This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are Gen 1 & 2 beloved?

#171TehTrumpCardPosted 1/9/2013 10:56:15 PM
CM_Ponch posted...
how is it more useful than telling the time so you can evolve Pokemon

Do you not own a clock? Does the sun not rise?

Daylight Savings is extremely deceptive when you aren't right next to a clock.
---
If everyone was right who'd be the gigalomaniac? "Whose eyes are those eyes?"
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN: TehTrumpCard n ReimuHakure-
#172CM_PonchPosted 1/9/2013 10:57:57 PM
CM_Ponch posted...

8 A.M. sure does feel like 5 P.M.
---
KingRohitVerma has the best wang in the universe
http://i.imgur.com/RIwMn.png
#173TehTrumpCardPosted 1/9/2013 11:04:39 PM
CM_Ponch posted...
CM_Ponch posted...

8 A.M. sure does feel like 5 P.M.

Okay, so you can play Pokemon during daytime hours. What does that mean?

I can't play in the morning because of college. I couldn't play back then in the morning because of school.
---
#174bd43Posted 1/9/2013 11:05:54 PM
1 has a nice set of pokes and was just there. Looking back, designs were a bit over simple and cartoony, but there you go.

2 had a nice formula change up in gameplay that has yet to be but really ought to be repeated.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#175RhetoricalDreamPosted 1/9/2013 11:08:22 PM
I wouldn't say they're all that beloved within the fanbase anymore. There was a time when they were, but I think most of the people who viewed them in that way have moved on from Pokemon or just don't voice their opinions on it anymore, possibly due to fear of being shouted down by "NOSTALGIA GOGGLES!!" accusations.
#176DarkDragon386Posted 1/9/2013 11:08:59 PM
I can still enjoy the games, even with their flaws. But damn... Some people act like if you dislike the newer ones in any form or fashion that you're crazy or something. It's like how the Final Fantasy fanbase kept screaming stuff like this, and then I realized... I dislike most of the Final Fantasy series.

To be fair, it goes the other way too. There are people that think Gen 1 is the perfection of Pokemon games and even talking about one of its many flaws is a crime.

Additionally, there are those out there that look at Trubbish and say "Pffft. Back in my day we had a fire breathing dragon as a Pokemon. Now, the series has devolved into featuring trash as Pokemon" and "Nothing past the original 150 deserves to be acknowledged as a Pokemon." They judge a great series of games before they even know it all because they don't like poor little Trubbish
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#177CM_PonchPosted 1/9/2013 11:13:05 PM

I can't play in the morning because of college. I couldn't play back then in the morning because of school.

So that would make GSC's clock worthless to you as well
---
#178TehTrumpCardPosted 1/9/2013 11:17:52 PM(edited)
CM_Ponch posted...

So that would make GSC's clock worthless to you as well

No, the Pokegear tells me the time, so even if I make the time whatever I want it to be, like I did in RSE, I will always know what time it is and it will never be a guessing game because I don't have the ability to use Fly yet to get back to Littleroot Town with relative ease.
---
#179CM_PonchPosted 1/9/2013 11:19:03 PM
No, the Pokegear tells me the time, so even if I make the time whatever I want it to be, like I did in RSE, I will always know what time it is and it will never be a guessing game because I don't have the ability to use Fly yet to get back to Littleroot Town with relative ease.

So you problem with Gen 3's clock is that you messed around with it...
---
#180Bronze_StuffPosted 1/9/2013 11:20:28 PM
DarkDragon386 posted...
I can still enjoy the games, even with their flaws. But damn... Some people act like if you dislike the newer ones in any form or fashion that you're crazy or something. It's like how the Final Fantasy fanbase kept screaming stuff like this, and then I realized... I dislike most of the Final Fantasy series.

To be fair, it goes the other way too. There are people that think Gen 1 is the perfection of Pokemon games and even talking about one of its many flaws is a crime.

Additionally, there are those out there that look at Trubbish and say "Pffft. Back in my day we had a fire breathing dragon as a Pokemon. Now, the series has devolved into featuring trash as Pokemon" and "Nothing past the original 150 deserves to be acknowledged as a Pokemon." They judge a great series of games before they even know it all because they don't like poor little Trubbish

Yeah, and it's plain idiotic. It makes it really hard to keep discussing a game and liking it when the community is so... Awful.
---
Jimbo.