This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Lets go back to Generation 5 with our wants and bring them back up...

#41jayman7Posted 1/10/2013 11:34:35 PM
deadpool_legend posted...
How is Chespin a hedgehog?

By being a hedgehog? I mean, you can even take a "hedge" pun from him. >_>

Anyway, some of his foreign-language names are puns on the corresponding words for "hedgehog".
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#42nro87Posted 1/10/2013 11:44:34 PM
jayman7 posted...
deadpool_legend posted...
How is Chespin a hedgehog?

By being a hedgehog? I mean, you can even take a "hedge" pun from him. >_>

Anyway, some of his foreign-language names are puns on the corresponding words for "hedgehog".

Just because GameFreak is calling Chespin a hedgehog does not make him a hedgehog. Shaymin is a hedgehog, Chespin is not.

There was a topic a couple days ago about starter typing, and this debate came up. Someone said something along the lines of "Maybe Chespin is a baby hedgehog, they don't really have quills. You're probably thinking of adult hedgehogs." This pissed me off because

A) hedgehogs are my third favorite animals after African penguins and Capuchin monkeys, and

B) http://cdn2.blogs.babble.com/pets/files/newborn-animals/spineless-hedgehog_1448919i.jpg. Clearly a newborn and it has visible quills.

I rest my case that Chespin, no matter what GameFreak names him, is not a hedgehog. He may evolve into a badass hedgehog, which I would be fine with, be he is not one.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
#43jayman7Posted 1/10/2013 11:48:01 PM
I can see the hedgehogness in him - and might I add that at no point do we ever see Chespin from the back in that trailer? Maybe he has grass (which would look like quills!) all up and down his back.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#44Pizzaman13Posted 1/10/2013 11:48:12 PM
I'm still waiting for a Koala Pokemon.
#45Twilight_SonataPosted 1/10/2013 11:49:49 PM
nro87 posted...
Just because GameFreak is calling Chespin a hedgehog does not make him a hedgehog. Shaymin is a hedgehog, Chespin is not.

There was a topic a couple days ago about starter typing, and this debate came up. Someone said something along the lines of "Maybe Chespin is a baby hedgehog, they don't really have quills. You're probably thinking of adult hedgehogs." This pissed me off because

A) hedgehogs are my third favorite animals after African penguins and Capuchin monkeys, and

B) http://cdn2.blogs.babble.com/pets/files/newborn-animals/spineless-hedgehog_1448919i.jpg. Clearly a newborn and it has visible quills.

I rest my case that Chespin, no matter what GameFreak names him, is not a hedgehog. He may evolve into a badass hedgehog, which I would be fine with, be he is not one.

Right, just like Galvantula isn't a spider, because spiders have eight legs, so if it doesn't have eight legs, then it can't be a spider.
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#46SakurafanboyPosted 1/11/2013 12:00:12 AM
Dolphin <-biggest want
Fly
Black Widow Spider
Mule
Porcupine
Millipede
Stegosaurus

and last one is a manmade object, but I'd like to see a Pokemon based off of a sword. :3333
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!