This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poll: Do you want IV (Individual Values) to stay, go, or be changed?

#1OldDirtyCRPosted 1/9/2013 4:54:25 PM
What do you want to happen to IV's in Pokemon X/Y? - Results (430 votes)
Keep them exactly the same
17.91% (77 votes)
Keep them, but make it easier to get max IVs
30.7% (132 votes)
Keep them, but make the max IV # less (Ex. 1-15)
6.28% (27 votes)
Keep them, but make the max IV # more (Ex. 1-41)
2.79% (12 votes)
Get rid of them completely
29.77% (128 votes)
Get rid of IV's and EV's, keep only nature.
8.6% (37 votes)
Other? Explain in a post.
3.95% (17 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Individual Values - http://www.serebii.net/games/ivs.shtml

I haven't seen one of these yet on here, so I apologize if one already exists. It's pretty self explanatory. I see a lot of debate on IVs but I want to get a clear idea on how many are on each side of the fence.

Obviously only time will tell if they remain in the game. I'm guessing we won't find out till launch day.
#2TableFlipPosted 1/9/2013 4:56:03 PM
Because HP still exists IVs will still exist.
---
I don't even know anymore.
#3SlimeStackPosted 1/9/2013 4:57:41 PM
TableFlip posted...

So you people seriously think HP can't exist without IVs?
#4OldDirtyCR(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 4:59:04 PM(edited)
TableFlip posted...

Personally I believe Iv's will stay and like them. But your belief makes no sense to me. You really think they would sacrifice changing a game mechanic simply because of ONE move that they could easily change or get rid of? Or that there is no possible other way to have HP work (such as a new random value for a specific pokemon that just decides what HP type it is)?
#5TherianReturnsPosted 1/9/2013 4:58:26 PM
Keep them the same. Only real fans like myself have no problem with the current IV system.
---
Therian the god king. -Gen 6 is going to suck.
#6RoccoRedPosted 1/9/2013 5:01:02 PM
TherianReturns posted...
Keep them the same. Only real fans like myself have no problem with the current IV system.

A real fan wouldn't put "Gen 6 is going to suck." in their sig.

Anyway, anything will be fine for me. I just want to catch em all before I actually play competitively.
---
Xbox Live: KeroTenu
PKMN FC: 5415-5334-2248
#7SirPiercePosted 1/9/2013 5:01:05 PM
I just wish we could see them (and EVs) without having to use special calculators. Lol
---
NNID - Aerontar.
Currently Awaiting...Super Smash Bros. U, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y and Watch Dogs
#8TherianReturnsPosted 1/9/2013 5:01:45 PM
RoccoRed posted...
TherianReturns posted...

A real fan wouldn't put "Gen 6 is going to suck." in their sig.

Anyway, anything will be fine for me. I just want to catch em all before I actually play competitively.

Emphasis on "going to"
---
Therian the god king. -Gen 6 is going to suck.
#9OldDirtyCR(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 5:02:21 PM
SirPierce posted...
I just wish we could see them (and EVs) without having to use special calculators. Lol

Crap. I should've made that an option. x.x. I knew I forgot something.
#10ClassyOldHatPosted 1/9/2013 5:19:19 PM
I voted "keep, but maker easier to max out," but on second thought, I think that removing them would be better for the series as a whole. As someone else pointed out in another topic EVs, Natures, Abilities, and moves are all things that can be reasonably obtained through a conscious effort, with little to no luck to get in the way, and not only that, they all are made in such a way that you can't inherently say one Pokemon is superior to another. A Pokemon with a Jolly nature may be faster than one with an Adamant nature, but the Adamant one will take fewer turns to kill most things.

IVs, on the other hand, are almost wholly dependent on luck, (even what areas you can control require getting lucky with finding a parent with the right IVs beforehand), and, Hidden Power and and strategies requiring minimum IVs aside, very much make certain Pokemon inherently inferior.

Removing them would be best, but if them must be left in, I hope they are changed so it is easier to obtain desirable ones.