This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

question for those who were around when Gen 5 came out

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. question for those who were around when Gen 5 came out
2 years ago#1
well, I was, too, but I didn't really follow the news

so for those who did follow the news, how long after the initial announcement of B/W did they wait to reveal the evolutions of the starters?
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
2 years ago#2
I'm not sure of the exact time, but it was months afterwards.
---
Pokemon white FC: 0003 4423 2595
2 years ago#3
I believe that the infamous starter evolution leak occurred around the beginning of September in 2010, the month that the games were released in Japan (on the 18th). The three weeks leading up to the release were terrible: I can't remember such a fuss on a Pokemon board, and I've followed them since right after Ruby/Sapphire.

Many people did not believe the leaked evolutions (including me), but they were confirmed of course. I know I learned my lesson, and won't be so quick to discount any leaks that might happen in the months leading to XY's release.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
2 years ago#4
I remember there were some leaks of them first. Can't remember if it was just the final forms though. I remember there was a photo of the Pokemon on white paper or something.

I think this was what the leaks looked like http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s302/the-inuzuka-master/evo.jpg?t=1283940717

Either way it was months anyway before the leaks and official announcement.
---
Currently playing: Virtues Last Reward (3DS), Paper Mario Sticker Star (3DS), Darksiders II (Wii U)
(edited 0 seconds ago)
2 years ago#5
We knew of Servine and Dewott because of a leaked sketch page for the anim. Quite a while before the controversial leak
---
[LoL favourites: Janna, Syndra, Rumble, Fizz, Ezreal, Miss Fortune, Katarina, Volibear, Ahri, Lee Sin, Kog'Maw, Sejuani, Wukong, Nunu, Swain]
2 years ago#6
Dewott and Servine got leaked in July and Pignite was later on revealed in September.
2 years ago#7
I remember there were some leaks of them first. Can't remember if it was just the final forms though. I remember there was a photo of the Pokemon on white paper or something.

I think this was what the leaks looked like http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s302/the-inuzuka-master/evo.jpg?t=1283940717

Either way it was months anyway before the leaks and official announcement.

I remember that pic (or something very similar at least). So many people denying it, lol.
---
Alienware M17x R4 | i7-3720QM | 2GB 7970M | 16GB DDR3-1600 | 128GB Samsung PM830 mSATA SSD
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. question for those who were around when Gen 5 came out

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived