This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone plan on abstaining from spoiling the new pokemon?

#1OldDirtyCRPosted 1/9/2013 9:49:04 PM
For Gen 3 and Gen 5 I purposely avoided looking at the new pokemon before the game's release. It creates a feeling similar to that when I played the original Pokemon game and discovering new pokemon as I went along. There was that feeling of "newness", wonder, and excitement.

Playing through White when it came out was really fun because it never got old as I would be constantly finding new pokemon I had never seen before. I would level pokemon without knowing if they had an evolution or not. It was definitely a different experience than what I had with Gen 2 and 4 (Using a guide from the start and seeing all the new pokemon well before release).

Anyways I plan on doing the same for this generation. It really wasn't that hard for B/W. It basically involved avoiding looking at Serebii. I still was very active on Pokemon forums and websites. Occasionally I'd get a glimpse of a pokemon or two but that's not the end of the world.

Anyone else gonna buckle down and do the same thing? The worldwide release is definitely going to make it a lot easier as the wait is a lot shorter.
#2LightningHawk90Posted 1/9/2013 9:49:42 PM
I'm going to try as much as possible....but I won't be able to avoid CoroCoro leaks on Serebii. Too much temptation..
---
Pokemon white FC: 0003 4423 2595
#3wufei8706Posted 1/9/2013 9:50:07 PM
Should I help you out by telling you some words to block so you don't get spoiled?
---
http://i45.tinypic.com/4sl82r.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Uu5mm.png
#4Pizzaman13Posted 1/9/2013 9:50:38 PM
RageKaiser posted...
I'm going to try as much as possible....but I won't be able to avoid CoroCoro leaks on Serebii. Too much temptation..

Yeah, same here.
#5Sakul123Posted 1/9/2013 9:50:38 PM
Yeah, I always play through twice. I figured by not spoiling it, the second time would be way more rewarding rather than just picking a slightly different team.
---
Black PKMN: 4513 2385 7799
#6GevousPosted 1/9/2013 9:50:45 PM
Nope. I'd love to, but I won't lie to myself.
---
Owner of the account Blurninja, who was closed in an account bet.
#7zaingasmPosted 1/9/2013 9:51:09 PM
RageKaiser posted...

Came here to say this. I just can't help myself...
---
3DS Friend Code: 2019-9981-2913 [PSN:ZainEatsAirplane]
Official Glaceon of the Pokemon X Boards
#8ThatKippPosted 1/9/2013 9:51:43 PM
I'm not sure about this one. I usually steer clear of all sites about a month prior to the release of any game that I don't want spoiled. The same will hold true for XY, I think. I do want to see some more new Pokemon, but I also want to save some of them for when I play the game.
---
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X boards
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#9Ex360Posted 1/9/2013 9:51:58 PM
I was gonna make a topic just like this. Anyways, yeah. I'm avoiding pretty much any information on the actual Pokemon. I've only ever been surprised by the first and second generation. After that I had the ability to just look everything up. This time around, I want to be completely surprised by all the Pokemon that weren't in the trailer. It's gonna be a tough and tempting 9-10 months...
#10FuneralCakePosted 1/9/2013 9:52:30 PM
I'll look at the Pokemon released via CoroCoro and on the websites and all that, but that's it. Like you said, the worldwide release will make things a lot easier. It'll be almost impossible to spoil everything, actually.

I really wanted to keep gen 5 unspoiled, but couldn't help myself. Really looking forward to gen 6 being (mostly) totally unknown.
---
SERIOUSLY NOT HOME ROWED
want some funeral to go with that cake?