This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"And Pokemon will become stronger with the new battle structure."

#41Drgonbxcross(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 6:53:46 PM(edited)
Azurinai posted...
Drgonbxcross posted...
tsunamisurfer08 posted...

Final Fantasy 7 was the biggest load of crap and is extremely overrated.

NO. BAD ANTIFANBOY! BAD!

I agree with the other guy, it is overrated and the materia system turned everyone into magic junkies early game. Minigames were better than the actual game and the villain (although cool to look at) is a mommas boy.

Personally, I hated the minigames. In hindsight, The materia system could use some tweaking but it got better before the start of the 2nd disk.

However as far as the villian is concerned, Crisis Core pretty much elaborated why he went insane. And Jenova needed to be around as a plot device to be the "bad guy from a long time ago that was never killed"

People that call him a mama's boy = FF7 antifanboys.

People that have to have SEPHIROTH1282xXxDarkness as their screen name, are fanboys who I normally do not associate with out of fright.

That's just my opinion though.
---
this one time, i found a pube in my unopened pokemon game
I would have 1500 karma, but I forgot to login. FC 2065 3310 1217
#42Satoshi_Da_ZePosted 1/10/2013 6:53:52 PM
They better be getting rid of the IVs.

They shouldn't be motivating players to act like Paul/Shinji and just treat their pokémon like tools meant to be replaced.
---
GameFAQs GET DA ZE!
-Looking for people to claim an empty message board and make topics about the JAPANESE Pokemon anime-
#43AzurinaiPosted 1/10/2013 6:57:49 PM
Drgonbxcross posted...
Azurinai posted...
Drgonbxcross posted...

NO. BAD ANTIFANBOY! BAD!

I agree with the other guy, it is overrated and the materia system turned everyone into magic junkies early game. Minigames were better than the actual game and the villain (although cool to look at) is a mommas boy.

Personally, I hated the minigames. In hindsight, The materia system could use some tweaking but it got better before the start of the 2nd disk.

However as far as the villian is concerned, Crisis Core pretty much elaborated why he went insane. And Jenova needed to be around as a plot device to be the "bad guy from a long time ago that was never killed"

People that have to have SEPHIROTH1282xXxDarkness as their screen name, are fanboys who I normally do not associate with out of fright.

To be honest, Sephiroth was amazing when I was younger, badass, cool hair, long blade, strong magic, 1 wing angel design. But as I got older, other people pointed out his flaws and then I analyzed it myself and the rest of the game, and the magic was ruined.
It really isn't as good as people think it is, but really did look quite appealing back then.
---
"Why do I check for updates when I know there's nothing there?"
#44Drgonbxcross(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 7:00:52 PM
Azurinai posted...
Drgonbxcross posted...
Azurinai posted...
Drgonbxcross posted...

NO. BAD ANTIFANBOY! BAD!

To be honest, Sephiroth was amazing when I was younger, badass, cool hair, long blade, strong magic, 1 wing angel design. But as I got older, other people pointed out his flaws and then I analyzed it myself and the rest of the game, and the magic was ruined.
It really isn't as good as people think it is, but really did look quite appealing back then.

The music is still just as amazing.

Nobuo Uematsu Is still one of the most amazing composers ever.
---
#45tsunamisurfer08Posted 1/10/2013 7:04:42 PM(edited)
Azurinai posted...

The first FF game I played was when I was 12. And that was Final Fantasy 8. This was right before 9 came out. Or it might have been new I don't really remember. I then went back and played the rest of the ones I could find, then went into 9 and 10.

I just...could never see anything really special about 7. I liked Cecil and Kain from 4, and Terra, Locke, and the others from 6. That's it as far as my favorites. I feel it died after 10 though. Hated 12 and couldn't play through 13.

Drgonbxcross posted...
The music is still just as amazing.

Nobuo Uematsu Is still one of the most amazing composers ever.

Now that I can totally agree with.
---
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.
#46Capitan_KidPosted 1/10/2013 7:05:00 PM
The_Undying_84 posted...
Drgonbxcross posted...
kabigon20 posted...
ATB battle system.

Oh god, don't even joke about that.

To everyone that's wondering about what an ATB battle system is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqol7f-arLo

That's not what ATB is. The ATB system is what every FF up to IX used.

XIII uses the word ATB for the little gauge thing but it has nothing to do with the it's previous meaning, they just put it on there to attract old fans.

Lolwut. 13 series uses the ATB system. It's an Active Time Battle. It's the same system from 4,5,6,7,8, and 9 except now people can attack at the same time.
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#47tallgeeseIVPosted 1/10/2013 7:06:43 PM
Satoshi_Da_Ze posted...
They better be getting rid of the IVs.

They shouldn't be motivating players to act like Paul/Shinji and just treat their pokémon like tools meant to be replaced.

Joey would hate that, with all Pokemon's base stats the same he can no longer brag about how his Ratata is in the top percentage of Ratata!
---
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9742/fodderkg8.png
-_-'
#48AzurinaiPosted 1/10/2013 7:07:19 PM
Not gonna quote the pyramid, but yes, the music was splendid, he did really well there.
---
"Why do I check for updates when I know there's nothing there?"
#49ryudin89Posted 1/10/2013 7:07:23 PM
kabigon20 posted...
ATB battle system.

Fffffff-NO! For the love of god no!
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr
#50Drgonbxcross(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 7:09:09 PM
ryudin89 posted...
kabigon20 posted...
ATB battle system.

Fffffff-NO! For the love of god no!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ0WpdTin4c
---