This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Remember when Pokemon was fun?

#51TowerBooks3192Posted 1/11/2013 6:05:26 AM
I remember.

I think for me things went serious since the battle tower of crystal and all those very clever combination of moves and then the number crunching. I am progressing a bit slowly since I am getting old and the thing is that whenever I read people's post about number crunching and uber pokemons on the internet, I kind of cringe and say, wow! I don't get a single thing they are saying. LOL
---
"Once you go Marcus Munitions, you never go back us munitions"
#52Scorpion122178Posted 1/11/2013 6:09:19 AM
sonicfanaticjtb posted...
TalentedM posted...
They even matched them up and had the AI act like a real player or as close as one could be with high numbers behind them as well.

I personally would enjoy it more if they did something akin to happyness where the more you use your pokemon the higher the numbers can go based on their nature. I don't see why that wouldn't work out better.

Never quite understood why hidden numbers meant so much.

Also, I can enjoy the game alone. It is when I try to play with friends that they say "My pokemon aren't EV trained and their IV's aren't perfect." I mean dude... I just wanna play the game with skill being the main draw, not how powerful your pokemon are because of hidden numbers.

Makes the game (multiplayer wise) unfun.

The game itself (single) is fine. Pretty much just pokemon.

Play them on battle simulators or ask to only use in game teams.

Battle simulators will allow you to use competitive teams without all the hassle of breeding and what not, while only using ingame teams will allow you to battle your friends without having to worry 'bout the competitive side of things.

Simple.

you'd think so, but as long as people want to stand on a pedestal and spit on "cheating hackers" to make themselves feel more justified in wasting so much time in their unimportant lives topic and flame wars will keep going and going.
---
GT: Scorpion0489
Currently playing: Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, Borderlands 2, Halo 4, TESV Skyrim
#53LimbicPosted 1/11/2013 6:37:57 AM
I really felt like Pokemon grew up with me.

It's the most statistically robust game I play which is power ironic since it's supposed to be a kids' game. And kids still do play it. If you don't like number crunching, you really don't have to. Not for PVE, anyway.

I hope you're able to enjoy the next gen!!
---
Paid DLC at release = end of games.
#54ChronoAcePosted 1/11/2013 6:44:46 AM
Well it can be like that again if they get rid of IVs.
#55Tequila_ShotPosted 1/11/2013 6:46:52 AM
ChronoAce posted...
Well it can be like that again if they get rid of IVs.

How can you say that knowing that IV's have always existed? Your comment doesn't even make any sense. The only thing that will be solved by getting rid of IV's is homogonizing the game, and allowing literally EVERYONE into the competitive scene. Trust me, you won't like that at all.
---
If you're a gamer, it is your responsibility to share this with everyone you know:
http://youtu.be/jHmDjNCZR3k
#56Shadow_StarWolfPosted 1/11/2013 6:49:45 AM
Isn't there an internet term for people who hates games with competitive scene?
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!
#57Tequila_ShotPosted 1/11/2013 6:58:42 AM
Shadow_StarWolf posted...
Isn't there an internet term for people who hates games with competitive scene?

Probably.

But, this isn't about hating the competitive scene. It's about hating the fact that people use IV's to gain a competitive edge, and many people being butthurt that they're at a disadvantage because they can't be bothered to do the same as their opponents.
---
If you're a gamer, it is your responsibility to share this with everyone you know:
http://youtu.be/jHmDjNCZR3k
#58AzureKillerDXPosted 1/11/2013 7:02:52 AM
You mean this morning? Yeah i remember that
#59Nate_DihldorffPosted 1/11/2013 7:08:21 AM
I always tried to get a Beedrill with HP over 300 at level 100 instead of the 274~284 that I would always seem to get.
---
Random GameFAQs user in regards to a used game: "No tutorial since its from GameStop."
#60AxelVDPPosted 1/11/2013 7:15:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It6xj40UVRM
---
Get the Power, Nintendo Power