This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The graphics aren't jaggy because of the developers...

#1hello_indigoPosted 1/10/2013 8:58:18 AM
It's jaggy because of the *****y resolution of the 3DS screens people. It's so obvious. If I'm not mistaken, every 3DS game I own looks good from far away, but jaggy up close due to the low resolution of the screen. Of course AA can be implemented to help blur out the jaggies but it can only do so much.

Now stop complaining.
#2CrystalKing5426Posted 1/10/2013 8:59:33 AM
Half of the people know this and the other half are too stupid to realize that.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
#3DarkFistsPosted 1/10/2013 9:00:58 AM
CrystalKing5426 posted...
Half of the people know this and the other half are too stupid to realize that.

This.
---
PSN=Gelthidor
#4vital_tundraPosted 1/10/2013 9:03:36 AM
Yeh, some are really dim. Kid Icarus: Uprising looks horrible in its trailer footage. But anyone with some basic thought process would realize that it's because it isn't on the much smaller, 3DS screen.
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#5DeathSoul2000Posted 1/10/2013 9:03:55 AM
explain games like oot or MASLO2012. those two games are two of the smoothest i've seen on the system and have minimal jaggies. jaggies are down to dev laziness and nothing else.
#6hello_indigo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 9:50:10 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
explain games like oot or MASLO2012. those two games are two of the smoothest i've seen on the system and have minimal jaggies. jaggies are down to dev laziness and nothing else.

Two words. Cell Shading. It adds a black border line to everything and it's hard to make a curved, black like smooth with the resolution is crap.
#7RunebogglePosted 1/10/2013 9:55:08 AM(edited)
explain games like oot or MASLO2012.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997842-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d/images/gs_screen-32
http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/627575-mario-and-sonic-at-the-london-2012-olympic-games/images/gs_screen-4
http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997778-resident-evil-revelations/images/screen-2

Anything 3DS blown up to a larger resolution looks like crap.
---
Si || It is better to grab at the stars than to sit flustered because you know you cannot reach them.
#8WetterdewPosted 1/10/2013 10:50:59 AM
The games look worse than I expected and it's not because they've been blown up. Textures are clearly pixellated, and overworld models are sub-par. Animations are limp, and the color choices are a bit dull. If you try to say "it's because it's been upscaled" then you are wrong. Some of us are capable of accounting for that. Other 3DS games still look good even when upscaled. That said, the battles look pretty good so far.

These graphics are obviously better than gen 5's, but they're still worse than I would have expected for a 3DS game. Hopefully the music is better.
---
A horrible person:
I am a horrible person. That's what it says: a horrible person.
#9TruePowerSeekerPosted 1/10/2013 10:53:07 AM
Actually 4X AA could mostly clear all of it up but I don't think the 3DS supports that.
---
http://tinyurl.com/abm7qr6
#10vital_tundraPosted 1/10/2013 10:53:31 AM
Wetterdew posted...
The games look worse than I expected and it's not because they've been blown up. Textures are clearly pixellated, and overworld models are sub-par. Animations are limp, and the color choices are a bit dull. If you try to say "it's because it's been upscaled" then you are wrong. Some of us are capable of accounting for that. Other 3DS games still look good even when upscaled. That said, the battles look pretty good so far.

These graphics are obviously better than gen 5's, but they're still worse than I would have expected for a 3DS game. Hopefully the music is better.

I have yet to see a 3DS game that has been up scaled and still looks good. They ALL look bad up scaled.
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.