This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I want a new Main charcter in the Pokemon X and Y Anime

#21RunebogglePosted 1/10/2013 12:15:56 PM
And let's not forget that the anime is first and foremost designed for the newest set of kids who haven't seen the previous season.

Just as the games are designed to appeal to the newest set of kids.
It's really not a hard concept to grasp. The target audience of the anime and the games are the newest set of children who haven't played the previous games or seen previous episodes. The fact that us old fogeys still watch/play them is a plus.
---
Si || http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUMFL0Gckkg
#22UltraOshawottPosted 1/10/2013 12:16:59 PM
SlimeStack posted...
UltraOshawott posted...
RaidenHero posted...
UltraOshawott posted...
I like Ash. :/

Why?

He's cute!

Agree x10

Plus, I think he'd be really friendly with someone with high-functioning autism like me.
---
Games on my Preorder List: N/A
#23DMZappPosted 1/10/2013 12:18:19 PM(edited)
Runeboggle posted...
The writers will never use another main character.
Deal with it.

...unless the show's ratings go down and Ash is specifically pointed to as a reason.

I don't want Ash around anymore because the longer the writers use him, the more diluted he becomes, and the more it questions his effectiveness as a character. No matter how many episode of the Unova saga I watch, there's always that nagging thought in the back of my mind that "Ash has got to go", even if I'm not trying to think it. I mean, Unova was the perfect opportunity to get rid of him! It kind of stunts the "completely new beginning" idea if not everything is completely new.

I agree with the idea of a new main character. What I would specifically like to happen is have a new absolute main character for Gen 6, try him or her out. If it doesn't work out, they can bring Ash back in the next generation and have him catch some Gen 6 Pokemon in the Gen 7 region to make up the difference. If the new main character does work, keep him or her around for Gen 7, and retire him or her there once and for all so either Ash or a third new absolute main character can take the mantle.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 0905 2290 4576
Nothin' much, just cookin'.
#24SlimeStackPosted 1/10/2013 12:17:37 PM
Runeboggle posted...
It's really not a hard concept to grasp. The target audience of the anime and the games are the newest set of children who haven't played the previous games or seen previous episodes. The fact that us old fogeys still watch/play them is a plus.

The games are designed to have a wider appeal than the anime. The anime is literally only for kids and people who enjoy kids TV shows.
#25UltraOshawottPosted 1/10/2013 12:19:44 PM
SlimeStack posted...
Runeboggle posted...

The games are designed to have a wider appeal than the anime. The anime is literally only for kids and people who enjoy kids TV shows.

Kids don't really care much about personalities. I mean, I used to watch Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, and even though I think it's stupid TODAY (due to the fact that there were only two games released at the time, so they made up new plotlines), my childhood disagrees with my present self.
---
Games on my Preorder List: N/A
#26EJWPosted 1/10/2013 12:19:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jflYQC6X4o
#27shadowjericPosted 1/10/2013 12:19:48 PM
They should just make another anime using a different main character for the older pokemon fans.

Ash has just gotten anoying. "I want to be a pokemon master" yet we don't even know how you become a pokemon master . . . .
---
Call me Jeric. pokemon white 2 fc: 0519 5086 7298 gamertag: shadowjeric psn:shadowjeric
#28RunebogglePosted 1/10/2013 12:20:30 PM

Calm down, bro. I'm on your side.
---
Si || http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAQibNdEPCI
#29SlimeStackPosted 1/10/2013 12:21:40 PM
Runeboggle posted...

Calm down, bro. I'm on your side.

I am calm. O.o
#30RunebogglePosted 1/10/2013 12:23:36 PM
I am calm. O.o

Okey dokey.
Carry on, then.
---
Si || http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFKcpbfAXMw