This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you were a Gym Leader what type of Pokemon would you use?

#91jwolfe340Posted 1/11/2013 12:32:46 PM
I would definitely be Grass. Most of my favorite Pokemon are Grass. My team would probably be as follows:

Exeggutor
Breloom
Amoonguss
Ludicolo
Bellossom
Tangrowth

Otherwise, I would be an Ground type leader, with the following:

Hippowdon
Steelix
Gliscor
Golurk
Flygon
Dugtrio

Yeah.
#92nukedduckPosted 1/11/2013 12:33:42 PM
Ghost and Fire, or Dark and Fire. i dunno 1 type really is no fun at all.
---
PSN ID: radiatedduck
the most wonderful thing about radiatedducks, is IM THE ONLY ONE!!!
#93Madness0fFollyPosted 1/11/2013 12:39:47 PM
Dark type

Scrafty
Houndoom
Honchkrow
Drapion
Bisharp
Spiritomb
---
Official Drayden and BadA** Bisharp of the Pokemon Black 2 boards
#94Ness0123456789Posted 1/11/2013 12:40:01 PM
I'd have a Neutral Gym like Blue did in Gold and Silver. The Gym Leaders are supposed to the pinnacle of challenges for Trainers, so I don't understand why most use three and of only one exploitable type.

Six Pokemon from my usual main team, with Ampharos being my signature Pokemon.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#95deathbycookiesPosted 1/11/2013 12:41:39 PM
Ghost!

Dusknoir
Cofagrigus
Mismagius
Golurk
Chandlure
Spirtomb
#96PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 1/11/2013 12:47:39 PM
Flying

Charizard
Zapdos
Butterfree
Landorus
Gyarados
Dragonite
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#97Samp98518Posted 1/11/2013 12:48:16 PM
Electric, because I love Luxray. My team of 6 would be:

Luxray
Raichu
Manectric
Eelectross
Electabuzz
Jolteon
---
"My plan was perfect. But there was one thing I overlooked, one factor I failed to calculate.
He's a dumbass. And there's no accounting for dumbassness.
#98Shadow_CharzardPosted 1/11/2013 12:49:16 PM
Fire is my favourite type, but I recently discovered how many diverse Flying-types there are in the game. Togekiss, Dragonite, Mantine, Sigilyph, Skarmory, Gliscor, Staraptor, Altaria, Honchkrow, the genies and their Therian formes, Braviary, Mandibuzz... They all provide so many different team options.
#99LSSJ3VegittoPosted 1/11/2013 12:52:08 PM
A mixed type gym. For an actual challenge and to let the challengers actually walk away with some decent experience.
#100XashowdPosted 1/11/2013 12:53:13 PM
I personally prefer Dark Types, but I did make an Electric-type team once. The main inspiration for the Team though, my Surfing Raichu, is forced to stay behind because I'd have to remove the one thing that makes him special just for him to Cross the Gen Gap. I seriously wonder if Gamefreak remembers that about HG/SS, how many special pokemon there can't cross the Gen Gap intact (or at all) for one reason or another. Let's hope 6th Gen remedies that problem...

Back on Topic, My Electric team consisted of Surfing Raichu, Jolteon, Lanturn, Luxray, Electivire, and Zapdos. Figured I'd throw in some 5th Gen Electric types once the Team made it to Black Version but...Yeah, Surfing Raichu is stuck (and in the aftermath of that discovery, I forgot about the team as a whole...). Until GF realizes that since Surf is in every generation barring it from crossing the gap is ridiculous, that is...
---
I am MnK Xashowd. Official Darkrai of the Pokemon X/Y Boards.
3DS FC: 3695-0746-1582. Xashowd. PM me if you add me.