This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

2ch rumors

#1RadioRebelPosted 1/9/2013 12:06:10 PM
It's that time again. Rumors have started circulating on 2ch. Someone on /vp/ translated this, I've rephrased the rumors to make them easier to understand. This is probably BS, but I must say most of these rumors sound more reasonable than the standard 2ch crap, so we'll see.

<u>General Rumors</u>
-Two new types: Sound and Saint (Light?)
-Starters' final evos are Grass/Fighting, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Sound
-Changes to the type chart
-Region is based on Europe
-Villains are Team Sigma, boss is a woman. Wants to manipulate Pokémon by scientific means to take over the world.
-Something about Pokémon with no type? (I'm guessing this is Sigma's doing)
-More Pokémon fusions
-Something about a "case" for fused Pokémon (no idea what that means)
-Starters' final evos are Grass/Fighting, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Sound
-N appears somewhere post-E4. When the player meets him, Officer Jenny(?!) shows up

<u>Legendaries</u>
The games contain nine standard legendaries, as well as three "phantom" legendaries (the Japanese term for event Pokémon like Mew, Celebi, etc.) Interestingly, the rumor only reveals 8 legendaries; accounting for the "phantoms", there's still one non-event legendary missing.

The mascot trio plays off the letters X, Y, and Z, and consists of the Steel/Saint-type Ekushisu and the Fire/Dark-type Waiohn (which we already know are called Xerneas and Yveltal in English), along with the Dark/Saint-type Zeetaharu.

There's also a new Dragon duo that plays off the letters V and W, the Dragon/Dark-type Vaisu and the Dragon/Saint-type Worudo.

The other three legendaries are the Ground/Bug-type Sandora, Poison/Rock-type Poigan, and Fighting/Flying type Eadosu.

So what do you guys think? I'm always hesitant to believe rumors, but... I don't know. For some reason, the more I look over these the more likely they sound. The reference to Officer Jenny jumped out at me initially, but someone on /vp/ pointed out that it could just be the source confusing a generic female officer with the anime character (like how people refer to Red as Ash). I was also initially reluctant to believe the fusions thing, since that was Kyurem's gimmick, but... given the genetics theme with X and Y, could it be possible they'll expand on the DNA Splicers? Maybe the missing legendary is the ORIGINAL DRAGON? The Saint and Sound types seem like blatant pandering to the fanbase... but maybe that's because Game Freak is actually listening to the fans for once?

I don't know guys. I really don't know. At the very least, if Xerneas and Yveltal's Japanese names are confirmed to be anything other than Ekushisu and Waiohn, we'll know right away this is is a hoax. Until then, discuss.
---
Gen Sixers: Uno
Hoennbabbies: STRANDED IN MICHIGAN!
#2SettaWorldTeethPosted 1/9/2013 12:07:21 PM
Team Sigma
Pokemon X

Yeah...
---
PSN:Some_randm_freak
#3Grand_BluePosted 1/9/2013 12:07:52 PM
Sound type would be nice. We already have some abilities that fit it and a lot of moves, and Pokemon also.
#4PurpleMasterPosted 1/9/2013 12:08:25 PM
Hahaha!
Team Sigma!
#5SlimeStackPosted 1/9/2013 12:09:07 PM
We wouldn't get that much info this early. And most of it sounds like BS anyway.
#6Raiden_FanPosted 1/9/2013 12:09:16 PM
As much as I'd like some of these, I can tell you right now that the new type rumor is baloney.
And I heard the games are set in France.
#7CharizardFirePosted 1/9/2013 12:10:00 PM
I find it hard to believe that the Y legendary would be a non-Flying-type.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#8Reborn_SigmaPosted 1/9/2013 12:10:20 PM
Team Sigma?
#9Nacht004Posted 1/9/2013 12:10:30 PM
Interesting and would be really excited with some of this if true. Particularly 2 new elements would be amazingly interesting. It's been a really long time since the inclusion of a new set of elements (gen 2 of course), and I actually wondered if we might get more. Sound and Light definitely make some sense. I take it all with a grain of salt but I look forward to gossip like this.
---
There's really nothing to say.
GT - Pb Farmer
#10MaurithPosted 1/9/2013 12:10:37 PM
I stopped reading at the first rumour.
---
[LoL favourites: Janna, Syndra, Rumble, Fizz, Ezreal, Miss Fortune, Katarina, Volibear, Ahri, Lee Sin, Kog'Maw, Sejuani, Wukong, Nunu, Swain]