This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People in my school want a Light-type.

#111Krio Lv3Posted 1/11/2013 9:38:57 PM
Light could Balance the game more.

SE vs:
Dark (Opposites)
Ghost (Ghosts don't come out in Light)
Dragon (Fairytales)

Resists:
Ghost (Ghosts don't come out in Light)
Light (Itself)
Dragon (Fairytales)

Weak vs:
Dark (Opposites)
Poison (Currently Poison sucks)

What resists it?:
Grass (Helps it grow)
Ice (Reflect)
Steel (Reflect)
Poison (No reason)

This way Grass and Ice become more effective for Defense. Poison becomes more useful as a whole. Dragon gets a slight nerf along with Dark.

Moves that would be changed to Light Type?:
Flash
Sacred Sword
Sunny Day
Morning Sun
Light Screen

Examples of NEW Light moves:

Lightweight - A Physical Light move dealing damage based on how light the user is (weight), this move would be seen on Plusle and Minun among others. It would deal more damage on heavier foes.

Lightspeed - Extremespeed for Light types, Electrode would see this, as well as Rapidash.

Sacred Pulse - Cliché Special Light based move, may lower Defense.

Scared Blast - Cliché Fire Blast esque Light attack, may lower Accuracy.

Healing Light - Healing move that restores the teams Hp.

Cleansing Glow - Healing move that removes status Ailments.

Sacred Blade - Cliché Blade-esque move with high crit ratio, upping the power of Sacred Sword will be necessary.

Sword of Justice - Strongest Physical Light move.

Shining Finger - Light punch move that may cause the opponent to flinch.

Light Type would also serve to buff up previously bad Pokemon that were never good before.
---
Taylor Lautner - Giving me strength since the New Moon
#112Jakistan77Posted 1/11/2013 9:42:03 PM
Scrafty is a pokemon that is fighting and dark type, so to those of you who are saying that fighting type is light/hero type to counteract dark type, you are false. Because then scrafty would be fighting dirty for justice to stop others from doing so.
That being said, I think that adding a new type at this point would be bad. I understand why they did in gen II to work out a few kinks, (and the only one i believe they had to switch over to a new type from gen I was magnemite i believe) but from here on out we should just stick with a system that works.
#113Nidhogg151Posted 1/11/2013 11:59:43 PM
Accrovideogames posted...
Nidhogg151 posted...
Then by that logic my argument about Ghosts still stands, as the reason for ghosts existing is because of unfinished business and/or violent deaths, often causing them to seek vengeance.

True but the similarity between Dark and Ghost is still much bigger than Ice and Water where both are basically the same thing.

Right, but I wasn't saying the similarity between Dark and Ghost was as close as Ice and Water. I was saying that if Ice and Water are so similar yet still exist together, and if Dark and Ghost are similar yet still exist together, why couldn't Fighting and Light be similar and still exist together?

The two typings do have some similarities, I'm not blind to that. Though I think that it stops after honor and morality (and the fact they fight things, but I think that goes for all Pokemon anyway). The fighting styles are vastly different, as well as the aesthetics of both the Pokemon and the moves. Again, this is evident in many other RPGs/JRPGs. It is not uncommon at all to see a paladin and/or priest fighting along side a samurai and/or monk and/or some kind of hand to hand combat brawler type. I mean really, the question shouldn't be if they will add it next, but rather why isn't it already in the game.

Look, I personally doubt they will be adding a new type to the game (though not impossible). I'm just saying that of all the possible types, Light type is the most obvious, likely, and realistic choice. The next most common suggestion for typing I see is Sound type, and people constantly use the fact there are a ton of sound attacks and sound Pokemon in the game. They suggest we take those skills (mostly normal) and then convert them to the new typing that is Sound. Well, couldn't that same thing be done for the handful of Psychic skills that are currently in the game and similar to Light? I mean, it certainly isn't all of them, and significantly less than sound based attacks.
---
You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well armed.
Pokemon White 2: 4986 2948 4576
#114Shadow_StarWolfPosted 1/12/2013 5:56:10 AM(edited)
You do know that a lot of the "demons" you stated aren't the only demons right? Mawile is a demon but it's pure Steel. Exeggutor too. Many of them are demons but aren't because being a "demon" doesn't make them Dark at all. And then some.

For example Houndoom might be based from the hellhound but it doesn't function as one. Same with Mandibuzz. etc.

Stuff like this rustles my jimmies because you pretty much go back to the "dark is evil" except instead of evil you replace it with "demons" and you use "light".
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!
#115AccrovideogamesPosted 1/12/2013 8:59:04 AM
Krio Lv3 posted...
Weak vs: Poison (Currently Poison sucks)
What resists it?: Poison (No reason)

No, you can't just make it like that just because.

Jakistan77 posted...
Scrafty is a pokemon that is fighting and dark type, so to those of you who are saying that fighting type is light/hero type to counteract dark type, you are false. Because then scrafty would be fighting dirty for justice to stop others from doing so.

No, it just means that Scrafty is an evil martial artist, a traitor to its own discipline.
---
I'm French speaking.
Male, 22, Quebec
#116Nidhogg151Posted 1/12/2013 8:59:43 AM
Shadow_StarWolf posted...
You do know that a lot of the "demons" you stated aren't the only demons right? Mawile is a demon but it's pure Steel. Exeggutor too. Many of them are demons but aren't because being a "demon" doesn't make them Dark at all. And then some.

For example Houndoom might be based from the hellhound but it doesn't function as one. Same with Mandibuzz. etc.

Stuff like this rustles my jimmies because you pretty much go back to the "dark is evil" except instead of evil you replace it with "demons" and you use "light".

Nothing on Bulbapedia says anything about the two examples you giving being demons. But for arguments sake, lets say they were. Exeggutor was made before Dark existed, and was already two different types. I think it would have been unlikely for them to change it when it would still fit in all 3 categories. Mawhile is probably the worst example you could have given, cause it actually counters everyone else's argument in this entire thread. It's called the deceiver Pokemon. It does everything everyone in this thread claims a Dark Pokemon is except for criminal activity akin to stealing/being in gangs. Which we KNOW is not a requirement to being dark, since most don't even do that kind of stuff. It's existence is evidence that you guys might not actually know what being Dark requires, and that maybe you're wrong about the ones I listed not being demonic based.

So please, explain to me again what it takes to be a Dark Pokemon. Because you don't seem to be correct currently.
---
#117Nidhogg151Posted 1/12/2013 9:01:33 AM
Krio Lv3 posted...

Jakistan77 posted...

No, it just means that Scrafty is an evil martial artist, a traitor to its own discipline.

Actually, Scrafty is just a gangster (as in modern, not mafia).
---
#118GastroidPosted 1/12/2013 9:04:52 AM
Jakistan77 posted...

Scrafty defends his hood, keeping his mom and pops and livelihood running safe. He's not afraid to cap those from rival gangs who stray on to his turf. Thems the rules in his hood, in every hood. He fights for what's right to him, even if it may not be legal.
---
Judicoid
Judicator-variant Android
#119Rupin_Salesman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 11:51:13 AM
Nidhogg151 posted...
Krio Lv3 posted...

Jakistan77 posted...

Actually, Scrafty is just a gangster (as in modern, not mafia).

I like the arguments you are all putting up. Valid points.
---
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario
#120Krio Lv3Posted 1/12/2013 7:41:40 PM
Actually you can make Light weak to Poison for that reason, logically you could say like Dark, Poison dilutes Light, corrupting it making it impure, Poisoning it. Poison resists Light because of the same reason, Light can't snuff Poison, but Poison can snuff Light. You can add in a Type to create Balance and nothing else, not everything needs logic, if it did, Psychic would be invincible because it can see everything coming. Flying and Fire would have an exchange be it the Wind Spreading Fire or snuffing Fire. Dragon wouldn't be weak to itself and every Type would resist itself.
---
Taylor Lautner - Giving me strength since the New Moon