This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Remember when Pokemon was fun?

#11sonicfanaticjtbPosted 1/11/2013 3:15:36 AM
TalentedM posted...
And it wasn't just number crunching and worrying about how perfect a pokemon was and how many IV/EV it had?

I do, I wish they would just correct it. I look at it as a blemish on an otherwise interesting and fun game.

Huh... That's odd... I could've sworn I had fun while playing though BW2, and that I was enjoying my current playthrough of 'em, and my most recent playthrough of Heart Gold (which was a random nuzlocke )

Since this is apparently impossible do to the games gaining more depth, I must've imagined it. Damn. :( Those were such nice feelings, too...
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#12Zero97Posted 1/11/2013 3:15:55 AM
Yes I do.

But yeah I'm still having the same kind of fun ^^
---
3DS: 0173-1416-4513
NNID: Zero97
#13reaverzPosted 1/11/2013 3:20:46 AM
TC, you should look at the list of Pokemon that Black2/White2 have that the Gym Leaders and Champions use in the PWT. Provided by Kaphotics:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12206225/pwt-main-opponents.htm
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12206225/pwt-bonus-sets.htm
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12206225/pwt-singles.htm
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12206225/pwt-bonus-single.htm

GameFreak is now just as picky with natures and EVs as competitive players. Not one Lax, Gentle, or neutral nature on any of those Pokemon; instead, there's an abundance of Adamant, Jolly, Modest, and Timid natures.

The competitive aspect of Pokemon has been inserted into the games on purpose for players to use if they so wish. Breeding and EV training has become easier over the generations, so it's not something that wasn't meant to be done.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#14TalentedM(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 3:29:37 AM
They even matched them up and had the AI act like a real player or as close as one could be with high numbers behind them as well.

I personally would enjoy it more if they did something akin to happyness where the more you use your pokemon the higher the numbers can go based on their nature. I don't see why that wouldn't work out better.

Never quite understood why hidden numbers meant so much.

Also, I can enjoy the game alone. It is when I try to play with friends that they say "My pokemon aren't EV trained and their IV's aren't perfect." I mean dude... I just wanna play the game with skill being the main draw, not how powerful your pokemon are because of hidden numbers.

Makes the game (multiplayer wise) unfun.

The game itself (single) is fine. Pretty much just pokemon.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#15fahademonPosted 1/11/2013 3:42:14 AM(edited)
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/12/10/7109mEPk7kOBHt47weE-GQ2.jpg
---
FC and FT list in profile...
There will come a day when I shoot myself in the head for saying this.
#16QuetzalmaPosted 1/11/2013 3:38:53 AM
I only need to care about that if you want to go into Competitive Battling, otherwise you can play like that doesn't even exist lol
I know about them and I still don't care, the only thing that I care is that I don't have a negative nature in my main attacking stat or speed, if that's good, then I'm good, no need to be picky :p
#17SlimeStackPosted 1/11/2013 3:46:18 AM
EV training is a cool feature and IVs only matter if your opponent IV breeds. I only complained about IVs because I was being pedantic over the one thing I hate about the series. I'm unlikely to even face a person who IV breeds unless the battle facilities have fixed 31s.
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.
Currently banned from: complaining about IVs
#18sonicfanaticjtbPosted 1/11/2013 3:49:39 AM
TalentedM posted...
They even matched them up and had the AI act like a real player or as close as one could be with high numbers behind them as well.

I personally would enjoy it more if they did something akin to happyness where the more you use your pokemon the higher the numbers can go based on their nature. I don't see why that wouldn't work out better.

Never quite understood why hidden numbers meant so much.

Also, I can enjoy the game alone. It is when I try to play with friends that they say "My pokemon aren't EV trained and their IV's aren't perfect." I mean dude... I just wanna play the game with skill being the main draw, not how powerful your pokemon are because of hidden numbers.

Makes the game (multiplayer wise) unfun.

The game itself (single) is fine. Pretty much just pokemon.

Play them on battle simulators or ask to only use in game teams.

Battle simulators will allow you to use competitive teams without all the hassle of breeding and what not, while only using ingame teams will allow you to battle your friends without having to worry 'bout the competitive side of things.

Simple.
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#19oReloadPosted 1/11/2013 3:51:40 AM
I'm IV/EV training my Garchomp (Still, to this day) on my Diamond. I occasionally run him through the Elite 4 by himself once or twice and then turn off my game and play it in another 4 months. I bred him specifically to be a male, and I trained him to have Draco Meteor. He's a superb Garchomp.
---
GT: Waleyy
"Get ready to ball so hard, because this chick is cray. And if you are feeling famished; I recommend the fish fillet."
#20KitschgardenerPosted 1/11/2013 3:59:21 AM
Catcher_Freeman posted...
And it wasn't just number crunching and worrying about how perfect a pokemon was and how many IV/EV it had?

That's been going on since the beginning.

Your argument is beyond invalid.