This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hacked pokemon will not stop even if the 3ds is uncrackable

#1andis1992Posted 1/10/2013 9:58:37 PM
It simply means that players wont be able to hack the new gen 6 pokemon in. They will still be able to hack pokemon into older generations, and trade them over.

Its unfortunate, but unavoidable.
#2GastroidPosted 1/10/2013 10:09:08 PM
They could block transfer of Pokemon to Gen VI... but that's not how to please a player base.
---
Judicoid
Judicator-variant Android
#3andis1992(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 10:12:30 PM
That would be such a terrible idea, although it would be the only solution. I would like to see them SLOWLY phase out pokemon from older generations, but at the same time, for people who have legit event pokemon thats unfair.

like say, any pokemon that was transferred from gen 3 cant make it past gen 5. but what that means for me is that I cant use my event jirachi ever again in a new game. /sigh.
#4perfectchaos83Posted 1/10/2013 10:15:38 PM
Even if the 3DS is uncrack, you can still rip the gamesave very easily and edit it that way.
---
The Dude Abides...
http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/2298/thedudewallpaper.png
#5ThatKippPosted 1/10/2013 10:17:18 PM
There's worse stuff than hacked Pokemon that could come out of the 3DS getting hacked. Like piracy. It doesn't matter much if you pirate a big company's game, but for a smaller developer, if there's piracy or not makes the difference between them supporting the 3DS and not supporting the 3DS.
---
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X boards
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#6TruePowerSeekerPosted 1/10/2013 10:17:54 PM
andis1992 posted...
That would be such a terrible idea, although it would be the only solution. I would like to see them SLOWLY phase out pokemon from older generations, but at the same time, for people who have legit event pokemon thats unfair.

like say, any pokemon that was transferred from gen 3 cant make it past gen 5. but what that means for me is that I cant use my event jirachi ever again in a new game. /sigh.

Don't even get me started on bloody event pokemon. They are pointless annoyances as bad as on the disc DLC. They just aggravate you when the Pokedex is filled except for those bloody things.

Mew ruined my childhood till I learned a glitch to get him to show up.
---
http://tinyurl.com/abm7qr6
#7lazycomplifePosted 1/10/2013 10:19:23 PM
andis1992 posted...
It simply means that players wont be able to hack the new gen 6 pokemon in. They will still be able to hack pokemon into older generations, and trade them over.

Yeah I've been thinking this the past few days :(
---
Wow really
Official Swinub of Pokemon X and Y boards
#8andis1992(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 10:20:10 PM
TruePowerSeeker posted...
andis1992 posted...

Don't even get me started on bloody event pokemon. They are pointless annoyances as bad as on the disc DLC. They just aggravate you when the Pokedex is filled except for those bloody things.

Mew ruined my childhood till I learned a glitch to get him to show up.

If you are talking about the glitch where you fly/teleport right as certain players see you, i LOVE that glitch.
#9OldDirtyCRPosted 1/10/2013 10:23:01 PM(edited)
perfectchaos83 posted...
Even if the 3DS is uncrack, you can still rip the gamesave very easily and edit it that way.

Can you put it back on the 3DS? I was under the impression it was a one way street (IE easy to copy the save off but can't put it back)

Expect GTS style exploit to be the method everyone uses in Gen VI (unless AR comes out). This method doesn't require anything on the 3DS. 3DS roms are already dumpable. Unless they change something drastic it's extremely probable GTS exploits will make a return.
#10overmaxxPosted 1/10/2013 10:21:42 PM
andis1992 posted...

Yeah, but I still hope they seriously up the detection systems, and implement something like Pokecheck legality analysis.

Further, an ideal scenario would involve actual bans from wi-fi, but since it's Nintendo, a realistic and good expectation is turning everything that triggers the detection into bad eggs.

Either way, if none of this happens, my first full team will be 100% new Pokemon. Take that, hackers.