This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gen 5 the worst generation?

#61OhHeyltsYouPosted 1/9/2013 1:19:10 PM(edited)
Am I seriously the only person that liked them all? I didn't hate any of them. Each one was an improvement of the previous.
---
PSN: NaturaIBorn
#62chaos12391Posted 1/9/2013 1:19:17 PM
Lol this is turning into someone getting technical vs someone who had enjoyment.

The one thing I will add, is the two regions even if stripped down a bit gave me the most enjoyment in a pokemon game. Honestly it didn't feel like the shortest as well but that's just me.
---
3DS FC: 1977-0529-1062
#63knuxnole(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 1:20:13 PM
For school, it's NOT that hard to catch pokemon in the morning/day. You can always wait till the weekend. With school, most people get out at 2/3, so the day portion shouldn't be a problem at all.

Same with jobs.
---
3DS FC: 4554-0309-4782
#64imdebomb2Posted 1/9/2013 1:23:32 PM(edited)
F*** realism in games.
Glad to hear that your Gen II love is just you being blinded by nostalgia, though.

How am I blinded? I named a number of improved features absent from the original titles, so I'm "blinded" because I think the titles were a vast improvement?

Everstone breeding (introduced in Emerald), Power Item breeding (introduced in Platinum, I believe).
The egg hatching abilities introduced in Emerald as well, and the increased chance (100% compared to 50%) of Everstone breeding introduced in BW

No casual gamer or eight year old gives two ***** about that.

You posted your opinion, so I posted mine.
The Litwick line is pretty damn cool. A possessed candle that evolves into a possessed chandelier.

No, it's not.

No, you really didn't.
One great region > two half regions
Gen II had the shortest main game of all of them.

Two playable regions - better than one linear, boring region like Unova. You hate Gen II's Kanto so much? Alright, quit playing after Johto. Then see how short of a game you have. No other title has since added two regions, and hell, many fans are begging for another multi-region title.

Shinies sucked in Gen II, having a set IV spread.
It's expected that the newest game makes use of the newest features on the hardware. Also, Yellow technically introduced your color graphics.

No casual player cares about IV or EV. Shinies were a staple addition to the series. Yellow was yellow, dammit.
---
Not changing my signature until this signature is changed. Started February 17th, 2008.
#65knuxnole(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 1:20:55 PM
OhHeyltsYou posted...
Am I seriously the only person that liked them all? I didn't hate any of them. Each one was an improvement of the previous.

I liked all of them >_<

Even though I said 5 was forgettable, it was fun. I still battle online.
---
3DS FC: 4554-0309-4782
#66Kagayaku08Posted 1/9/2013 1:23:01 PM
imdebomb2 posted...

- Having introduced the egg system is in fact a big deal. How'd the sequels "vastly improve"? As far as I recall, they didn't really screw up the male/female dynamic and most eggs still required 5000+ steps to hatch.

introducing a piece of crap doesnt' stop it from being crap. I"m just saying, just because gen 2 introduced the idea, doesn't mean it was best implemented in gen 2. It improved as time went on.

- "Opinion. I HATE... kinda nullifies your whole section there, buddy. Most everyone loved Gen II's monsters. Who the hell prefers a candle pokemon?

no it doesn't, its an example of why the point is bad. Reaching much?

and who prefers a candle? The same people who prefer letters, a spinning top, a piece of meat, and an egg?

The fact that the two regions existed, period, was a great feature. It was stripped back, so? You still had double the usual experience.

not really. you had a partial experience without real expansion, in other words, a gyp. What you're saying is like saying "there's pokeballs in a pokemon game." Thats totally expected
---
~When everything's made to be broken, i don't give a damn if you know who I am~
#67flamesaber111Posted 1/9/2013 1:23:31 PM
Really, the worst was gen. 4 just simply because of how godawful Diamand/ Pearl were. Platinum fixed all that though.
---
Manga that everyone should read: Fairy Tail
#68HylianCyndaquilPosted 1/9/2013 1:24:03 PM
2=3>1>4... never played 5, skipped over that generation.
---
Not changing until a new Star Fox game is announced. (started 8/03/12)
Official Cyndaquil of the Pokemon X board! Brawl rocks.
#69imdebomb2Posted 1/9/2013 1:24:29 PM
Kagayaku08 posted...
imdebomb2 posted...

- Having introduced the egg system is in fact a big deal. How'd the sequels "vastly improve"? As far as I recall, they didn't really screw up the male/female dynamic and most eggs still required 5000+ steps to hatch.

introducing a piece of crap doesnt' stop it from being crap. I"m just saying, just because gen 2 introduced the idea, doesn't mean it was best implemented in gen 2. It improved as time went on.

- "Opinion. I HATE... kinda nullifies your whole section there, buddy. Most everyone loved Gen II's monsters. Who the hell prefers a candle pokemon?

no it doesn't, its an example of why the point is bad. Reaching much?

and who prefers a candle? The same people who prefer letters, a spinning top, a piece of meat, and an egg?

The fact that the two regions existed, period, was a great feature. It was stripped back, so? You still had double the usual experience.

not really. you had a partial experience without real expansion, in other words, a gyp. What you're saying is like saying "there's pokeballs in a pokemon game." Thats totally expected

I'm ignoring you because your post sucks balls.
---
Not changing my signature until this signature is changed. Started February 17th, 2008.
#70RunebogglePosted 1/9/2013 1:27:53 PM
How am I blinded? I named a number of improved features absent from the original titles, so I'm "blinded"?

Yes.

No casual game gives two ***** about that.

What's your point? You asked how they were vastly improved upon, and I stated how they were.

No, it's not.

Again, opinion. I know that's a hard concept to grasp when I'm arguing objectivity here, but try to keep up when I switch back to subjective things.

Two playable regions - better than one linear, boring region like Unova.

Unova is actually pretty damn diverse: a desert, an underwater tunnel, a dive area, an electric cave, etc.
As I said before, one amazing region > two half-assed ones
GSC would've been great without Kanto dragging the games down. Most of its problems actually stem from Kanto.

No casual player cares about IV or EV. Shinies were a staple addition to the series. Yellow was yellow, dammit.

No, they weren't. They could completely get rid of shinies this generation and it wouldn't take anything from the gameplay.
---
Si || http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAQibNdEPCI