This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When was the last time you were surprised by something in Pokemon?

#1KroganBallEaterPosted 1/9/2013 12:51:49 PM
When I was in fourth grade and Pokemon DP came out, I had only seen things from the first couple of corocoro scans and I didn't know much about it.

One of the first Pokemon I caught was a Budew and I was really surprised to see it evolve into a Roselia. But I was even more surprised when I went to see what a Shiny Stone was and saw that I could evolve it into a Roserade.

Felt good man.
#2TheSimplePariahPosted 1/9/2013 12:53:31 PM
Probably when Heart Gold and Soul Silver were announced. I was more excited than surprised though.
#3deathbycookiesPosted 1/9/2013 12:54:52 PM
SPOILERS (forgot how to spoiler tag)

!!Gehtsis trys to kill you!!
#4MugilokoPosted 1/9/2013 12:55:26 PM
< spoiler> </ spoiler>
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/VcOip.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#5Fz_EchoPosted 1/9/2013 12:58:51 PM
A couple weeks before purchasing pokemon pearl I knew nothing about the game other than the starter pokemon and cover legendaries. I went on serebii and took a look at the whole pokedex. I couldn't have been more hyped.
---
The official Latios of the B/W 2 boards.
#6KroganBallEater(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 1:06:32 PM
Another story is when I was fighting the battling gym leader (I think) and he threw out the Lucario I started to freak the **** out, Keep in mind that I was a fourth grader and the only time I had ever seen Lucario was in the movie what made me assume that he was a legendary.
I ran up stairs to my brother and yelled "THE GYM LEADER HAS A LEGENDARY THE GYM LEADER HAS A LEGENDARY" and he was like "omgomgomg" and I was like "its gonna own me Dx" so we watched me press "close combat" and I KO'd it in one hit.

I was so amazed.
#7KroganBallEater(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 12:47:43 AM
bump
#8tilaroxsPosted 1/10/2013 12:52:46 AM
KroganBallEater posted...
When I was in fourth grade and Pokemon DP came out, I had only seen things from the first couple of corocoro scans and I didn't know much about it.

One of the first Pokemon I caught was a Budew and I was really surprised to see it evolve into a Roselia. But I was even more surprised when I went to see what a Shiny Stone was and saw that I could evolve it into a Roserade.

Felt good man.

I think that's the last time I was surprised too. Budew was the favorite of my current team at the time so when it was evolving I was so excited to see what new pokemon it was. Then Roselia appeared. I actually liked it. Never left my team the entire game. I think my D/P team is prkbably my favorite. Now I'm getting excited as to what my team will be this gen. There always ends up being that surprise pokemon that i don't expect to take to the Elite Four
---
Official Buneary of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
Currently Playing: Tales of Graces f(PS3), Tales of the Abyss(3DS)
#9slmcknettPosted 1/10/2013 12:54:39 AM
When I saw that all the Gym Leaders would be in the World Tournament.

That scan with Cynthia, Blue, Brock, Misty, and all the other Leaders was badass as hell.
---
Official Luxord of the Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Board
#10TalentedMPosted 1/10/2013 12:56:47 AM
Time traveling pokemon, that was the last time I was surprised by Pokemon.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity