This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Remember when Pokemon was fun?

#31TalentedM(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 3:43:35 AM(edited)
deevo117 posted...

http://pokemonshowdown.com/

Otherwise, you can breed, EV train, RNG, or hack like everyone else! Pretty simple.

I get it, there are simulations out there. There is only 1 problem with it, they aren't the game. No matter how they mask it, it isn't even touching on my subject whatsoever.

I have an AR, I use Pokesav and I can and have breed, EV train and done everything else. You act like I don't know what any of this is... I have known for YEARS. It isn't even what I am talking about.

I can't be the only non masochistic person who plays this game and doesn't enjoy pulling out my hair for 4 hours trying to breed a pokemon worth a damn. Imagine if all of this was something worked around training with your pokemon, not just crunching a number but using it in and out of battle - why wouldn't that work out better? Not just worrying about what your are fighting, but actually fighting. Then relying on skill and your own wit to defeat your opponent.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#32Tequila_ShotPosted 1/11/2013 3:41:18 AM
TalentedM posted...
That isn't a thing in the game... It is something you made up to do in the game. But it isn't accomplishing anything within the game to the games standards and doesn't add anything to the game itself...

The game is what you make of it. You own your copy, so it's on you to do something with it. The game provides all the necessary tools for you to do so. What you do, and how you do it, is entirely up to you.

The Dynamic Values System is not manditory, and is implemented as a means to give individual Pokemon varying degrees of uniqueness and individuality, as the game emphisizes over and over. It's the number crunchers and "min/max players" that will abuse it for the sake of, as Emperor Palpitine would put it ... UNLIMITED POWAHHH! At no point in the game does it force you to min/max, and the fact that I used the Battle Subway to get enough BP to buy all the BP-Only TM's in both Black 1 and White 2, using only Pokemon that were not EV trained and had random natures and IV's, is proof enough of that fact.

The only person demanding perfection is your fellow player, and your fight is with them. Stop blaming the game for a system that is NOT broken, since it functions exactly as it's supposed to. Blame your fellow player for abusing it for the sake of giving themselves a competitive edge.

TalentedM posted...
You wanna "break that 200 mark" (I have no idea what you are rambeling about) go for it.

I have 180 Pokemon that I've manually leveled to 100, and have been working on that collection since Ruby and Sapphire. It would already have broken 200, but Gold, Silver, and Crystal are incompatible with Ruby and Sapphire.

That is how I choose to play the game. I make and level Pokemon because GameFreak was so generous as to make 649 Pokemon for me to play, complete with move pools, abilities, and the whole nine yards. And, unlike some people, I happen to like the fact that there are so many available Pokemon to choose from.
---
If you're a gamer, it is your responsibility to share this with everyone you know:
http://youtu.be/jHmDjNCZR3k
#33Tequila_ShotPosted 1/11/2013 3:46:58 AM
Hinoken86 posted...
Rememeber when people played their games the way they wanted, and gave no s***s about how anyone else did while not passing judgement on the ways others found to enjoy it?

Yeah, me neither.

Except now kids are backwards compared to the judgements people used to pass. Nowadays, people pride how overpowered you can get and complain when the game isn't challenging anymore, saying that the developers are at fault for not making that kind of power necessary

Back in the old days, we used to pride ourselves on how much we could accomplish with as little as possible. That's where challenges like the "Initial Equipment, No Accessories, No Escaping, No Physical Attacks, No Limit Breaks, Command Materia Only" challenge for Final Fantasy VII, or the "Low Level, Natural Magic, No Abilities, Initial Equipment, No Accessories" challenge for Final Fantasy VI come from. Nuzlocke? Yeah, we did that with every game we played.
---
If you're a gamer, it is your responsibility to share this with everyone you know:
http://youtu.be/jHmDjNCZR3k
#34TalentedM(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 3:47:03 AM
Tequila_Shot posted...

The Dynamic Values System is not manditory

The community in which uses the games to host battles between one another have made it mandatory. I understand what you are saying, but from my viewpoint... It is very much so mandatory to have the slightest potential for victory. Which means the win/loss outcome weighs more on your stats VS your actual skill. Otherwise it wouldn't matter and no one would do it.

I have 180 Pokemon that I've manually leveled to 100, and have been working on that collection since Ruby and Sapphire. It would already have broken 200, but Gold, Silver, and Crystal are incompatible with Ruby and Sapphire.

That is how I choose to play the game. I make and level Pokemon because GameFreak was so generous as to make 649 Pokemon for me to play, complete with move pools, abilities, and the whole nine yards. And, unlike some people, I happen to like the fact that there are so many available Pokemon to choose from.

Totally agree with you, nice collection.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#35deevo117Posted 1/11/2013 3:47:10 AM
Milso posted...
@deevo117
You know a game is in a sad state when those are your options. It'd be like if we just simulated the fights for the next EVO. Who actually wants to play the game, right?

I mean I understand your point. But these are game mechanics that have been in the game for 10 years now. If someone wants to competitively pokemon battle without doing anything to get there, then Pokemon Showdown is literally the perfect option. If not, do what you've been doing.

EV training is easier now then it ever has been. and honestly I the only IV can bring myself to care about anymore is Speed when I have a Jolly/Timid poke.

It's honestly just not that hard.
---
Official Manectric of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#36Skull_proPosted 1/11/2013 3:49:24 AM
Nerwrax15 posted...
I don't remember when it wasn't.

---
Pokemon X/Y are going to blow my mind. They already are.
Official Roserade of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#37deevo117Posted 1/11/2013 3:50:53 AM
TalentedM posted...
deevo117 posted...

http://pokemonshowdown.com/

Otherwise, you can breed, EV train, RNG, or hack like everyone else! Pretty simple.

I get it, there are simulations out there. There is only 1 problem with it, they aren't the game. No matter how they mask it, it isn't even touching on my subject whatsoever.

I have an AR, I use Pokesav and I can and have breed, EV train and done everything else. You act like I don't know what any of this is... I have known for YEARS. It isn't even what I am talking about.

I can't be the only non masochistic person who plays this game and doesn't enjoy pulling out my hair for 4 hours trying to breed a pokemon worth a damn. Imagine if all of this was something worked around training with your pokemon, not just crunching a number but using it in and out of battle - why wouldn't that work out better? Not just worrying about what your are fighting, but actually fighting. Then relying on skill and your own wit to defeat your opponent.

TC, I'm not saying that it's a flawless system, it certainly isn't. But it's been this way for over a decade, it's not like they are going to do anything about it now. So what else can we do? If a GameFaqs topic could help us change game mechanics, then by all means I'd be in full support, but don't claim that the game isn't fun when you are obviously continuing to support it, and even though you grow tired of the EV/IV "number crunching antics," you do still enjoy it. If that wasn't the case, you wouldn't be here.
---
Official Manectric of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#38TalentedM(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 3:51:50 AM
Tequila_Shot posted...

Back in the old days.

Games couldn't be updated to add more challenge or game to it. Games couldn't increase in difficulty after a patch to fix something. A game wouldn't evolve past the point of release. The game coudn't handle half the ammount of things available to developers NOW who have the power to make bigger and better games.

It is a poor excuse blown up by the tiniest but of logic. Games now shouldn't have this problem where I have to make up difficulty. It should be patched and corrected, welcome to 2013. Christ I am 27 and been playing games for a million years it feels like and I totally embrace gaming in this age.

It is way better than wishing new stages came out for my favorite game or hoping that the next level isn't the last one because I knew then the fun was over.

(not saying old games suck, just limitations really shouldn't exist anymore)
---
#39TalentedM(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 3:53:06 AM
deevo117 posted...

TC, I'm not saying that it's a flawless system, it certainly isn't. But it's been this way for over a decade, it's not like they are going to do anything about it now. So what else can we do? If a GameFaqs topic could help us change game mechanics, then by all means I'd be in full support, but don't claim that the game isn't fun when you are obviously continuing to support it, and even though you grow tired of the EV/IV "number crunching antics," you do still enjoy it. If that wasn't the case, you wouldn't be here.

Absolute truth. More or less was hoping to see there were others out there like me who would share their ideas or opinions with me. You are correct, I sill love the game.
---
#40TehTrumpCardPosted 1/11/2013 3:54:04 AM
Skull_pro posted...
Nerwrax15 posted...
I don't remember when it wasn't.

---
If everyone was right who'd be the gigalomaniac? "Whose eyes are those eyes?"
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN: TehTrumpCard n ReimuHakure-