You must mean Apokélypse. A fan made a trailer for a fake film parodying the trend of taking fundamentally silly material and making it Darker and Edgier, a la the recent Mortal Kombat film pitch? Of course, half of the Broken Base protested.

The English names are normally whined about, but Pokemon Black And White has been hit especially hard thanks to a different company handling the translating and getting ripped into for every last name. "They changed Touya to Hilbert?", for example.

And now there are people complaining that Black and White tried too hard with its plot and that the series would be better off going back to a bare bones plot where all you do is collect badges and beat the Pokémon League. Keep in mind, these are the same people who complained that the series was getting stale and that the villain teams should be more fleshed out.

The "third versions" are called Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2? By this time, fans were expecting a "Gray Version" instead, so this was unexpected.

The Black/White 2 legendaries are black and white versions of Kyurem? The region appears to be iced-over? The new main characters? Yep..

There has also been major backlash because of the profanity filter, which stops you from naming your Pokemon anything sexual or rude. This also stopped you from trading certain Pokemon without a nickname because they have a rude word hidden in their name. (for example Probopass and Cofa*rigous).
---
Not changing my signature until this signature is changed. Started February 17th, 2008.
#24pikachupwnagePosted 1/9/2013 12:39:08 PM(edited)
Hell no!

Gen 5 made story a bigger element in pokemon, had fantastic music, made only new pokemon available before post game in black/white(loved that, If I hadn't spoiled everything for myself it would've been so magical <_>) best gym designs, gym leaders are actual characters(actually fight the evil team, have lives outside the gym and even other jobs) a sequel instead of a third version, Reusable TMs etc.
---
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png
#25chaos12391Posted 1/9/2013 12:37:56 PM
Does Gen 2 get hate for the pokemon, or the game itself. Cause honestly I thought gen 2 had the best game though you could easily argue gen 3 had it too. Those were the two I enjoyed the most personally.
---
3DS FC: 1977-0529-1062
#26PolimarioPosted 1/9/2013 12:38:46 PM
imdebomb2 posted...
Gen I and II are UNTOUCHABLE.

You cannot hate them. If you do, you were obviously raised on III/IV/V.

I would rather play any of those six titles than the rest.

They. Are. Undisputed. CLASSICS

It's like saying "Godfather I and II? Phbbbth! III ALL THE WAY

I was born in 1996.

1st games I've played were RBY.

Didn't get a Gen 3 game until Emerald, so was stuck with GS until then.

I still say Gen 2 was the worst.
---
Get on my bad side...and I'll freeze you solid!
Self-Proclaimed Kyurem of all eternity.
#27SpiegaPosted 1/9/2013 12:40:42 PM
Gen 5 was the least memorable. I wasn't a fan of any of the in-game locations. All of the other games have at least one or two locations that I always enjoy doing when I play them, but Gen 5 doesn't.
#28RaidenHeroPosted 1/9/2013 12:40:55 PM
Gen 1 and Gen 2 hasn't agent well..Gen 3 was the best Pokemon Gen Gameplay Wise
#29RaidenHeroPosted 1/9/2013 12:41:17 PM
RaidenHero posted...
Gen 1 and Gen 2 hasn't agent well..Gen 3 was the best Pokemon Gen Gameplay Wise

I mean aged
#30imdebomb2Posted 1/9/2013 12:43:02 PM(edited)
Yeah? I was born in '91 and started with the same games.

What's so bad about Gen II?

Night/Day system, which sadly was never reused properly.

Breeding Pokemon/Poke Eggs.

100 new Pokemon that didn't suck ass.

TWO regions, one game. 16 Gyms

COLOR GRAPHICS

Shiny's.

Slowpoke tails.

Better means of transportation.

Etc etc etc. The games took everything great about the first three and pumped it with steroids.
---