This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D: Designs were at their worst with Gen 4, and have been getting better since.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. C/D: Designs were at their worst with Gen 4, and have been getting better since.

User Info: Thunder_Armor

Thunder_Armor
4 years ago#1
80/80

My opinion. There are a few Pokemon from Gen 4 I like, but they are outweighed by what is, in my opinion, a very unimpressive selection.

Now this is just about Pokemon designs, not the games themselves. Platinum is still one of my favorite games in the series. I expect a lot of people to disagree with me, but I'm curious what you think.
http://i.imgur.com/tT1Al.png

User Info: kabigon20

kabigon20
4 years ago#2
It's all opinions.
Brawl fc: 0946-1910-2716 Pokemon Black 2 fc: 5372-8298-8628
Ruby/Sapphire remakes will be part of 6th gen on 3DS. If not, I'll close my account.

User Info: _Mdawg_

_Mdawg_
4 years ago#3
Agreed. Gen 4 had the best starters imo, but most of the other Pokemon sucked.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m61sbxFWQg1qk1qbao1_500.png

User Info: Enferolunos

Enferolunos
4 years ago#4
C
I was really not impressed with gen 4. There were plenty in gen 5 I didn't like, but there were plenty that knocked my socks off
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, Luigi's Mansion: DM, Animal Crossing 3D, Pokemon XY
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you

User Info: ThatKipp

ThatKipp
4 years ago#5
D. For the most part, there's an equal amount of 'mons that I like and dislike each gen. Except maybe 1, since that gen are a lot of designs that I find boring, moreso than other gens, like Sandshrew, Pidgey, Ditto, or Exeggcute.
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725

User Info: TriforceKeyblad

TriforceKeyblad
4 years ago#6
I agree. I hated many of the Gen IV designs. Some were good, but a lot were really bad. I actually really like all of the pokemon so far revealed for this Gen, and Gen V had some pretty cool pokemon.
I am me. Nobody else. Got it memorized?
The world's made up of numbers. Do the math and you'll find your desired solution.

User Info: Maurith

Maurith
4 years ago#7
Gen 4 was kind of hit and miss; there are some fantastic ones, and a lot of unremarkable ones too. I personally like Gen 3 the least, but that's more because they have a distinctively different style to everything previous that mostly just wasn't to my taste.

C I guess. Gen 4 was definitely the most under-whelming, even if it did spawn a handful of my favourites.
[LoL favourites: Janna, Syndra, Rumble, Fizz, Ezreal, Miss Fortune, Katarina, Volibear, Ahri, Lee Sin, Kog'Maw, Sejuani, Wukong, Nunu, Swain]

User Info: Fardrassil

Fardrassil
4 years ago#8
I really didn't like the vast majority of designs in Gen 5, although I admit Gen 4 had some weak ones too.

User Info: TruePowerSeeker

TruePowerSeeker
4 years ago#9
I actually did not like Gen 4 for some reason. The pokemon weren't bad. They just never really grabbed me personally. I did like Giratina, Darkrai, Luxray line, fossils, starters, and the new evolutions.

Actually I liked a lot of the pokemon form Gen4 the game just didn't grab me for some reason I guess.
http://tinyurl.com/abm7qr6

User Info: rapscallion733

rapscallion733
4 years ago#10
C. Though entirely my opinion, not a single pokemon stood out, aside from legendaries and starters. Well actually, buizel was ok but Floatzel just ruined it for me
Xbox gamertag: lactatingRHINO7
Pokemon White 2 FC: 5158-0831-8084
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. C/D: Designs were at their worst with Gen 4, and have been getting better since.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived