This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"The footage they used for the launch trailer wasn't even the final product"

#1hello_indigoPosted 1/10/2013 8:45:27 AM
Why do people always think the final product will look so much better than the trailers? Why??? When has this EVER been the case. Unless the trailer is a BETA version, then no, the end product will not look that much better. Name me one trailer that looks noticeably worse than the released product.

Seriously fanboys, stop getting your hopes up. The final game is gonna look almost exactly like what we see in these trailers. Especially more so because of the game being released in only about 9 months. I mean I can see if they just showed a BETA version and the game wasn't gonna be released for like a year or two, but 9 months will no nothing for the graphics besides unoticeable polishing.
#2DarkFistsPosted 1/10/2013 8:46:29 AM
We have been saying that it'll have more polish, not that it'd be drastically different.

And most of us like what we saw in the trailer...as seen by people coming into the series again because of it
---
PSN=Gelthidor
#3XazealPosted 1/10/2013 8:47:34 AM
I agree for the most part, but what we get won't actually be exactly what we see now. 3DS games have a tendency to look way better on the actual console.
---
Official Mienshao of the Pokemon X Board
#4keybladeXIIIPosted 1/10/2013 8:48:45 AM
Also, 3DS graphics are never done justice on a computer screen or the Internet. Look at any 3DS screenshot and then play the actual game on the 3DS, and it will look way better than the screenshot or video you saw online. This is true for every 3ds game I've played.
---
I hate seeing sigs with PC specs on them.
PSN: tookhster ------ Proud owner of a Wii, PS3, 360, 3DS, Vita, and now a Wii U!
#5darkmaster_zeroPosted 1/10/2013 8:48:53 AM
hello_indigo posted...
Name me one trailer that looks noticeably worse than the released product..

Ys: Celceta no Jukai/ Sea of Trees on the Vita was one of them I believe.
#6QuagsireQingPosted 1/10/2013 8:54:28 AM
The overworld will probably remain mostly unchanged, but I think the battle screens will be altered. We saw no text during the attacks, but this was probably just for the trailer; I think it unlikely that it'll be relegated to the bottom screen. I know they'll want to keep the top screen clear to show off the battles in 3D, but messages would be more easily ignored if they're on the bottom screen.
---
"Cats...are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
--S. Miyamoto
#7kakashik99992Posted 1/10/2013 8:56:46 AM
Dear Jesus my pokemon game don't have top notch graphics and amazing story I'm just shocked.

I doubt the majority or even a significant part of the fanbase gives a **** about graphics especially the outside of battles one son
---
My pokemon run http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/150
#8vital_tundraPosted 1/10/2013 8:57:37 AM
Everyone for the most part, really likes the way it looks. And we don't expect it to look much different, but we do expect minor polish. And I have seen plenty of games look much better than what they show before release. PlayStation All Stars looked way better on release than it did in gameplay footage a few months before. We don't even know how old the stuff in the Pokemon trailer is. That stuff could have been done months ago, in fact it probably was. So it could look significantly better.
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#9hello_indigo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 9:54:01 AM
kakashik99992 posted...
Dear Jesus my pokemon game don't have top notch graphics and amazing story I'm just shocked.

I doubt the majority or even a significant part of the fanbase gives a **** about graphics especially the outside of battles one son

You're not very smart are you? In no way was I complaining about the graphics in this topic. I was just pointing out to the blindly hopeful fanboys who think the finished game will look so much better.

Reading comprehension ftw.
#10RunebogglePosted 1/10/2013 9:58:04 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997842-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d/images/gs_screen-32
http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/627575-mario-and-sonic-at-the-london-2012-olympic-games/images/gs_screen-4
http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997778-resident-evil-revelations/images/screen-2

Anything 3DS blown up to a larger resolution looks like crap.
---
Si || Belgaer, the Thinker