This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon X, Y, Z; Pokemon A, B, C; Pokemon Azure, Crimson, Orchid

#11Shadow_StarWolfPosted 1/13/2013 4:40:51 AM
No offense, but that sounds like complete conjecture to me. Unless something's been officially said about something like that, in which case, I'll promptly STFU. Otherwise, complete nonsense.

You don't need to be smart to realize that the XY represents chromosomes (see Pokemon Japanese logo). Hell, X Y = axis isn't also that far out, considering how obvious despite good the yin-yang analogy in Black and White.

So yeah this isn't like the previous Gens (save V) where the representative color/metal/gem has no meaning.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!
#12alatreon789Posted 1/13/2013 4:47:36 AM
mimic_niteshade posted...
yeah you learn about it in math (geometry) class. X and Y represent the vertical (Length) and horizontal (width) base lines of a geometric shape, the Z axis represents the third dimension of it which is the rise (height) of it. so assuming a 3rd version or spin off of the game comes it will be named Z.

Y=red bird thing=birds can fly vertically(at an angle I guess)

X=deer= deer walk horizontally
---
This signature will not change until the rebirth of Nintendo Power. PSN: Interitum48
Started: 9:56 PM 12/18/2012
#13GTRagnarokPosted 1/13/2013 5:08:31 AM
Pokemon Yin and Pokemon Yang.
---
Alienware M17x R4 | i7-3720QM | 2GB 7970M | 16GB DDR3-1600 | 128GB Samsung PM830 mSATA SSD
#14MilsoPosted 1/13/2013 5:14:40 AM
After we got sequels last year for Black and White, I don't see them going back to simply giving us a third version this time, so forget about Z.

The Japanese logo's show the DNA double helix in them, which clearly points a genetic theme, meaning it's most likely nothing to do with the dimensional axis.
---
rawr
#15GotenksgetoPosted 1/13/2013 3:45:10 PM
Czar_Yoshi posted...
Gotenksgeto posted...
EmoxGrenade posted...
Gotenksgeto posted...
EmoxGrenade posted...
ABC: Sounds stupid. X,Y, Z are supposed to represent the axis of the same names, they're not just random letters. .

No offense, but that sounds like complete conjecture to me. Unless something's been officially said about something like that, in which case, I'll promptly STFU. Otherwise, complete nonsense.

Let me rephrase that then. X and Y (and presumably Z) SUPPOSEDLY represent axes. Happy?

I'd personally use an "in my opinion," but your method works as well.

Considering as XYZ are much more 3D than previous titles, that does make some sort of sense.

I had not thought about that. Interesting theory.
---
This sig will not change until something impossible happens. Started 10/9/05
Brawl FC: 2363-5458-1028 GamerTag/Wii Name/PSN: KNEVER
#16GotenksgetoPosted 1/13/2013 3:47:15 PM
Milso posted...
After we got sequels last year for Black and White, I don't see them going back to simply giving us a third version this time, so forget about Z.

The Japanese logo's show the DNA double helix in them, which clearly points a genetic theme, meaning it's most likely nothing to do with the dimensional axis.

You have to admit that it would follow up nicely after X and Y. I mean, I was incredibly surprised that Black and White didn't use the Pokewalker, so there's always room for a curveball.
---
This sig will not change until something impossible happens. Started 10/9/05
Brawl FC: 2363-5458-1028 GamerTag/Wii Name/PSN: KNEVER
#17Oreno5267(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 4:30:25 PM
up again
---
Gold is the currency of kings; silver is the currency of gentlemen; barter is the currency of peasants, but debt is the currency of slaves.