This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon X & Y Official Evolution Poll. Day 3 - Qwilfish Evolution

#1ConnorTheOtterPosted 1/10/2013 10:32:50 AM
How much would you like to see a Qwilfish Evolution in Generation 6? - Results (130 votes)
1/10 - Horrible idea
9.23% (12 votes)
2/10
0% (0 votes)
3/10
2.31% (3 votes)
4/10
0% (0 votes)
5/10 - I wouldn't care either way
30% (39 votes)
6/10
6.92% (9 votes)
7/10
10.77% (14 votes)
8/10
11.54% (15 votes)
9/10
5.38% (7 votes)
10/10 - I would love to see this!
23.85% (31 votes)
This poll is now closed.
RANKINGS:
01. Pinsir Evolution 67.14%

Hi all! In celebration of the announcement of Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, I'm creating this daily poll focused on the most wanted evolutions of already existing Pokemon. Generations 2 and 4 gave us many expanded families of past Pokemon, so many highly assume that Generation 6 will do the same.

So here is the deal: Each day, each member of the board may vote for Pokemon they feel should get an evolution (Onix to Steelix), pre-evolution (Bonsly to Sudowoodo), and/or split evolution (Kirlia to Gallade). I will tally all nominations, and the Pokemon with the highest votes will be the focus of the following day’s poll!

Today, we have the Balloon Pokémon from Generation 2 Qwilfish, voted to have an Evolved Form.

Fan Art of a possible Qwilfish Evolution -
http://shinyscyther.deviantart.com/art/contest-FUGOOM-122832630
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=Qwilfish+Evolution#/d5poy2d

After you vote, you may nominate any Pokemon, with the exceptions of Starter Pokemon and Legendary Pokemon, for a future poll.

Today everyone will have 5 nominations.

I encourage everyone to be detailed with their ideas/wishes, but your vote will be counted as long as it's clear, even if blunt.

NOTE: This is voting for Evolved form, NOT a Pre-Evolved or Split Evolution. If you would like to see this Pokemon have one of these two evolutions, nominate them!

*Special thanks to SirPierce for updating/bumping yesterday's poll!

------------------------
9/10
I honestly belive that a Qwilfish Evolution is very likely. It shares a base state total of 430 with Gligar and Sneasel, two Pokemon who got the same treatment in Generation 4. Plus, being pretty simple to begin with, there is a lot of potential for it's design. As far as Generation 2 Pokemon go in this topic, Qwilfish seems the most fitting.

------------------------
5 nominations to Split evolution for Scyther.
---
Official Dragonite of the Pokemon X & Y Boards
3DS FC: 3093 - 7635 - 8978
#2ConnorTheOtter(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 11:16:33 AM(edited)
CURRENT NOMINATIONS -

Heracross Evolution X 30
Scyther Split Evolution X 30

Absol Evolution X 28
Tropius Evolution X 25
Dunsparce Evolution X 23
Eevee Split Evolution X 23
Arbok Evolution X 22
Skarmory Evolution X 20
Zangoose Evolution X 20
Combee Split Evolution X 20

Luvdisc Evolution X 19
Corsola Evolution X 17
Farfetch’d Evolution X 16
Tauros Evolution X 15
Omastar Evolution X 15
Banette Evolution X 15
Ferrothorn Evolution X 15
Aerodactyl Evolution X 12
Jynx Evolution X 11
Seviper Evolution X 11
Dragonair Split Evolution X 11

Arcanine Evolution X 10
Rapidash Evolution X 10
Quagsire Evolution X 10
Smeargle Evolution X 10
Spinda Evolution X 10
Kecleon Evolution X 10
Torkoal Evolution X 10
Basculin Evolution X 10
Galvantula Evolution X 10
Sawsbuck Evolution X 10
Scyther Pre-Evolution X 10

Tauros/Miltank Pre-Evolution X 9
Mawile Evolution X 8
Kangaskhan Pre-Evolution X 7
Sandslash Evolution X 5
Lapras Evolution X 5
Swoobat Evolution X 5
Aerodactly Pre-Evolution X 5
Luvdisc/Amoraroma Pre-Evolution X 5

Sableye Evolution X 3
Pinsir Pre-Evolution X 3
Remoraid Split Evolution X 3
Kabutops Evolution X 2

Liepard Evolution X 1
Onix Pre-Evolution X 1
Lapras Pre-Evolution X 1
Jigglypuff Split Evolution X 1
Magikarp Split Evolution X 1
Vanillish Split Evolution X 1
---
#3banjo kazooiePosted 1/10/2013 10:34:19 AM
There are few Pokemon that need an evolution more.
---
*(int *)nullptr = 0;
http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/
#4MugilokoPosted 1/10/2013 10:34:59 AM
5/10

Nominations to Ferrothorn evo.
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/VcOip.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#5Mistress_Zelda_Posted 1/10/2013 10:38:47 AM
Yes please. Qwilfish is one of my favorite Pokemon.

I'm think a Scorpion or Lionfish type evolution would be neat! :)
---
My heart has wings and I can fly,
I'll touch every star in the sky!
#6Crowfeather0226Posted 1/10/2013 10:52:02 AM
Qwilfish is the best thing that ever happened to Pokemon.

Scyther split x5
---
Official Top Percentage Rattata of the Pokemon X Board
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/2083/revengeofplato.png
#7Missingno_MastrPosted 1/10/2013 11:00:22 AM(edited)
My main concern with Qwilfish is not usability, but popularity. Between its good Attack, its usable Speed (which gets buffed by Swift Swim), and its current movepool, all that it really needs is a little tweak in movepool. A few extra physical moves of various types to help round out its coverage. An evolution would put all the focus on the evolution, drawing attention further away from the pre-evolution. And Qwilfish can't afford to have even less attention than it already gets- it's rare to find people who spell its name right, let alone can be called fans of it! On GameFAQs, as far as Qwilfish fans go, there's what, me, Mistress_Zelda, and... anyone else? EDIT: Apparently so, as the person above me claims Qwilfish to be the best thing that happened to Pokemon. I approve of that sort of thinking. :)

That said, I certainly wouldn't object to a Qwilfish evolution, not if it was well done.

In addition, Qwilfish's defenses are only marginally usable as is... but with an Eviolite boost, on the other hand... :)
---
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/groups/weezing-alliance/pictures/59420-1.PNG
#8ConnorTheOtter(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 11:02:58 AM
Missingno_Mastr posted...
My main concern with Qwilfish is not usability, but popularity. Between its good Attack, its usable Speed (which gets buffed by Swift Swim), and its current movepool, all that it really needs is a little tweak in movepool. A few extra physical moves of various types to help round out its coverage. An evolution would put all the focus on the evolution, drawing attention further away from the pre-evolution. And Qwilfish can't afford to have even less attention than it already gets- it's rare to find people who spell its name right, let alone can be called fans of it! On GameFAQs, as far as Qwilfish fans go, there's what, me, Mistress_Zelda, and... anyone else? EDIT: Apparently so, as the person above me claims Qwilfish to be the best thing that happened to Pokemon. I approve of that sort of thinking. :)

That said, I certainly wouldn't object to a Qwilfish evolution, not if it was well done.

In addition, Qwilfish's defenses are only marginally usable as is... but with an Eviolite boost, on the other hand... :)

You might like this read from the SSB4 board :)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/65024595
---
#9ChackNorris7Posted 1/10/2013 11:05:57 AM
All my nominations are for Eeveelutions. And a Quilfish evo? That's just stupid. May as well pick any random Pokemon to get another evo if you ask me.
---
Moooooom, Xerneas and Ferb are making a title sequence!
Official Keldeo of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#10KitschgardenerPosted 1/10/2013 11:09:35 AM
Missingno_Mastr posted...
all that it really needs is a little tweak in movepool.

This. I love Qwilfish but it really needs to be compatible with Swords Dance again. Currently Aqua Jet + SD is illegal and that needs to be fixed.