This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wait, are the starters really Water/Fighting, Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Wait, are the starters really Water/Fighting, Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark?

User Info: Faust_8

Faust_8
4 years ago#21
abcDSBT posted...
RAAAGH! FIGHTING/DARK/PSYCHIC IS NOT A BALANCED TYPE TRIANGLE!!

The only, ONLY other type triangle that works is Rock/Flying/Fighting!

Seriously, every time someone suggests Fighting/Dark/Psychic it makes me want to pull my hair out.

If they're secondary types, does it really matter that much?
The supernatural says that if you act a certain way you might avoid suffering. But reality says you came from the stars...

User Info: Soanevalcke6

Soanevalcke6
4 years ago#22
abcDSBT posted...

Seriously, every time someone suggests Fighting/Dark/Psychic it makes me want to pull my hair out.

and Grass/Ground/Poison works
and Fire/Steel/Rock works

but Fighting/Psychic/Dark is a terrible Triangle and People that think it's good shouldnt be allowed to post
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6

User Info: Mewtwo_soul

Mewtwo_soul
4 years ago#23
Roobitysu posted...
Roobitysu posted...
I don't get why people assume Aerial Ace means Dark and Fake Out means Fighting.

Besides that it isn't like Non-Dark and Non-Fighting and non-etc. types don't learn moves that have said types in them or available to their movepool.

But people are using the attacks they use as basis for their type assumptions :T

Well it's again starting speculation. That doesn't mean everyone thinks that way.

On that note AA is a move on so many Pokemon's move pools it's ridiculous.
Ignoring sheep. Best solution on CoD boards.

User Info: LightningHawk90

LightningHawk90
4 years ago#24
Seriously, It looks like Froakie is using Vacuum wave, Fennekin is using some sort of psychic move, and the dark colors of Chespin attack makes it look like it's using a dark move.
Pokemon white FC: 0003 4423 2595

User Info: abcDSBT

abcDSBT
4 years ago#25
Soanevalcke6 posted...
abcDSBT posted...

and Grass/Ground/Poison works
and Fire/Steel/Rock works

but Fighting/Psychic/Dark is a terrible Triangle and People that think it's good shouldnt be allowed to post

I mean 3 completely different types, which only works with Rock/Flying/Fighting.
Oddworld, Graffiti Kingdom, Supah Nario Bros, and Simtunes FTW!
That light at the end of the tunnel might be a train.

User Info: Faust_8

Faust_8
4 years ago#26
So is the whole imbalance thing just that Dark is immune to Psychic? I don't see why that's a HUGE deal, you normally want to attack with a neutral attack instead one doing half damage anyway. As in, even if Dark took half damage from Psychic instead of being immune...you'd still not want to use a Psychic move on it anyway.

Granted it might make it harder in the early game against your rival but that's about it I think. If you can't raise up another Pokemon to take on your rival's starter that's your own fault I think. Plus I would think they'd be smart enough to give you another damage move that would work so you're not stuck with ONLY moves its immune to.

But anyway, I wasn't really suggesting this, just trying to confirm rumors.
The supernatural says that if you act a certain way you might avoid suffering. But reality says you came from the stars...

User Info: Firemaster5

Firemaster5
4 years ago#27
They could be like some of the previous starters and not get their secondary type until they evolve.
Organization name: Werxand | firemasterlucky5.deviantart.com
"Slmming. When trolling just won't do"~shiro_amayagi

User Info: DeadSneasel

DeadSneasel
4 years ago#28
This topic comes up every generation.

LITERALLY EVERY NEW GENERATION
SEEING ALEX'S SMITH'S TOP 1 DONG EXTINGUISH MY TEAM'S DEFENCE HAS RE-ENERGIZED MY LUST FOR MATT MILLEN
Not changing this until the Lions make the SB 1/1/13.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Wait, are the starters really Water/Fighting, Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived