This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Yes or No? It will be a better game if hacking/rgning isn't doable.

#21ClassyOldHatPosted 1/9/2013 10:34:13 PM
MooFaceBrains posted...
I said no to a because if we want detailed info similar to seribii and bulbapedia then we need to hack. What of a mechanic changes? How do we learn how it works? What about your IV's an EV's? Don't they come from hacking to learn that you can get EV's from what Pokémon. How would we know that IV'S are out of 31? It all stems from hacking.

My reason for voting "no" was basically this. The only reason we know which Pokemon give which EVs, and how much, is because of hackers.
#22DetroitLolcatPosted 1/9/2013 11:21:38 PM
RNGing is legit, hacking no.

Either way, people will find a way to do them.
---
Pre-Hooktail Pit of 100 Trials Run Completed
Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 @ 3:43 AM.
#23deidara21Posted 1/9/2013 11:24:14 PM
Ah so all you lehit breeders are somewhat hackers. Without hackers you couldn't EV train properly.
---
Did you know it takes fifteen to twenty seconds for a person to die after their heart has been damaged? So from the bottom of my heart I thank you for your's
#24SpacePirateKhanPosted 1/9/2013 11:28:44 PM(edited)
No.

Unless GameFreak actually makes it possible/feasible to get every single Pokemon/Ability/etc. legitimately, and adds in-game features to make endgame training/breeding/etc. faster instead of the mindless timesinking tedium it is now.
---
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Captain Khan
#25_KGC_Posted 1/9/2013 11:30:12 PM
Nope
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#26ChronoAcePosted 1/9/2013 11:30:30 PM
Why do people still bother with hacking? If you don't like the Training part of pokemon then just go play on a simulator and save yourself some time.
#27SpacePirateKhanPosted 1/9/2013 11:32:38 PM
ChronoAce posted...
Why do people still bother with hacking? If you don't like the Training part of pokemon then just go play on a simulator and save yourself some time.

in-game Battle Frontiers and such, Pokemon Stadium-esque games, etc.?
Plus the numerous Pokemon you can't legitimately acquire. Better to hack it yourself than trade with other hackers, I'd say. Feels more personal.
---
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Captain Khan
#28ChronoAcePosted 1/9/2013 11:42:30 PM
SpacePirateKhan posted...
ChronoAce posted...

in-game Battle Frontiers and such, Pokemon Stadium-esque games, etc.?
Plus the numerous Pokemon you can't legitimately acquire. Better to hack it yourself than trade with other hackers, I'd say. Feels more personal.

I guess I am just weird then because I actually enjoyed breeding/training Pokemon for frontier/subway/PBR. It doesn't take long once you get a Ditto with a few perfect IVs and EV training is very fast nowadays, I am sure Gen 6 will make it even easier.