This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will this Generation will finally include new Pokemon types?

#1nintendo3000Posted 1/9/2013 10:05:45 PM
Ever since Gen 2 its the same types of Pokemon! How about something new like a Holy/Light type pokemon since there exists a Dark type?
---
Karma hit 666 at 9/5/11
Fluttershy is BEST PONY!!!
#2LightningHawk90Posted 1/9/2013 10:06:10 PM
Fighting is the counter to the Dark Type.
---
Pokemon white FC: 0003 4423 2595
#3CM_PonchPosted 1/9/2013 10:06:30 PM
They're not needed though, Dark and Steel were only introduced because Psychic was broken. They could buff poison though.
---
KingRohitVerma has the best wang in the universe
http://i.imgur.com/RIwMn.png
#4Alty1Posted 1/9/2013 10:06:57 PM
I'd like to see it happen, but Nintendo seems pretty satisfied with the current type chart.
---
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c82/Fuee/Artz0rion/BtVSFan2.jpg - SHOKANSTEIN
“Life is a journey. Time is a river. The door is ajar” - Jim Butcher
#5surferguy7Posted 1/9/2013 10:07:25 PM
Do you know how much hell and contradictions a single type would raise? It was difficult for the original 151 to adjust back in Gen 2. Imagine it nowadays when we have hundreds of moves, abilities, and 649 Pokemon.
---
This is the internet, all opinions are considered invalid.
#6hello_indigoPosted 1/9/2013 10:11:32 PM
Bad idea. Too many complications.
#7Alty1Posted 1/9/2013 10:12:45 PM
Do you know how much hell and contradictions a single type would raise? It was difficult for the original 151 to adjust back in Gen 2. Imagine it nowadays when we have hundreds of moves, abilities, and 649 Pokemon.

These seem to be rather weak objections. So, the game developers would have to work hard on it? Is that a bad thing?
---
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c82/Fuee/Artz0rion/BtVSFan2.jpg - SHOKANSTEIN
“Life is a journey. Time is a river. The door is ajar” - Jim Butcher
#8Ultimate_Nova_XPosted 1/9/2013 10:13:51 PM
Dark type is Shadow type
Dark type is Evil type

You could argue we could get a Good (JP)/Light (WW) type, but...
---
"The benevolent see benevolence and the wise see wisdom."
~Chinese proverb
#9SoulBlayZPosted 1/9/2013 10:23:46 PM
Alty1 posted...

These seem to be rather weak objections. So, the game developers would have to work hard on it? Is that a bad thing?

lol many people fear change...

i honestly believe light is the 1 element that needs to be added. i imagined light is super to dark and dark is super to light. like, the never ending battle of good and bad. havent thought of good weaknesses yet that wont make light too OP
---
the sad west- if youre not a realistic gun user, youre unwanted in our games=reason US games lack variety. >_>
PSN OverLord_BlayZen, 3DS message me
#10UmbrethPosted 1/9/2013 10:28:10 PM
Psychic is light.

I think that the mechanics are more important than fulfilling some absurd narrative. Otherwise we probably would have gotten an actual storyline instead of what is essentially the same story for the last five generations.
---
"Nudity isn't that important when he can transform into a large glowing octopus..." - Myst Erik Ery