This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Please make the Regional Bird usable again..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Please make the Regional Bird usable again..

User Info: Mudkip43

Mudkip43
4 years ago#1
Unfezant seriously sucked.. badly.

User Info: CloudStrife630

CloudStrife630
4 years ago#2
Pidgey
http://i.minus.com/iQk9WytB7nDc.gif

User Info: LightningHawk90

LightningHawk90
4 years ago#3
Agreed. At least Staraptor had strength.
Pokemon white FC: 0003 4423 2595

User Info: Tenzhi

Tenzhi
4 years ago#4
I think Staraptor is the only bird Pokemon I've cared to use (unless one counts novelty Psyducks).
Often, when you try too hard to act superior, the opposite occurs.

User Info: Zarren364

Zarren364
4 years ago#5
Why hello Swellow
GLAD GANG l SSS l No.XII l OPBW2C-Wargle I R - Zarren
I am the Anti-troll. Your poll needs a bacon option.

User Info: Yamato_san

Yamato_san
4 years ago#6
CloudStrife630 posted...
Pidgey

a lot of stuff sucked back in generation 1. At the time, GameFreak was more focused on having a single-player RPG, and having the games interact more for trading purposes than battling, which left several Pokemon not being particularly battle-worthy (we also had a crapload of Normal-type attacks, and almost no other types, with gimmicks like "multiple hits per turn", "recoil damage", "wait a turn before attacking", "wait a turn after attacking", etc.). At any rate, I wouldn't be too hard on the Pidgey line. Besides, it has at least some worth (being one of few Normal/Flying-types with halfway decent defenses, mixed attacking potential, and not too bad of a movepool). Unfezant, on the other hand.... good god, what were they thinking? Physically-inclined offensive stats but a specially-inclined movepool? Even outside of its level-up set, it has no way of getting Brave Bird, so its hardest-hitting move is Sky Attack (which is like Hyper Beam, only worse; at least with Hyper Beam, you're a sitting duck AFTER you use the attack).

User Info: Kitschgardener

Kitschgardener
4 years ago#7
Yes please. I will never use an early-game bird until it gets competitive stats and a good movepool. Heck, a specially-oriented one would be great.

User Info: CloudStrife630

CloudStrife630
4 years ago#8
Does Hoothoot count? I think he may have been in one game only, but I really liked him.
http://i.minus.com/iQk9WytB7nDc.gif

User Info: Marbiaach

Marbiaach
4 years ago#9
Swellow and Staraptor were great for their games. The others however? Thats a different story.
Black 2 : [Marvin] [FC: 0777 2092 3156]

User Info: NightWatch177

NightWatch177
4 years ago#10
Kitschgardener posted...
Yes please. I will never use an early-game bird until it gets competitive stats and a good movepool. Heck, a specially-oriented one would be great.

A Specially-orientated regional bird would be terrible, the only reason people use them is for the inevitable Fly HM, and with a physical stat distribution, at least it makes a handy STAB move with in-game scouting potential and adding to item recovery time, etc.
GT: Corrupted177 - Play Halo Reach, Dark Souls, Armored Core V, Borderlands GOTY and Dragon's Dogma.
NNID: NightWatchman177 - Play Nintendoland and ZombiU.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Please make the Regional Bird usable again..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived