This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Battle System being Reworked?

#11mondrae205Posted 1/10/2013 8:44:09 AM
gladwyn101 posted...
Perhaps there is an option for a Pokemon to actively try to evade or defend instead of performing an attack, increasing evasion or defense temporarily to mitigate the damage of a powerful attack.

Another possibility, albeit unlikely, is making the battles active-time, meaning it'll be more like final fantasy iv, or possibly final fantasy xiii.

Another possibility, is that EVs change so when a Pokemon levels up, you get some EVs to distribute at your option.

Perhaps you can increase the number of moves a Pokemon can know.

No one really knows right now, I'm just listing what comes from the top of my head.

You could just teach your pokemon protect

active-time? Maybe in a spin-off

NO I don't want that

NO, that would make some pokemon WAY tougher to counter and thus broken
---
Congratulations, random chance is random and based on chance -Naucitos
Official Arceus of pokemon X board
#12deadpool848Posted 1/10/2013 8:45:01 AM
gladwyn101 posted...
Perhaps there is an option for a Pokemon to actively try to evade or defend instead of performing an attack, increasing evasion or defense temporarily to mitigate the damage of a powerful attack.

Another possibility, albeit unlikely, is making the battles active-time, meaning it'll be more like final fantasy iv, or possibly final fantasy xiii.

Another possibility, is that EVs change so when a Pokemon levels up, you get some EVs to distribute at your option.

Perhaps you can increase the number of moves a Pokemon can know.

No one really knows right now, I'm just listing what comes from the top of my head.

I would welcome an option to prepare to block/evade an attack, a way to balance it would be to give it diminishing returns like protect, where it gives you less chance to dodge / less defense each consecutive use. For the longest time in the TV-show trainers could tell there pokemon to dodge or block, would be nice if we could too.
#13SlimeStackPosted 1/10/2013 8:46:34 AM
EarthViper posted...
gladwyn101 posted...

I'm sure some diehards to love the current formula would call that blasphemy but frankly I love that idea. Do that and eliminate IV's and I'd be stoked.

As long as EV training doesn't get any harder, any changes they make to the system can only be welcome. Though, there's at least one user on here that thinks IVs require skill to get and are a deep mechanic, so maybe someone would get angry over EV changes...