This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Type balancing ideas

#1Leader_ZPosted 1/10/2013 5:06:37 PM
I really think Ice should resist Dragon and possibly Grass. Also, it would benefit Poison a lot if it was super effective against Water. Any other ideas? Or I am I crazy and the type balancing is fine?
---
Pokemon White FC: 0518-3959-3841 -- Tyler
#2lazycomplifePosted 1/10/2013 5:08:06 PM
I agree. Mamoswine is weak against damn near everything.
---
Wow really
Official Swinub of Pokemon X and Y boards
#3AuroraSonicBeamPosted 1/10/2013 5:08:14 PM
It's fine bro.
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#4link_15Posted 1/10/2013 5:11:05 PM
Yes. The whole type chart needs to be rebalanced. Ice and poison are cursed types for any Pokemon to have. I wouldn't mind if an extra type or two were added to balance those and everything else out.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#5SilverSockPosted 1/10/2013 5:12:48 PM
Defensively, Ice needs some resistances, Steel needs some weaknesses

Offensively, Dragon needs something to resist it, Poison needs some strengths.

In general, Water could maybe use a little nerf.

Putting those together, I'd pull for Ice to resist Dragon and Poison to be super effective on Steel and possibly Water. Maybe it doesn't make perfect logical sense, but I think it would help with balance.
---
I summoned a baby to attract a lion. It didn't seem to work, so I tried a delicious baby.
Regular baby ATE delicious baby. Horror....horror.~Gameplayingperson
#6Emperor_mateusPosted 1/10/2013 5:24:50 PM
Leader_Z posted...
I really think Ice should resist Dragon and possibly Grass. Also, it would benefit Poison a lot if it was super effective against Water. Any other ideas? Or I am I crazy and the type balancing is fine?

Another thing that resists grass?

Anyway I would give fighting a poison weakness since poison needs a buff and I would stop giving 99% of the water types strong ice attacks.
---
..Gwaar... Haaaarr... Haaaaaa... Shoulda brought... more priests... Or some... babies... Dang...
#7Leader_Z(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 6:31:29 PM
I completely take back Ice resisting Grass. Grass definitely does not need any more types that resist it. Ice resisting Flying makes more sense, but I'm not sure how that would play out.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0518-3959-3841 -- Tyler