This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Remember when Pokemon was fun?

#21arvilinoPosted 1/11/2013 3:15:11 AM
TalentedM posted...
And it wasn't just number crunching and worrying about how perfect a pokemon was and how many IV/EV it had?

I do, I wish they would just correct it. I look at it as a blemish on an otherwise interesting and fun game.

It's called playing the main story.
#22TalentedM(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 3:17:35 AM
arvilino posted...
TalentedM posted...
And it wasn't just number crunching and worrying about how perfect a pokemon was and how many IV/EV it had?

I do, I wish they would just correct it. I look at it as a blemish on an otherwise interesting and fun game.

Toss the rest away right!?
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#23Tequila_ShotPosted 1/11/2013 3:22:40 AM
TalentedM posted...
arvilino posted...
TalentedM posted...

Toss the rest away right!?

There's more to the game than the story and the competitive scene. Build your collection of Pokemon that you want to make, for instance.

Oh wait, only idiots like me would dare raise Pokemon to level 100 for three generations and keep working on trying to break that 200 mark. Right? I mean, that is what you mean to say, isn't it?
---
If you're a gamer, it is your responsibility to share this with everyone you know:
http://youtu.be/jHmDjNCZR3k
#24deevo117Posted 1/11/2013 3:25:09 AM
Yeah I don't know what you are talking about. As far as the main game goes, you can PERSONALLY choose to place a significance or importance on the subjects of IVs/EVs, Natures, and Abilities.
Pretty easy to ignore.

As far as the competitive battling aspect goes, competitive battling didn't even really exist or gain popularity until after IVs/EVs, Natures, and Abilities were implemented into the game. It's part of the game design, obviously.

And besides like someone else said, even the insertion of the mechanics into the game mode has made it more fun and challenging. I was battling Cynthia in PWT, she was using Garchomp and I was using Manectric (of course), but my Magnet Rise had just worn off so I was going to switch to Gyarados to finish it off. That ***** predicted my switch and used Stone Edge and got a crit and killed me. Although she dominated me, it was really satisfying to actually have a challenge in the game.
---
Official Manectric of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#25TalentedM(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 3:28:17 AM
Tequila_Shot posted...

There's more to the game than the story and the competitive scene. Build your collection of Pokemon that you want to make, for instance.

Oh wait, only idiots like me would dare raise Pokemon to level 100 for three generations and keep working on trying to break that 200 mark. Right? I mean, that is what you mean to say, isn't it?

That isn't a thing in the game... It is something you made up to do in the game. But it isn't accomplishing anything within the game to the games standards and doesn't add anything to the game itself...

Like saying a nuzlocke run is a thing in the game to do and I should do those instead. It makes no difference because what I am saying goes for the whole game itself. It is flawed for players to be forced into number crunching just to achive something that should be based purely on team comp and skill.

You wanna "break that 200 mark" (I have no idea what you are rambeling about) go for it. It isn't something specificly in the game you are required or intended to do. So... Go for it, like making up your own achievements isn't an answer for not having them on the WiiU games, whatever floats you.

Mine is more of a direct problem with the way they are continuing forcing players hands to either cheat or mess with the code of the games to achive something that normal players should just be able to do outright.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#26Tequila_ShotPosted 1/11/2013 3:29:18 AM
deevo117 posted...
Yeah I don't know what you are talking about. As far as the main game goes, you can PERSONALLY choose to place a significance or importance on the subjects of IVs/EVs, Natures, and Abilities.
Pretty easy to ignore.

Rofl. Don't be absurd. Everyone knows that the game literally forces you to breed for perfect IV's.
---
If you're a gamer, it is your responsibility to share this with everyone you know:
http://youtu.be/jHmDjNCZR3k
#27TalentedM(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 3:36:21 AM(edited)
deevo117 posted...
Pretty easy to ignore.

That is untill I want to play a battle online and get people with perfect pokemon.
The fun was playing your friends over the cable on red and blue. That was what I remember most fondly. Since then and people finding out there are secret stats in the new games it has been downhill. Crunch this number, equip this to get it faster! Fight these monsters! Not perfect DO IT AGAIN.

The single player bit, is the same hashed game over and over again. It isn't anything revolutionary, so don't be so brash like the game is brand new every time. I own every version of pokemon, this one excites me just as much as the others (not very much). But battling with people is the only thing this game has on other RPG's... So why not make it friendly to those who have full time obligations?

Pretty much what I am getting at is, wouldn't it be nice to be relevant with effort still put in but not so much that it makes your mind melt... Who like tedium THAT MUCH?
---
#28deevo117Posted 1/11/2013 3:35:35 AM
TalentedM posted...
deevo117 posted...
Pretty easy to ignore.

That is untill I want to play a battle online and get people with perfect pokemon.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/

Otherwise, you can breed, EV train, RNG, or hack like everyone else! Pretty simple.
---
Official Manectric of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#29MilsoPosted 1/11/2013 3:37:17 AM
@deevo117
You know a game is in a sad state when those are your options. It'd be like if we just simulated the fights for the next EVO. Who actually wants to play the game, right?
---
rawr
#30Hinoken86Posted 1/11/2013 3:37:36 AM
Rememeber when people played their games the way they wanted, and gave no s***s about how anyone else did while not passing judgement on the ways others found to enjoy it?

Yeah, me neither.
---
Former Username: gamrguy
PSN/Steam: Hinoken86