This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So is X for girls and Y for boys? o.o

#51MovesLikeJabbaPosted 1/9/2013 5:37:13 PM
TherianReturns posted...
MovesLikeJabba posted...
TherianReturns posted...
Twilight_Sonata posted...
TherianReturns posted...
You're the one spewing false facts about gender ratios of gamers...

Like what? Are you misunderstanding what I'm saying and thinking that I'm saying that more women play Pokemon than men? Because that's not what I'm saying at all. The unfortunate reality is that gaming is still considered a masculine hobby, which causes men to dominate and pushes women to the fringes. There are more male gamers than female gamers, and there are more male gamers who play Pokemon than there are female gamers who play Pokemon. What I was actually saying, though, was that if you look at percentage of female gamers that play Pokemon and compare to percentage of male gamers that play Pokemon, you will find the former percentage to be higher. Pokemon is relatively more popular with female gamers than with male gamers. That making better sense now?

You still can't prove that there are more girls that play Pokemon, because there isn't. Now, we're back to start, where I was right all along. And you wasted your time. Gratz

Are you dumb?
Twilight_Sonata said that lore guys play Pokemon.
But he/she also said this (EXAMPLE) let's say you have 20 guy gamers, and 10 girl gamers. 10 of the guy gamers play Pokemon, but 7 of the girl gamers play Pokemon too.
That means that %70 of the girl gamers play Pokemon, and 50 percent of the guy gamers play Pokemon.
More guys play Pokemon, but in percentages more girls play.

Are you dumb?
Coming up with random statistics, that have no source, are clearly accurate, amirite?

I was giving an example for what Twilight meant -_-

dude, go wash your brain please.
---
in the name of MAD, you gots to move like Jabba!
Official Flareon of the Eevee corps *wags tail* Official Shiny Fennekin of the Pokemon X & Y boards.
#52Twilight_SonataPosted 1/9/2013 5:38:19 PM
TherianReturns posted...
Are you dumb?
Coming up with random statistics, that have no source, are clearly accurate, amirite?

Honey, I'm sorry, but this is a gaming forum on the internet. I am not going to put the time and effort into giving you a full literature review, at least certainly if you've not shown any indication that you would. Right now, the two of us have shown the exact same amount of sources, only I've at least said that I have them, in addition to saying I've even studied it myself, rather than just going with what's basically "lol, no" based on outdated ideas of what the gaming community looks like.
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#53KillerMechanoidPosted 1/9/2013 6:00:46 PM(edited)
I knew that the inevitable "X for girls, Y for boys" topic would come up...

Then again, boys have one X chromosome too.

donkeycoot233 posted...
LOL X Y Chromosomes.......
I think its the other way around X guys Y girls
...nope.
#54slmcknettPosted 1/9/2013 5:44:59 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
slmcknett posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
So is X for girls and Y for boys? o.o

I hope not. I really want that moose...

OMG, slm, I HAVE MISSED YOU SO MUCH! :O

You too, Mythy.
---
Official Luxord of the Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Board
#55MM125Posted 1/9/2013 5:48:03 PM
What is this, I don't even.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#56HalecticPosted 1/9/2013 8:43:27 PM
Technically males develop as female for the first 3 weeks before the Y chromosome kicks in and changes it, its why men have breasts (nipples)
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#57Firemaster5Posted 1/9/2013 9:04:42 PM(edited)
LOL X Y Chromosomes.......
I think its the other way around X guys Y girls

Nope. Girls have 2 X Chromosomes and guys have one X and one Y Chromosomes.

This but the X is blue (like Megaman) and the Y is red.
Funny how connections can be drawn.

Not everyone; especially kids in grade schools, admits that they still play Pokémon b/c other see it as childish. You get a poll for one place and don't expand the range of demographics leading to inaccurate results.
---
"If only you were the Mysterious Figure, so you could time-travel back to when this joke was still relevant."~KMAnsem
#58Twilight_SonataPosted 1/9/2013 11:20:06 PM(edited)
Halectic posted...
Technically males develop as female for the first 3 weeks before the Y chromosome kicks in and changes it, its why men have breasts (nipples)

That is actually not true. It's one of those misunderstandings that a lot of people, even some biologists and doctors, have about how humans develops, thinking that there's a "default" sex that a person must develop as to begin with. The truth is that humans go a surprisingly long way before anything sex-determining kicks in. Before that, a human is simply yet neither male nor female, or it least it cannot possible be determined without looking at the chromosomes themselves. A human begins development as neither and then other factors kick in to cause them to develop in one way or the other.

The "female as default" perception is actually just a flaw of sex-biased research. The question that was originally asked was "What makes a human develop as male?" and then, when they found the chemicals that triggered the changes they were looking for they stopped, assuming the human would simply develop as female had those chemicals not been present. That's not true, though. Instead, there are also specific chemical that trigger the alternative. Without either trigger, a human is left without either sex.

I guess, if you wanted to play with the definition of "as", you could say that "males develop as female..." is correct in the same way that "females develop as males" would be correct, as they do develop the same way as one another.

---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe