This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How would Gamefreak use Spotpass?

#11MetaFalconPunchPosted 1/11/2013 2:55:25 PM
Serebii from SPP posted...
I can imagine the WiFi event Pokémon will just be sent via SpotPass

PLEASE let this happen.

Can't tell how many event pokemon I've missed because of this not being the case.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead. Official Jolteon of the Eevee Corps. Official Jolteon of the Pokemon X Board
Kraid: (steps on you)
#12ZackeCorvusPosted 1/11/2013 3:14:34 PM
Now that Serebii said that, I have a sinking feeling that spotpass will be used as the new alternative for GTS abuse for making edited pokemon.
#13kakkapylly56Posted 1/11/2013 3:22:44 PM
Secret bases.That is all.
---
Gen 6 is coming to 3ds vdmvmkfngfjklnfgkn gngmnhgklhnfphoongjdgjdghfdbdhbtduvjduvvygfdjnkfgnebf ehrbewubwurwyubrubwbwbrwurybgueigberbgbrg
#14reaverzPosted 1/11/2013 3:25:47 PM
Battle Video of the week?
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#15XashowdPosted 1/11/2013 3:31:55 PM
Notifications (GTS, Event Pokemon, etc.) seem most likely to me. Honestly, Spotpass isn't really used much in games except for Notifications and Item Grants (Palutena's Gem-of-the-Day in KIU) from what I've noticed. Hopefully We'll get Event Pokemon that way like Serebii said, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was just GTS notifications and an Item-of-the-Day grant. Although, if they incorporated the Dream World into Spotpass or something...Or even Entralink, if it returns...There's potential, but Spotpass is only really used for minor stuff. Anything major is typically filed under Online Multiplayer.
---
I am MnK Xashowd. Official Darkrai of the Pokemon X/Y Boards.
3DS FC: 3695-0746-1582. Xashowd. PM me if you add me.
#16Second_ChancesPosted 1/11/2013 3:37:45 PM
Event distributions. It's pretty obvious.

Now, StreetPass on the other hand certainly is a good wonder.
#17yoshi006Posted 1/11/2013 11:24:19 PM
Chenmaster2 posted...
Spotpass is not Streetpass guys ...

Oops, my bad. I read that wrong. I'm sure they can find some good uses for Spotpass. As other people have said already, most likely it will be used for events.
---
Good gameplay can easily salvage a bad story.
Good story can never save bad gameplay.
#18kenneth_velezPosted 1/11/2013 11:31:36 PM
lol Street pass would streamline the process of location event pokemon, feel so nerdy whipping out my DS at Gamestop just to get a pokemon. Now I can just casually browse the 3DS and 360 games with no one suspecting a thing.
#19MarbiaachPosted 1/12/2013 10:56:23 PM
Xashowd posted...
Notifications (GTS, Event Pokemon, etc.) seem most likely to me. Honestly, Spotpass isn't really used much in games except for Notifications and Item Grants (Palutena's Gem-of-the-Day in KIU) from what I've noticed.

Interestingly enough, 3DS games can be updated through Spotpass (As in, fixing glitches, adding things, that kind of stuff.), and its been used by MK7 and FE:Awakening. I wonder if this game will have an update like that?
---
Black 2 : [Marvin] [FC: 0777 2092 3156]