This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why is everyone so afraid of hacking?

#1Big_IsaacPosted 1/10/2013 9:19:26 PM
there have already been multiple topics about how great it is that pokegen and other hacking methods won't work (initially) with Gen 6.
why is that?
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#2DrgonbxcrossPosted 1/10/2013 9:20:15 PM
First of all, before we talk about anything, everyone need to have their definition of hacking examined.
---
this one time, i found a pube in my unopened pokemon game
I would have 1500 karma, but I forgot to login. FC 2065 3310 1217
#3overmaxxPosted 1/10/2013 9:21:08 PM
You got to be kidding me...
#4RoanarkPosted 1/10/2013 9:21:47 PM
Most of us don't care about the whole EV/ IV bull and are happy that we might actually be able to play online and have a chance without cheating or wasting hours (days/weeks?) of our time for something that only pays off when playing online.
#5banjo kazooiePosted 1/10/2013 9:24:28 PM(edited)
Roanark posted...
Most of us don't care about the whole EV/ IV bull and are happy that we might actually be able to play online and have a chance without cheating or wasting hours (days/weeks?) of our time for something that only pays off when playing online.

You'll be disappointed. EVs will still be just as important as they are now. You will still be completely and utterly ****ed if you try to play online without EV training. The fact that you think otherwise demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of the EV system.
---
*(int *)nullptr = 0;
http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/
#6Second_ChancesPosted 1/10/2013 9:26:47 PM
Roanark posted...

hahahahahah

You're acting like hacking will solve that at all. There are a lot less people with lives than you'd expect.
#7TruePowerSeekerPosted 1/10/2013 9:27:54 PM
I like it. It is the only bloody way to get event pokemon to finish the dex.
---
http://tinyurl.com/abm7qr6
#8banjo kazooiePosted 1/10/2013 9:28:49 PM
Second_Chances posted...
Roanark posted...

hahahahahah

You're acting like hacking will solve that at all. There are a lot less people with lives than you'd expect.

You say that like it's not possible to EV train an entire team in less than a day.
---
*(int *)nullptr = 0;
http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/
#9RoanarkPosted 1/10/2013 9:32:26 PM
banjo kazooie posted...
Roanark posted...

You'll be disappointed. EVs will still be just as important as they are now. You will still be completely and utterly ****ed if you try to play online without EV training. The fact that you think otherwise demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of the EV system.

I don't understand it, I don't try to, and I don't play online because of it.
It's never been explained in game and for the longest time I didn't even know it existed.
It's pretty ridiculous that I have to do extensive research and devote hours of trying over and over again, fighting the right pokemon, doing this and that and everything else, just to be able to properly enjoy the online play.

Also, there's absolutely no reason to talk down to me, it's pretty aggravating.
#10overmaxxPosted 1/10/2013 9:32:49 PM
EV training doesn't require "having no life".

IVs are the problem, they are a massive problem. Many people hack because of them, but I standby that most hack because they are rotten to the core and will hack no matter how easy and fair it becomes to play the game normally. They have showed this with their ridiculous mindset whereby hacking is natural and people who don't hack are stupid.