This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Chespin appreciation topic

#1xxxxxnPosted 1/9/2013 2:21:56 PM
I feel like chespin isn't getting enough love so I made this topic. If you love chespin and want to use it as your starter post here.

To be fair fennekin also looks beautiful and froakie looks cool. I can't imagine what froakies evolutions would look like though. Can't wait to see what the evolved forms of all 3 Pokemon look like.

That y bird looks awesome. I want to capture it. Then again I like all bird pokemon
#2SBNetopirPosted 1/9/2013 2:22:48 PM
Chespin doesn't deserve love.
#3SpeedDaemonPosted 1/9/2013 2:25:58 PM
if it helps you feel better, Chespin leads Froakie in most "who you going to pick" polls by a percentage point or so. Both are getting blown out by Fennekin though by about double the votes. I'm picking Chespin because I have a family tradition amongst my brothers that I always start with the grass one, my older brother always picks fire, and my younger brother always picks water for our first files dating all the way back to Red and Blue. I lucked out this generation though because Chespin turned out to be my favorite anyway :)
---
Terry McAuliffe for Governor '14
#4SSBbrawler11Posted 1/9/2013 2:27:14 PM
I think I'm gonna pick Chespin. I've only chosen a grass starter once and that was wayyyy back in generation II with Chikorita. Plut it looks pretty cool!
---
"I am SO gonna kick your ass.... " Nonononono.... IM going to kick YOUR ass"-Yuri Lowell and Flynn Sciffo, Tales of Vesperia
#5SpeedDaemonPosted 1/9/2013 2:29:12 PM
SSBbrawler11 posted...
I think I'm gonna pick Chespin. I've only chosen a grass starter once and that was wayyyy back in generation II with Chikorita. Plut it looks pretty cool!

I'm sorry Chikorita was your only exposure to grass starters... They're really good in most cases, except for one. Meganium was that one case...
---
Terry McAuliffe for Governor '14
#6Soccer_is_BestPosted 1/9/2013 2:34:04 PM
As soon as I saw Chespin, I knew he looked like he had good starter potential. He looks cute, but I think he could work as a badass fighter in his final form. Grass never really appeals to me, but Chespin might change that.
---
Nintendo's E3 2012 presentation was just weird and awkward. 95% of the games at launch look promising though.
#7KirazykidPosted 1/9/2013 2:36:01 PM
Chespin is amazing. My little hoodie hedgehog.
---
http://i.imgur.com/IeM8k.gif
White 2 Friend Code: 4342 1476 5894
#8pikachuboy7Posted 1/9/2013 3:29:37 PM
Based on the fact that my usual problem of my brother getting the other game being gone now (he doesn't have a 3Ds) I have the ability to buy both X and Y so I plan on starting with X and trading over the extra 2 starters because honestly, all 3 look great this gen and I have to give major props to Chespin because honestly a fire type fox and water type frog have been done before and Chespin seems more original (although i can't figure out what he is... I'm thinking some sort of Mole-rat) So I'll most likely use Chespin more than the other 2 starters just because of his adorable spikey grass type self, also ever since Gen 3 I have favored the grass type starters with the exception of Turtwig.

So although I really like Fennikin and Froakie I like Chespin the best
---
Platypi will rule the world
#9KirazykidPosted 1/9/2013 3:33:27 PM
pikachuboy7 posted...
Based on the fact that my usual problem of my brother getting the other game being gone now (he doesn't have a 3Ds) I have the ability to buy both X and Y so I plan on starting with X and trading over the extra 2 starters because honestly, all 3 look great this gen and I have to give major props to Chespin because honestly a fire type fox and water type frog have been done before and Chespin seems more original (although i can't figure out what he is... I'm thinking some sort of Mole-rat) So I'll most likely use Chespin more than the other 2 starters just because of his adorable spikey grass type self, also ever since Gen 3 I have favored the grass type starters with the exception of Turtwig.

So although I really like Fennikin and Froakie I like Chespin the best

He's a hedgehog!
An awesome hoodie hedgehog that I shall nickname Hoodhog.
---
http://i.imgur.com/IeM8k.gif
White 2 Friend Code: 4342 1476 5894
#10sonictrainerPosted 1/9/2013 3:47:25 PM
Hedgehogs for the WIN
---
Sonictrainer's Pokemon Shop
Reopening Soon