This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are Gen 1 & 2 beloved?

#181TehTrumpCardPosted 1/9/2013 10:25:35 PM
CM_Ponch posted...
No, the Pokegear tells me the time, so even if I make the time whatever I want it to be, like I did in RSE, I will always know what time it is and it will never be a guessing game because I don't have the ability to use Fly yet to get back to Littleroot Town with relative ease.

So you problem with Gen 3's clock is that you messed around with it...

That doesn't mean that I didn't fix it in another game once I understood the clock was real. My point still stands that during Daylight savings when you have obligations that prevent you from playing in the day time if you aren't next to a clock at "night" you have no idea what time it is because it never gets dark in-game.
---
If everyone was right who'd be the gigalomaniac? "Whose eyes are those eyes?"
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN: TehTrumpCard n ReimuHakure-
#182CM_PonchPosted 1/9/2013 10:28:17 PM
That doesn't mean that I didn't fix it in another game once I understood the clock was real.

This isn't the games fault

My point still stands that during Daylight savings when you have obligations that prevent you from playing in the day time if you aren't next to a clock at "night" you have no idea what time it is because it never gets dark in-game.

Or you could not mess around with your clock unless it's actually daylight savings
---
KingRohitVerma has the best wang in the universe
http://i.imgur.com/RIwMn.png
#183SMASHKING84Posted 1/9/2013 10:35:17 PM
lol trump card it's not hard to buy a digital wrist watch.
seriously i got one for 19 bucks and it has lasted me 10 years...
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
#184TehTrumpCardPosted 1/9/2013 10:35:31 PM
CM_Ponch posted...
That doesn't mean that I didn't fix it in another game once I understood the clock was real.

This isn't the games fault

My point still stands that during Daylight savings when you have obligations that prevent you from playing in the day time if you aren't next to a clock at "night" you have no idea what time it is because it never gets dark in-game.

Or you could not mess around with your clock unless it's actually daylight savings

Did you even bother reading my response before you quoted me?

The clock is bad because even when you do it right it doesn't take into consideration that

1. There is a thing called Daylights Savings
2. You only have 1 clock in the entire game
---
#185LexifoxPosted 1/9/2013 10:35:48 PM
Awful distribution of the newer Pokemon, with the early routes being full of Pidgey, Rattata, Caterpie, Weedle, Zubat, Geodude, etc.

The gym leaders had no interest in using the newer Pokemon, with Falkner ignoring the new Hoothoot, Bugsy not using Spinarak and Ledyba over Metapod and Kakuna, Morty having four Ghost Pokemon... but having a second Haunter instead of the new Ghost-type, and Chuck not having any of the new Fighting Pokemon. Whitney, Jasmine, Clair, and Pryce use one new Pokemon each, with the bulk of their teams being older Pokemon, though Clair gets a pass due to Dragons being rare and her using the only new Dragon.

The game advertises two new types as a selling feature... and one is fairly rare, while the other is all but entirely post-game.

The level scaling is awful, with wild Pokemon at terrible levels for training, which is very punishing for someone who wants to change their team because they finally found a new Pokemon. You also had stuff like the dreaded Elite Four, the powerful trainers everyone will aspire to defeat.. and the Kanto gym leaders are on par with them, with Blue actually being stronger than Lance.

They basically gutted Kanto so that everything was gone and it was reduced to gym battles with a screen of route between them.

The new Pokemon, when you found them, were generally underwhelming. They weren't quite as good or usable as many of their Gen 1 counterparts, and there was a wealth of Pokemon that didn't evolve, one of the simple joys of the games: catching a Pokemon and seeing it evolve into something stronger. Unless you spoiled yourself, you'd catch that weird-looking deer... and no evolution.

A lot of the ease of things like evolution stones were gone. You had to rely on RNG and an annoying phone call system to get them instead of a store.

The PokePhone thing was annoying.

Just off the top of my head.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#186TehTrumpCardPosted 1/9/2013 10:37:43 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
lol trump card it's not hard to buy a digital wrist watch.
seriously i got one for 19 bucks and it has lasted me 10 years...

lulz, talking about the past when I was still in grade school.

lulz, talking about it as if I still play RSE. I only revisit Gen 3 for FR/LG, which doesn't have a clock.
---
#187CM_PonchPosted 1/9/2013 10:41:00 PM
Did you even bother reading my response before you quoted me?

The clock is bad because even when you do it right it doesn't take into consideration that

1. There is a thing called Daylights Savings

Then you wait an hour, or you set it to a time that will always work for you, or you remember when you set it
---
#188TehTrumpCardPosted 1/9/2013 10:44:10 PM
CM_Ponch posted...
Then you wait an hour, or you set it to a time that will always work for you, or you remember when you set it

As I've already said no watch since I was in school.
You try remembering when you set your clock without having it constantly in your face for you to see.

---
#189CM_PonchPosted 1/9/2013 10:46:43 PM
As I've already said no watch since I was in school.
You try remembering when you set your clock without having it constantly in your face for you to see.

I didn't have to, I knew when i set the clock and just rolled with it
---
#190LakersaregreatPosted 1/9/2013 11:10:29 PM
I wanna see anybody now try to get through Rock Tunnel without Flash in Gen 1... That was easily one of the fondest memories of playing that game when I was younger
---
keep hating me all of u i don't care ur so racist and and badly raised-taki"How man sd's does Scizor need to ohko a Tran with vacume wave?"~Hastesin