This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which starters did you choose in previous generations

#21GoombaX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 12:24:49 AM
i tend to go for the most amphibian starting type pokemon, the choice was hard when they had 2 of them gen 3
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#22SR71haloPosted 1/10/2013 12:24:51 AM
Squirtle
Totodile
Mudkip

Haven't played Generation IV or V yet but if I did, it would probably be Piplup and Oshawatt since I always pick the water type. Although I'm thinking on playing Platinum soon, and Piplup doesn't interest me as much as the other two. Hell, even in X/Y I'm more interested in Fennekin than Froakie.
---
Now Leave!
#23RethalwolfPosted 1/10/2013 12:25:04 AM
Well, classically I've always liked water over all.
Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkipz, Piplup, Oshawott.
Then second choice kinda goes random.
Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic, Turtwig, Snivy.

But this time...
it all depends on third evolutions. Before I could always base it on the first. MAYbe the second (Oshawott, I'm looking at you).
I'm not a fan of Froakie. Not at all. If it has some badass (second or) third form, WAY cooler than Croagunk (but along the same lines)... then I could consider it.

So for possibly the first time ever, I prefer the first-form Fire starter to first-form Water starter.
It's eating away at me.

I gotta say though, as far as third forms are concerned, I may not have always chosen my favorite.

I mean, let's be honest, in Gen 1 (graphics), Blastoise was a mess. Feraligatr was great, save for looking kinda fat... again. In fact, fatness seems to be a big trend in water types. They're cute, then they're badass (well, okay in 1 and 5 at least... the others were all fat!!), then they're weird or fat or something.
But I love them anyway.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#24jobacohuePosted 1/10/2013 12:26:41 AM
Squirtle
Totodile
Mudkip
Piplup
Oshawatt
Froakie for this gen

I've used all the starters in replays, but I always start with the water starter and will use it again if I do more than 3 replays.
---
http://goo.gl/Uxynh
I'm a Sandshranine
#25SinExDeathPosted 1/10/2013 12:32:02 AM
R/B Charmander
G/S Cyndaquil
R/S Treecko
FR/LG Charmander again
P/D Piplup
HG/SS Totodile
BW Snivy
BW2 Oshawott
---
Asketh Ky to Sol, "Heaven or Hell?" and Sol, being of Gear did say "Let's Rock."
Roman Cancels 1:14
#26SpeedDaemonPosted 1/10/2013 12:40:51 AM
Red- Bulbasaur
Silver- Chikorita
Sapphire- Treeko
Diamond- Turtwig
HeartGold- Totodile
Black- Snivy
Black 2- Oshawott

pretty much I always pick the grass starter first, then if I'm running through a second time I pick water. I did not realize this trend until just now when I typed this list out...
---
Terry McAuliffe for Governor '14
#27HylianCyndaquilPosted 1/10/2013 12:43:48 AM
Charmander, Cyndaquil ~ <3, Torchic, Piplup, skipped the 5th generation, will be picking Fennekin in this one.
---
Not changing until a new Star Fox game is announced. (started 8/03/12)
Official Cyndaquil of the Pokemon X board! Brawl rocks.
#28VKhaPosted 1/10/2013 1:31:16 AM
Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Mudkip, Turtwig, Tepig. Will be choosing Chespin in XY.
#29BenzychenzPosted 1/10/2013 1:33:07 AM
Bulbasaur
Cyndaquil
Torchic
Turtwig
Oshawott
Fennekin
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/2me5xv.jpg
#30power_hold37Posted 1/10/2013 1:34:43 AM
Charmander
Totodile
Mudkip
Chimchar

Gen 5 i just box it as soon as i find a pokemon i want.
So far in gen 6 I'm probably going with Froakie.
---
I don't even know you but I have much more karma than you do so I'm not gonna take anything you say too seriously... - Mr Sneaky