This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If this game doesnt ask me if im black or white, im not even bothering

#51TalentedMPosted 1/9/2013 9:42:35 PM
You are playing a role in a game, not making your own role to play in the game. The most you get to pick is your name and your team. After that the game is layed out in front of you with very little choice... Very minimal role to develop past being a trainer.

Like final fantasy, you are placed into the world and usually you can only change the names of someone in the game. Very much the same thing.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#52gjdsjPosted 1/9/2013 10:26:39 PM
I'm white and I believe the characters in these games are Asian... But I don't have a problem with it.
#53Ultimate_Nova_XPosted 1/9/2013 10:27:42 PM
NoJobBob posted...
tired of roleplaying as a white guy

if you're white, you don't understand. you always get to roleplay as your own kind. just for once, i want to play a black man like myself in a pokemon. i dont want to pretend to be something i'm not

You spelt Asian wrong.
---
"The benevolent see benevolence and the wise see wisdom."
~Chinese proverb
#54Godstriker8Posted 1/9/2013 10:28:11 PM
Im pretty sure the main characters are actually supposed to be asian, its just that white people see what they want in animated characters.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#55PAHERZPosted 1/9/2013 10:28:16 PM
White? Aren't all the playable characters Asian?
---
If i was a potato, i would be a good potato.
#56TankToastPosted 1/9/2013 10:31:07 PM
PAHERZ posted...

The BW kids might not be intended to be Asian if Unova is based on New York.
#57PAHERZPosted 1/9/2013 10:35:05 PM
TankToast posted...
PAHERZ posted...

The BW kids might not be intended to be Asian if Unova is based on New York.

They still look pretty damn Asian to me. I swear it was only one city that was based on New York
---
If i was a potato, i would be a good potato.
#58ffdghPosted 1/9/2013 10:36:14 PM
Uhh the characters are asian and there are more races. Truth be told I couldn't care less what race the characters are. Not saying an option isn't welcomed.
---
the current condition of Nintendo by internet standards.DOOOOOMED
Keyblades and a flightless angel.
#59Genius_SagePosted 1/9/2013 10:41:03 PM(edited)
I'm black and I hear ya, the only time it really ticks me off if it's in a game where you CAN customize and you can't change your skin color. Animal Crossing and the new Fire Emblem Avatar character can not change their skin tones. There's NO EXCUSE for this $%#@ in those titles. Otherwise I was never annoyed in the Pokemon series.
---
"What reason can anyone give me to not prefer the annihilation of all mankind to a scratch on my finger?"
#60ChronoAcePosted 1/9/2013 11:13:03 PM
Umbreth posted...
Not that GameFAQs is exactly the best venue for discussing this, but TC is right in saying that there's a major systemic issue that plagues video games in their utter lack of racial diversity.

Game developers can make whatever they want to make. They shouldn't be obligated to cater to every single thing. I do agree we should just be able to customize trainers though.

Also I am White and Sleeping Dogs (which is 99% Chinese and the only white guy in the game is a huge ****) was my favorite game of 2012. If people can't play as characters that don't share their race then I feel sorry for them.