This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I wonder how Serebii will handle the Gen VI Pokedex...

#1PictocheatPosted 1/10/2013 8:59:26 AM
Pokemon X and Y use 3D models, not sprites. Additionally, people have only begun to scratch the surface for hacking the 3DS and its games, so it will be harder to extract game information (although the games come out nine months from now, so that's quite a lot of time to make some progress...).
---
U say U want a Revolution
Well, U know Wii all want to change the world
#2SlimeStackPosted 1/10/2013 9:00:37 AM
If push comes to shove, they can just use the official art.
#3akurixsPosted 1/10/2013 9:02:17 AM
I was thinking about that as well, but I was thinking about battle sims. I would assume that sites would use the official artwork for the pokemon and maybe some screenshots, but battle sims use the in-game sprites.
---
"Today, world. This is basic spoken. God inhale computer. Hardly consumer, but with a modest water fowl." -Babelfish
#4DarkFistsPosted 1/10/2013 9:02:53 AM
SlimeStack posted...
If push comes to shove, they can just use the official art.

This.

As for the stats...I have a feeling that it will just be basic knowledge, seeing as I doubt the 3DS hacking will progress enough by October
---
PSN=Gelthidor
#5Serebii from SPPPosted 1/10/2013 9:03:22 AM
A magician never reveals his secrets
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#6GATTJTPosted 1/10/2013 9:04:24 AM

0_0
---
Second in command to CE's resident villain and head of his army of evil minions.
#7QuagsireQingPosted 1/10/2013 9:04:28 AM
I keep my ear to the music-ripping scene (no pun intended), and so far a way hasn't been found to rip music tracks from 3DS games. Maybe some data, like movesets and even names could be ripped, but can the models? Maybe we'll know information about the Pokémon, but won't know what they look like until encountered during gameplay. If the models can be ripped, hopefully they'll have some sort of "default view" that can be easily extracted in a recognized image format.
---
"Cats...are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
--S. Miyamoto
#8thealmightydibPosted 1/10/2013 9:05:30 AM
I'm pretty sure the hacking will be there by October. There has been a lot of progress the past two months. That would be the only issue as 3d models have been used and shown online for the console Pokémon games
---
NNID - Capt.Awes0me
Playing WiiU - Batman AC, CoD:BO2, Scribblenauts U
#9ACWWDUDE101Posted 1/10/2013 9:11:36 AM
Serebii from SPP posted...

If you are the actual person who owns/runs Serebii.....................

*starts slow clap*
#10Pictocheat(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 9:11:45 AM
I'd think Photoshopping would be a viable option, but I don't know how well it would work. All the Pokemon are still surrounded by a black outline to make it look cartoony, and there seem to be plenty of camera shots where the Pokemon are completely unobstructed by the environment.
---
U say U want a Revolution
Well, U know Wii all want to change the world