This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wait, are the starters really Water/Fighting, Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark?

#21Faust_8(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 9:03:35 PM
abcDSBT posted...
RAAAGH! FIGHTING/DARK/PSYCHIC IS NOT A BALANCED TYPE TRIANGLE!!

The only, ONLY other type triangle that works is Rock/Flying/Fighting!

Seriously, every time someone suggests Fighting/Dark/Psychic it makes me want to pull my hair out.

If they're secondary types, does it really matter that much?
---
The supernatural says that if you act a certain way you might avoid suffering. But reality says you came from the stars...
#22Soanevalcke6Posted 1/9/2013 9:08:17 PM(edited)
abcDSBT posted...

Seriously, every time someone suggests Fighting/Dark/Psychic it makes me want to pull my hair out.

and Grass/Ground/Poison works
and Fire/Steel/Rock works

but Fighting/Psychic/Dark is a terrible Triangle and People that think it's good shouldnt be allowed to post
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#23Mewtwo_soulPosted 1/9/2013 9:09:39 PM
Roobitysu posted...
Roobitysu posted...
I don't get why people assume Aerial Ace means Dark and Fake Out means Fighting.

Besides that it isn't like Non-Dark and Non-Fighting and non-etc. types don't learn moves that have said types in them or available to their movepool.

But people are using the attacks they use as basis for their type assumptions :T

Well it's again starting speculation. That doesn't mean everyone thinks that way.

On that note AA is a move on so many Pokemon's move pools it's ridiculous.
---
Ignoring sheep. Best solution on CoD boards.
#24LightningHawk90Posted 1/9/2013 9:10:42 PM
Seriously, It looks like Froakie is using Vacuum wave, Fennekin is using some sort of psychic move, and the dark colors of Chespin attack makes it look like it's using a dark move.
---
Pokemon white FC: 0003 4423 2595
#25abcDSBTPosted 1/9/2013 10:15:17 PM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
abcDSBT posted...

and Grass/Ground/Poison works
and Fire/Steel/Rock works

but Fighting/Psychic/Dark is a terrible Triangle and People that think it's good shouldnt be allowed to post

I mean 3 completely different types, which only works with Rock/Flying/Fighting.
---
Oddworld, Graffiti Kingdom, Supah Nario Bros, and Simtunes FTW!
That light at the end of the tunnel might be a train.
#26Faust_8(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 10:41:48 PM
So is the whole imbalance thing just that Dark is immune to Psychic? I don't see why that's a HUGE deal, you normally want to attack with a neutral attack instead one doing half damage anyway. As in, even if Dark took half damage from Psychic instead of being immune...you'd still not want to use a Psychic move on it anyway.

Granted it might make it harder in the early game against your rival but that's about it I think. If you can't raise up another Pokemon to take on your rival's starter that's your own fault I think. Plus I would think they'd be smart enough to give you another damage move that would work so you're not stuck with ONLY moves its immune to.

But anyway, I wasn't really suggesting this, just trying to confirm rumors.
---
The supernatural says that if you act a certain way you might avoid suffering. But reality says you came from the stars...
#27Firemaster5Posted 1/9/2013 10:43:41 PM
They could be like some of the previous starters and not get their secondary type until they evolve.
---
Organization name: Werxand | firemasterlucky5.deviantart.com
"Slmming. When trolling just won't do"~shiro_amayagi
#28DeadSneaselPosted 1/10/2013 4:00:20 PM
This topic comes up every generation.

LITERALLY EVERY NEW GENERATION
---
SEEING ALEX'S SMITH'S TOP 1 DONG EXTINGUISH MY TEAM'S DEFENCE HAS RE-ENERGIZED MY LUST FOR MATT MILLEN
Not changing this until the Lions make the SB 1/1/13.