This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gen 5 the worst generation?

#211knuxnole(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 11:06:42 PM
I don't understand the "restricted available pokemon" thing.

For day: There is after school, weekend days, etc.

For night: There is weekends, when you come home from school/work, you can set aside 30-60 mins.

Morning I can understand...IIRC there wasn't one pokemon that was only available to catch in the morning. There might have been some items to catch. Of course, back then, I used to wake up early on Saturdays to watch cartoons, so playing GBC in the morning wasn't a problem. Now...I'd be lucky to wake up at 10am :P
---
3DS FC: 4554-0309-4782
#212CM_PonchPosted 1/9/2013 11:16:04 PM
Which requires you to buy another system or game and trade

Did you never finish a pokedex? Because you would need 2 systems for that.

That's so bad that it's laughable to even call that a fix. That's unacceptable.

Yeah, Pokemon's biggest gimmick is unacceptable

The berries not working is. There's also the fact that MissingNo is avoidable. Most glitches in Gen 1 are avoidable. This glitch from Gen 3 is not. So yes, it's terrible, and far more of a blow to Gen 3 than ANY glitch from Gen 1. Glitch City from Gen 1 can mess you up to extreme links, but again, to get Glitch City you have to do a lot of ****ery with the game. Gen 3, you just play it, and everyone gets a piece of the **** sandwich that is the berry glitch.

And it's fixable.

It means if you miss out on the time, or your Eevee evolves at the wrong minute, you have to wait
---
KingRohitVerma has the best wang in the universe
http://i.imgur.com/RIwMn.png
#213PAHERZPosted 1/9/2013 11:25:50 PM
Why do people complain about generations? i love them all equally because they were all fun. Isn't that what video games are for?
---
If i was a potato, i would be a good potato.
#214hmmmmnamePosted 1/9/2013 11:46:17 PM
To me gen 3 was the one i enjoyed the least followed by 4 (except platinum) then 1, then 2 then 5 was my favorite (probably because of the champions tournament)
---
See you Space Cowboy.
#215knuxnole(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 12:07:28 AM
CM_Ponch posted...
Which requires you to buy another system or game and trade

Did you never finish a pokedex? Because you would need 2 systems for that.

That's so bad that it's laughable to even call that a fix. That's unacceptable.

Yeah, Pokemon's biggest gimmick is unacceptable

The berries not working is. There's also the fact that MissingNo is avoidable. Most glitches in Gen 1 are avoidable. This glitch from Gen 3 is not. So yes, it's terrible, and far more of a blow to Gen 3 than ANY glitch from Gen 1. Glitch City from Gen 1 can mess you up to extreme links, but again, to get Glitch City you have to do a lot of ****ery with the game. Gen 3, you just play it, and everyone gets a piece of the **** sandwich that is the berry glitch.

And it's fixable.

It means if you miss out on the time, or your Eevee evolves at the wrong minute, you have to wait

Oh yeah, that does blow a lot.....
---
3DS FC: 4554-0309-4782
#216chaos12391Posted 1/10/2013 12:44:23 AM
RhetoricalDream posted...
Ha, what I find amusing about these arguments is that, while there are definitely people who irrationally say Gen I and II are the best simply out of nostalgia, there are also people who irrationally say those gens suck out of some kind of aggressive anti-nostalgia sentiment. The "it was older, and that makes it inherently better" is countered by "it's newer, and that makes it inherently better".

I'm not sure if the Pokemon or Star Wars fanbase is worse when it comes to this "new vs old" infighting.

That's pretty much what's going on here. I just sit back with popcorn watching these guys fight over this. It's entertaining to say the least
---
3DS FC: 1977-0529-1062
#217mjalal100Posted 1/10/2013 2:01:06 AM
I prefer Platinum to B/W/B2/W2, which I prefer over HGSS. HGSS was my first introduction to Gen 2 and it's by far my least favorite- not enough variety in Pokemon, not enough charm, worst music, not really memorable imo. The only thing I liked was Route 47 music and the battle frontier, which were really gen 4 additions. Played Diamond and while it is a good game, it's not as polished as the recent games or Emerald.

My first games were RSE. I really love these games and would have to say Emerald is my favorite. Best looking Pokemon and legendaries, music, region, battle frontier, and trainers. I also liked FR/LG a lot but not as much as RSE.

Never played GSC or RBY but would assume the remakes are similar.

I would rate them in order as:
Emerald>Platinum>B2W2>DP>BW>RS>FRLG>HGSS
---
If I had a superpower, it would be the ability to defy logic.
#218LightningAce11Posted 1/10/2013 2:01:37 AM
Inb4 500
---
Official Zapdos of the Pokemon X/Y Message Boards
#219mikel334u2Posted 1/12/2013 6:23:29 PM
imdebomb2 posted...
The legendaries for Black and White were just revealed. What?! Black on white and white on black?! The black legendary ''slightly resembles Palkia?!! More cries ensued.

The English names are somewhat cornier than the last four gens! NINTENDO IS RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS! (Of course, the Nostalgia Filter prevents anyone from realizing that even Gen 2 had names like Feraligatr...)

Also Seel from the 1st generation, an extremely creative name. Also, I don't think people realized that the 5th generation theme was balance (black on white and white on black obviously resembled by yin/yang), or that the "colors" of a game are resembled by its theme now, like how X and Y are part of a DNA/chromosome concept
---
Ignorance is why there are haters.