This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the X or the Y board going to be more popular?

#1Faust_8Posted 1/10/2013 7:19:09 PM
It seems like one board always sees more action: Black saw more traffic than White, and so on.

Which is understandable: some games just look more appealing. Red and Blue, most wanted the one with the "dragon" on it than the one with the turtle. While Zekrom is certainly pretty cool looking, I think most went with Black and Reshiram because he's also cool and is an actual Fire/Dragon, which I think people wanted more than an Electric/Dragon. And so on. The devs seem to expect one to more popular than the other even if it's not a huge difference.

I kinda think perhaps they expect more people to get Y, but who knows...the X legendary (it will be a while before I master their names lol) is no slouch at all. One is awesomely-destructive, one is awesomely-majestic.

So which game/board do you think will be more popular?
---
The supernatural says that if you act a certain way you might avoid suffering. But reality says you came from the stars...
#2AmareusPosted 1/10/2013 7:19:53 PM
X. It's already the more popular one.
---
"Every gen past *gen i stopped playing in* are unoriginal and terrible" -kirbymuncher
#3zaingasmPosted 1/10/2013 7:19:57 PM
X board is already more active. So my money goes with X.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2019-9981-2913 [PSN:ZainEatsAirplane]
Official Glaceon of the Pokemon X Boards
#4pokemega32Posted 1/10/2013 7:20:50 PM
X board has almost 2000 topics.

Y board has less than 200.

Gee, I wonder.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#5MarbiaachPosted 1/10/2013 7:21:01 PM
Actually, the only reason one board is usually more popular than the other, is the order the names come in.

Black was more popular than White.
Black 2 was more popular than White 2.
X is (already) WAY more popular than Y.
---
Black 2 : [Marvin] [FC: 0777 2092 3156]
#6RoanarkPosted 1/10/2013 7:22:47 PM
This board is already FAR more popular, go to the Y board... Practically deserted in comparison.
#7DracovianPosted 1/10/2013 7:24:15 PM
I wonder why that is. Usually Red, Gold and such dominate.
---
"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what." - Dr. House
#8AmareusPosted 1/10/2013 7:24:19 PM
There's also a two game gap between X and Y on the Top 10 Games list.
---
"Every gen past *gen i stopped playing in* are unoriginal and terrible" -kirbymuncher
#9KosacVPosted 1/10/2013 7:26:45 PM
Marbiaach posted...
Actually, the only reason one board is usually more popular than the other, is the order the names come in.

Black was more popular than White.
Black 2 was more popular than White 2.
X is (already) WAY more popular than Y.

Well Black board existed before White, but it was pretty much a given if it hadn't because of this.
---
This one knows what he's doing...