This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you want HMs handled in this game?

#1AnclationPosted 1/10/2013 6:35:47 AM
How do you want HMs handled in Pokemon X & Y? - Results (94 votes)
Like before, and I want to see new HMs introduced.
8.51% (8 votes)
Like before, but I don't want any new HMs.
4.26% (4 votes)
All bad HMs become TMs (just like Flash), with the same uses outside of battle.
8.51% (8 votes)
All HMs become TMs, with the same uses outside of battle.
11.7% (11 votes)
HMs as TMs, and later in the game you obtain Key Items with the same uses.
10.64% (10 votes)
Key Items completely replace HMs for use outside of battle, only good HMs become TMs.
50% (47 votes)
Other (post your suggestion in the topic)
6.38% (6 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Do you want HMs to stay about the same, or is it time for a change?
#2SBNetopirPosted 1/10/2013 6:37:27 AM
Either make Cut useful, or relieve it from its role as an HM. I don't really care about anything else.
#3MugilokoPosted 1/10/2013 6:39:22 AM
Key Items completely replace HMs for use outside of battle, only good HMs become TMs.
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/VcOip.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#4TenzhiPosted 1/10/2013 7:03:30 AM
I'd like to see HMs able to be learned in addition to the four regular moves.
---
Often, when you try too hard to act superior, the opposite occurs.
#5Anclation(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 7:07:07 AM
Personally, I would have felt very strongly about removing HMs if Gen 4 was the most recent generation (that big Derp Bibarel basically became a permanent party member because of HMs, and Fog was pretty much the worst idea ever), but they were pretty manageable in Gen 5, so I wouldn't be too upset if they stayed at this points (as long as new HMs weren't added).
#6DaramuePosted 1/10/2013 7:22:24 AM
Tenzhi posted...

Something like this, with an extra stipulation to maintain balance (Essentially so you can't throw "Surf" onto your Starmie's already strong moveset of thunderbolt, ice beam, recover, pyschic or something): The HM move cannot be used in battle if you put it in the 5th, extra "HM Slot". If you'd like to have it as a traditional HM move, you'd have to remove one of your four moves.

This is the best solution I can come up with.
---
"I object....for objection's sake!" ~Franziska Von Karma
"How many horse-powers does it have, Mr. Nick? How many horsies?" ~ Pearl Fey
#7paiprPosted 1/10/2013 7:34:32 AM
Either let all learned moves be kept learned (but only 4 are left active in for battles) allowing HMs to not take up a move spot bit still learned.

or

make HMs fill a 5th non-battle move spot, aka their Pokemon action (and promote dig, teleport, ext.... To also be able to be action slot moves)
---
cant decide which movie is the worst movie; dragon ball z evolution, m.nights last air bender, or twilight????? hmmm
#8ClassyOldHatPosted 1/10/2013 8:02:56 AM
I'd like them to just become TMs with the same uses outside of battle.
#9XashowdPosted 1/10/2013 8:10:16 AM
Just turn them all into TMs so that any pokemon who has learned them can cross the Gen Gap without a hitch. It's about time, especially in the case of Surf and Fly. I want my Surfing Raichu, dammit....
---
I am MnK Xashowd. Official Darkrai of the Pokemon X/Y Boards.
3DS FC: 3695-0746-1582. Xashowd. PM me if you add me.
#10JunellynnePosted 1/10/2013 8:20:17 AM
Tenzhi posted...

This sounds like a relief. I'd love to not have to get rid of a useful, sweet move just for a forced HM.

But best of all, if you even consider the HMs still a good idea, would be for any Pokémon that has the actual capability of performing the task the HM involves just naturally being able to do said task. Such as, any Pokémon that has wings being able to use Fly. If your Pokémon has any kind of sharp appendage, it can Cut bushes. This still doesn't solve the whole you really only have 5 Pokémon you want in your party thing though.